PDA

View Full Version : New Products, Altitude Glue and Display Hangars

Oberst Hajj
09-15-2012, 05:23
I'm proud to announce two new products to the growing line of accessories for this great game we all play.

Altitude Glue (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/game-aides/altitude-glue.html)

Ever get tired of your altitude pegs coming apart during a game? If so, then Altitude Glue is for you! This nontoxic "glue" dries clear and has a low tack that last forever (okay, maybe not forever, but close enough!). It does not actually glue to pegs together, but if you put a very thin coat of it on the small male pin of a peg, it will give the pegs just enough grip that they will not come apart during game play. You can actually shake the mini and base up and down with out them coming apart! When the game is over, you simply take the pegs apart like normal. Each bottle has enough Altitude Glue to do thousands of pegs.

Display Hangar (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/storage/display-hangar.html)

Looking for an attractive way to display your aircraft collection or to showcase that custom paint job? Look no further then the Aerodrome Accessories Display Hangar. Designed not only to highlight your favorite planes, but to keep them safe from damage and dust free. Encased in a heavy duty crystal clear protective shell is a simple diorama laser cut from Baltic birch. Since these planes are game pieces, simply tucking them away behind plastic will never do. The green field lifts up to expose a storage area for all the game parts you need to fly your plane!

(opps, there was a piece of lint on my Camel mini!

Here is a short video (http://aerodromeaccessories.com/videos/DisplayHangar.mp4) of it in action... it's pretty cool so check it out!

jbmacek
09-15-2012, 05:38
Awww man! Those are sweet!

jbmacek
09-15-2012, 05:41
What are the dimensions on those? If they are the same width as an International Foods coffee tin, then they will fit in the tray of my storage/travel box! (I'm sure you've listed them somewhere, but it would be nice to have them on this page.)

Oberst Hajj
09-15-2012, 05:48
The plastic cases are standard UltrPro 100 count boxes. The outside dimensions are 75mm across, 100mm deep and 51mm high. Does that help?

Bluedevil
09-15-2012, 05:53
Awesome!:eek:

Pseudotheist
09-15-2012, 06:42
Cool stuff; couple questions:

1. Is the glue basically a re-labelling of that stuff Cappy-Tom used, or an altogether different animal?
2. Are you maikng any of the hangars with flight peg attachments?

Oberst Hajj
09-15-2012, 08:45
1. Yes, just repackaged in smaller bottles as the "retail" version is like 500x times to much quantity wise and this make it cheaper for our uses.

2. The hanger have a 1/8 hole in the top that I insert a wooden dowl into and glue the magnet onto. So, you could glue a peg in there, but I'm not sure how much top clearance you might have with all the different plane types. They might not also stay attached as good with out the magnet. Also, any ordered with out the magnet setup would have to coordinated prior to purchasing to make sure I have some "raw" parts to make it work.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-15-2012, 09:07
Very neat promo video Keith.
Pity I already have my crates boxed otherwise I'd be after some of those boxes.
I will certainly be adding some of that glue to my next order though.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
09-15-2012, 09:33
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll have to make some of these for my self as well. It's too cool (and safe) of a way to show off my repaints at Conventions!

Flying Officer Kyte
09-15-2012, 11:28
You have a good point there Keith.
For display at Conventions, I may have to get a few myself.
Rob.

Doug
09-15-2012, 16:07
Yes it would also be a good way of keeping dust of display models I will have to get some:money:

Boney10
09-15-2012, 16:41
Drat, didn't notice this before sending off my last order.
Like the glue, I am using clear nail varnish to add a bit of strength to the peg joins, seems to work.
Like the boxes too, lie the Wingco they would be very useful for displays. Hmmmmm

pstapleton53
09-15-2012, 16:50
Very nice job on the boxes! Much better than the ones I did. It really is an effective way to display and transport minis.

redcoon2
09-15-2012, 17:24
Looks like the old budget needs a quick update to account for the new display cases. Any discount for high-volume orders? Another great idea Keith.

gully_raker
09-15-2012, 18:35
:thumbsup: Two excellent additions to the range Keith.
Any news on when we can expect the foam Hangers to be back in stock?

Oberst Hajj
09-15-2012, 18:57
Drat, didn't notice this before sending off my last order.
Like the glue, I am using clear nail varnish to add a bit of strength to the peg joins, seems to work.
Like the boxes too, lie the Wingco they would be very useful for displays. Hmmmmm

I was using the clear nail varnish as well, but it seemed to wear off pretty quick and did not always hold well enough, requiring another coat. So I started looking for a better options and Ken/Tom turned me on to this at Origins this year.

Very nice job on the boxes! Much better than the ones I did. It really is an effective way to display and transport minis.

Thanks. I what I learned form making my prototype "drawer" style display case and crossed it with some of what you did with yours. Add in the precision of laser cutting and it all comes out to one nice little product!

:thumbsup: Two excellent additions to the range Keith.
Any news on when we can expect the foam Hangers to be back in stock?

I was supposed to have had prototype samples for the Series 5 minis this past week :( So no, no real answer for you yet. Sorry.

Niclas
09-16-2012, 13:52
I had to look through my fingers at those display hangars. They're really cool, but if I start down that route I'll be ruined in no seconds flat.

/Niclas

Naharaht
09-17-2012, 08:38
These look good.

Gaz67
09-17-2012, 11:59
Are the boxes big enough for the twin seaters? and secondly are there plans for a Bomber sized box? (not that I can afford 50+ boxes!)

Oberst Hajj
09-17-2012, 16:06
Looks like the old budget needs a quick update to account for the new display cases. Any discount for high-volume orders? Another great idea Keith.

Sent you a PM Thomas.

Are the boxes big enough for the twin seaters? and secondly are there plans for a Bomber sized box? (not that I can afford 50+ boxes!)

The short answer is no, the 2 seaters will not fit in these cases. The German 2 seaters would fit into them if I turned them sideways and moved the tall wall to the side and relocated mounting point off center a bit. All of which is doable. The Entente 2 seaters are larger and will not fit these cases at all. Same for the bombers of course. I could try sourcing cases for the larger planes, but sells on the scout sized Display Hangars would have to warrant them.

DanjelRicci
09-19-2012, 01:02
Wow. The cases are stunning! *__*

tusekine
09-19-2012, 08:36
When will the glue be available? I tried to order but got out of stock. Thanks!

HTRAINo
09-19-2012, 13:01
Wow! someones been very busy! Nice selection of goodies to choose from now :drinks:

pstapleton53
09-19-2012, 13:22
I liked the look of the new boxes so much that, despite I still have a numer of my own design available, I ordered a couple of yours. It occuured to me that your boxes, along with some of my paper miniatures would make an attractive tournament award. Or a nice gift, a la, an upgraded in appearance duel box.

Oberst Hajj
09-19-2012, 14:40
When will the glue be available? I tried to order but got out of stock. Thanks!

Sorry about that, wrong setting in the system. They can be ordered now.

I liked the look of the new boxes so much that, despite I still have a numer of my own design available, I ordered a couple of yours. It occuured to me that your boxes, along with some of my paper miniatures would make an attractive tournament award. Or a nice gift, a la, an upgraded in appearance duel box.

That's quite a compliment Patrick. And you are quite right about them making great gifts and prizes. I think I'll have to pick up some extra minis from Series 5 and the Series 1 reprints and box them up for prizes!

grief
09-30-2012, 08:34
Very nice, i think when i've collected a few more air craft i'll be in . I presume the ww2 models will fit?

Oberst Hajj
09-30-2012, 09:08
All of the fighters do and both the Stuka and Val fit turned sideways (facing long edge of the box).

Caveman
12-03-2012, 22:59
I just received my display hanger and these things are great! I wish I could take a picture that does them justice.

Oberst Hajj
12-03-2012, 23:15
Glad you like it Dave. I've found them to be great for showing people my custom paint jobs. It keeps the plane nice and safe (especially the minis I've rigged) while letting the viewer see clearly all the details I've added in a nice looking environment. The storage space on bottom is just an added bonus to me.

richarddaystrom
01-21-2014, 18:02
Is it still possible to order these nice Display Hanger cases?

Oberst Hajj
01-21-2014, 18:12
Is it still possible to order these nice Display Hanger cases?

Not really, but PM me your wants and I can cut you the wood parts if you want to source the clear cases and assemble them your self.

skyking20
01-21-2014, 18:12
Another amazing addition to our great hobby! But I need a part time job just to keep up!

By the way Keith my order arrived today. Perfect!
Lance

Marechallannes
04-03-2014, 22:01
I bought the altitude glue and use it always.

Before I always had to check wether the altitude pegs fit or fit not.

I can only recommend this product. :thumbsup: