PDA

View Full Version : DERBY WARGAMES EVENT IN OCTOBER

Hedeby
09-13-2012, 12:52
Anyone planning on going to the wargames weekend at Derby this October? and more importantly is anyone running a demo game so we don't miss out on a quick dogfight over the trenches?

Boney10
09-13-2012, 14:28
Hi Chris, I am going to Derby this year.
Back in May And June I mailed DerbyWargames about putting on a display game but I have never received a reply from them, so looks like no for this year.
However I do intend to be putting on a participation game on at Warefare in Reading in November and I will be contacting Sheffield for a slot again for Triples 2013

Hedeby
09-13-2012, 15:05
That's a real pity. Wonder if they would notice if we took over a corner of the bar and just happened to have play mats and a few planes with us....
I will be there with a few friends. I may even end up on one of the trade stalls as one of my mates is an account manager for Mantic Games and I might lend him a hand (If I can't get my WoW fix that is, lol)

Flying Officer Kyte
09-14-2012, 00:15
Christophe and I should be there as well on the Saturday, so we must all arrange to meet up in the bar.
Rob.

Hedeby
09-14-2012, 12:03
Alas I cannot make Saturday as my youngest daughter has her moving into university day, so it will be Sunday for me
many apologies

RJB
09-17-2012, 11:36
I will be there one of the days but not sure which one yet

Hedeby
09-17-2012, 14:40
Taking my youngest off to University for the first time on the Saturday - so its a Sunday visit for me

sarge
09-19-2012, 07:31
Should be in attendance on the Sunday...all things being equal

Hedeby
09-19-2012, 15:25
Excellent - unfortunately doesn't look like there will be a demo game going on - unless someone happens to find a game mat a few planes and a table in the bar !

Flying Officer Kyte
09-19-2012, 23:39
Excellent - unfortunately doesn't look like there will be a demo game going on - unless someone happens to find a game mat a few planes and a table in the bar !

I wonder how long it would be before some jobsworth tried to throw us out?
Might be worth a try just to find out.
Rob.

Boney10
09-19-2012, 23:58
While there Ill contact the organisers to ask why I got no answer and to set up for next year,I did the same at Newbury, I know it seems a long way off but the wheels are in motion for Reading 2012, Triples 2013, Newbury 2013 and Derby 2013. Hopefully also Devizes 2013 but not got in touch yet

Baron Rolf
09-24-2012, 03:10
It's a shame that some wargames shows here in Blighty seem to be ignoring Wings of Glory , if we could get at least some of them to agree to folk putting on a demo game we might gain a few new recruits for this fantastic game.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-24-2012, 07:41
It's a shame that some wargames shows here in Blighty seem to be ignoring Wings of Glory , if we could get at least some of them to agree to folk putting on a demo game we might gain a few new recruits for this fantastic game.

Chris is working on this for a number of shows Mark, but in my experience of doing the show circuit over the last 20 years or so, you either have to know someone influential in the organisation or just keep chipping away for years until someone finally gives in and says O.K.
Chris is chipping and I'm sure that given time we will get more shows. He has already got us at least two prestigious ones and a smaller show this year, and it looks as if next year has every chance of really taking off.:)
Rob.

Stormkahn
09-30-2012, 04:02
I'm hoping to make Saturday afternoon, there's a break in the cloud so I'll dash over with the wingmen....just to give you a warning!!

cheers,

Dave.

Hedeby
09-30-2012, 08:51
Would be more than willing to help out at Triple, Partizan and Derby going forward - just let me know

Flying Officer Kyte
09-30-2012, 10:51
Great to hear chaps. I met up with von Rogerstein today and he is coming up Friday to stop for the weekend, so we will be there Saturday as well. I'll talk to you more about meeting up when I see you for our game on Thursday Dave.
Rob.

Booboohamster
10-01-2012, 10:50
There will be a few of us from Middlesbrough down for the Saturday, shame there's no game on but we may bring a few planes just in case.

Flying Officer Kyte
10-01-2012, 13:01
Good to hear that you are coming down Andrew.
I'm sure that we can find some space to fly a few passes before the security guards chuck us out.
Boney is an expert at this sort of thing.
Rob.

grief
10-01-2012, 13:07
See you in reading and look forward to a game

Boney10
10-04-2012, 00:48
I will also take up some kit, just in case

Flying Officer Kyte
10-04-2012, 02:14
I will also take up some kit, just in case

I will also bring some kit, also in a case Chris.:minis:
Rob.:lol:

Boney10
10-04-2012, 02:20
;):D:D

RJB
10-05-2012, 13:48
See you all tomorrow :thumbsup:

Flying Officer Kyte
10-05-2012, 14:15
See you all tomorrow :thumbsup:

Will attempt to be in whatever passes for the main bar area at about 12 till at least 12.30. as is our usual ploy at these events.
Rob.

RJB
10-05-2012, 14:22
Will attempt to be in whatever passes for the main bar area at about 12 till at least 12.30. as is our usual ploy at these events.
Rob.

Sounds good to me :pint:

Richard

Boney10
10-06-2012, 12:00
Well chaps arrived at Derby today ... and we managed to get a table.
From approx 11:30 untill 5pm we ran a number of WW1 games, ranging from the new earlies to Camels v DVa and at the end an appearance made by a Fokker EV and a first outing for one of my Snipes.
Apologies to all who didnt see us , we only got the table at short notice, ie when I asked why we didnt get a reply to my request but was assured that for next year we would be ok .
I did see Booboo Hamster briefly but we did have a good time and I know at least one new convert , who went and bought a couple of aircraft and the new started box set.
I will send the Oberst a mail to see if we can get some tin to show off.
Thanks to all who turned up and took part

Boney10
10-06-2012, 12:02
As an after thought, as I cannot be there on Sunday chaps, if you take some kit speak to the organisers and tell them you are from the WoG forum same as yesterday you may get the same table we did.
Let me know if you do and who you are
Chris

Flying Officer Kyte
10-07-2012, 00:02
Good to see you chaps at Derby, and I would especially like to thank Boney(Chris) who performed the oracle again to get us a table at the last minute. It was a good job that we had all the gaming kit in the car!
Thanks for a great days play. I even enjoyed getting shot down by a couple of you.:hmm:
Rob.