PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore-Washington Just joined. Have had the game for a while, looking for players.

GoldenGuy22
09-13-2012, 12:21
Joined today. I've owned Wings of War (WWI) for some time, have several planes, haven't had much luck in finding players local to me. I live in central Virginia, about 15 miles East of Charlottesville, in a community known as Lake Monticello. I'm retired, love board games (conflict simulations mostly) and some miniatures. I go to both Board Game and Miniatures conventions nearby. We travel around the US and Canada some of the time, mostly in our RV. I became a private pilot in my 30's, but haven't flown left-seat since about 1980. :)

AlgyLacey
09-13-2012, 14:35
Welcome from Dear old Blighty! I'm afraid Virginia is out of range for us here but I'm sure the locals will put you on to a club.
Do try the player finder. See who's on the map nearby. And don't let the Buckeyes persuade you to move to Ohio.

Pull up a chock, have a glass of this.....what the hell is this Flight? Ditch water?....and people will soon stop by to see if we've got anything worth drinking, stealing or shooting at. ;)

MoonSylver
09-13-2012, 14:38
Do try the player finder. See who's on the map nearby. And don't let the Buckeyes persuade you to move to Ohio.

:lol: Welcome! You came to the right place to find players, & if you DON'T there are some great Solo options in the files section. :)

AlgyLacey
09-13-2012, 14:47
Ha! You see? The OH in Uh Oh! Is there for a reason.

By the way, where did the map go? I've just been looking for it and damned if I know where it's been put. ( not that I can read the damn things)

ptownhiker
09-13-2012, 15:25
Welcome to the site, Bill. I am in Virginia, but in Portsmouth. I do play at conventions in Williamsburg (Williamsburg Muster and Guns of August in games run by Richard Schwab). The closest I will be to you is in March when I run a WW2 game at Madicon in Harrisonburg.

Willi Von Klugermann
09-13-2012, 19:43
welcome aboard Bill.

Tommy Z
09-13-2012, 21:23
Welcome Bill! Pay no attention to the troll! :smack:;)

The Buckeye Squadron forces no one to join us against their will!

We gave Guntruck back when we were done with him!

AlgyLacey
09-13-2012, 22:34
Welcome Bill! Pay no attention to the troll! :smack:;)

The Buckeye Squadron forces no one to join us against their will!

We gave Guntruck back when we were done with him!

:lol:

CappyTom
09-14-2012, 01:48
Welcome aboard Bill, glad to have you. Next year if you get the chance to travel to Ohio in late June. There is Origins (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?79-Origins-Game-Fair-2012) which is a great convention for gaming. You would love it.
:thumbsup:
Thomas

Guntruck
09-14-2012, 02:33
Hi Bill, welcome from England

grumpybear
09-14-2012, 02:40
Hi from Alberta

flash
09-14-2012, 03:49
...We gave Guntruck back when we were done with him!

Thought he was walking funny...:eek:
Welcome to the 'drome Bill from Sussex on the south coast of England.

CaptWillard
09-24-2012, 08:57
Hello Bill,

Veronica have been meeting once a month or so at the Game Parlor in Chantilly. That's about 1.5 - 2 hours from C'ville. I try to post about a week or so before we play.

http://www.gameparlor.com/

Anyway, welcome to the 'drome & maybe we will see you at the Game Parlor!

marcoperse
11-19-2012, 06:29
Welcome aboard from Firenze Bill :salute:

:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks:

Marco

Attila57
11-19-2012, 10:41
Welcome aboard from Italy

:FOK:

Attilio

Flying Officer Kyte
11-19-2012, 12:40
On behalf of all the other pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Bill.
I'm sure that the chaps would love to see you grace the Officer's club with your presence.
Do come and join us for a chinwag and a few beers.
Rob.

Wolfmanjack
11-25-2012, 06:50
Bill,
I live in the Front Royal area and am also looking for players --- would you be interested in getting together here or at your place? We could also meet at Game Parlor Chantilly -- let me know
Take care
Jack

CaptWillard
11-25-2012, 07:06
If you guys end up at the Game Parlor please let me know.

BBSuds
11-25-2012, 12:34
"Ooooh noooooo, Mr. Bill!" :eek: Welcome to the Drome.

Trench Wench
11-25-2012, 14:06
Hi Bill!! Welcome!! I understand about not having local players, but I think people are willing to drive 1/2 hr to an hour to play for a day. Remember: "If you post it, they will come!" By the way, If you like to travel, Wisconsin is a beautiful place to see in the fall (which happens to be right around Rock-Con). BBsuds and I will hopefully be attending Rock-Con next year also. We had a blast!!

Wolfmanjack
11-26-2012, 11:33
It'll be after the first of the year --- I'd like to set up a time and see what happens. I'll let you know when I'm out at the GP.
Take care
Jack

CaptWillard
12-02-2012, 14:56
OK

I'll post if Veronica and I set up something at the Game Parlor