PDA

View Full Version : KOTA: League vs Campaign Game questions

celticgriffon
09-08-2012, 00:00
Hey everyone,

I was looking at the Knights in the Air ruleset a bit today.

I understand the importance of the Campaign missions. The ultimate goal is to go through time through the war. What is the purpose for League Games, however? Is it simply to advance your pilots experience points?

Cheers,
Michael

Oberst Hajj
09-08-2012, 19:23
Hi Michael,

The league games were put in there as my group (who the campaign was written for) had several players that wanted to be able to fly outside our weekly game night. They wanted these games to count for their pilot stats as well. This was sort of the "lone wolf" sorties WWI aces were known for. The league games are not required in any way, and if fact, my group has not used them the past 2 times we ran the campaign. The reference to them is also being dropped in V2.0 of the campaign rules.

celticgriffon
09-08-2012, 21:41
Thanks so much for clarifying. One more thing on the KOTA rules - Under the section on ground targets there is a highlighted sentence which was duplicated (originally in the previous paragraph on Balloons).

Cheers,
Michael

celticgriffon
09-19-2012, 12:32
Keith - one other thing...

First of all I want to say I really like both the simplicity and complexity of this campaign. It hits both sides of the equation well as needed.

One thing I noticed, however, is that there isn't really an ultimate goal to the campaign.. Perhaps I missed it though.

After completing the final mission there isn't a winner per se. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Another thing I was thinking about - if the mission fails and it is replayed and fails yet again perhaps initiative should switch to the other team. It wouldn't necessarily fall back per se. Perhaps the team which finally destroys the other sides aerodrome wins the campaign?

Thoughts?

Michael

Oberst Hajj
09-19-2012, 15:25
Michael,

Making it to and winning the the final mission is the end goal. That side that does that is the winner. In version 2 the whole fallback system has been removed. In it you never fallback to earlier missions, it just switches between the two sides on who is the attacker. Each starting with the last successful mission they won.

celticgriffon
09-19-2012, 21:10
I kinda wish I could see V2.0 then!!! ;p

Oberst Hajj
09-20-2012, 07:42
Sorry, it's not ready just yet.