PDA

View Full Version : Help With Solo Rules

flyerneil
08-23-2012, 06:51
Seveal solo games have been put in the "files" section and the Solo Manoeuvre cards do not seem to relate

What do these numbers refer to?
SNIPE
4-11-1
4-5-7
22-2-10
13-15-1
6-4-7
1-2-15
1-9-22
4-7-20
4-7-5

Are the manoeuvre cards used in these games. If not where are they used?

What do Closing and Moving Away refer to.
Then there are the numbers on the left side of the manoeuvre cards. What do they mean?

Help

Neil

Watchdog
08-23-2012, 07:11
Neil, I am not sure but could the numbers for the Snipe be the numbers of the manoeuvre cards from its deck?

You are supposed to get the template for determining the sector where the nearest airplane hostile to the AI is and to determine whether this hostile airplane is facing. Is it closing (aiming at the AI with its front) or moving away from it (aiming at the AI with its back)? Then roll a D6 and use the set of manoeuvres listed for that D6 roll result.

The numbers to the left of the manoeuvre card sets are the numbers of the sectors, based on the numbers on the clocks (you do know what having an enemy at 6 o'clock means, right?). The AI will naturally react differently to an enemy that is on its 6 o'clock and closing to it, than to an enemy at 2 o'clock and moving away from it.

I hope this helps. :)

flyerneil
08-23-2012, 10:53
Yes I think I understand.

I did not notice if the manoeuvre cards have a number. I will check.

thanks

Watchdog
08-23-2012, 11:05
You are welcome Neil. Please, note that when you are to use a right turn, it is not important whether you use the first, second or third right turn in the manoeuvre deck, as long as that card is the right turn.

flyerneil
08-24-2012, 05:13
I tried a short game last night. I works great. thanks again Jan

Neil

diceslinger
08-27-2012, 16:19
Seveal solo games have been put in the "files" section and the Solo Manoeuvre cards do not seem to relate

What do these numbers refer to?
SNIPE
4-11-1
4-5-7
22-2-10
13-15-1
6-4-7
1-2-15
1-9-22
4-7-20
4-7-5

Are the manoeuvre cards used in these games. If not where are they used?

What do Closing and Moving Away refer to.
Then there are the numbers on the left side of the manoeuvre cards. What do they mean?

Help

Neil

Neil, not to confuse things, but if the numbers come for the solo missions posted by Max Headroom, I believe they are pre-programmed flight paths for the planes to fly. The numbers refer to the number on the maneuver decks. The planes would always fly the same path.
Then there is the AI system by Richard Bradley and advanced charts by Blackronin. They are not preprogrammed, but reactive. You make a template and plan their maneuvers based on the charts as Watchdog explained. Hope this helps!

flyerneil
08-28-2012, 06:56
Shawn
The numbers on the cards are very small so I did not see them at first. I have not tried an AI game yet but the pre progammed games are a great way to get some practice.

thanks for your help