PDA

View Full Version : best glue for sticking a wing back on ?

Colmanspig
03-07-2010, 10:39
Udet's plane came through the post with a wing off. whats the best glue to use please any ideas?

pflanzer
03-07-2010, 10:51
I have used both Zap a Gap (a thin superglue) and regular hobby plastic cement. Depends on how easy it is to put the wing/part together. If it is simple and won't move around I use the faster setting superglue. If not the the slower hobby cement. I use a variety of clamps, clothes pins, ruberbands etc to hold things in place. I try to do my gluing at night so I put it down and let it go without fiddling with it. It should go without saying but use the glue frugally.

Tony

sparty
03-07-2010, 19:32
I actually got a Fokker DVII that had the landing gear broken off when I got it in the mail....

I used regular super glue and heres why...

1. Zap-a-Gap is so runny that it takes a little while to dry and is okay for detail work, but is generally better at larger joints.

2. No need to use accelerant with plastic application like zip kicker or something along those lines.

Colmanspig
03-08-2010, 03:32
thanks guys

leadpusher
03-08-2010, 11:18
I prefer to use the gel type super glue. It stays in one place and is great for point gluing. If you are fill a seam or joining two halves of a fuselage, then the regular super glue works great. If you need to temporarily tack two pieces together I use a thick PVA glue like Ailene's Craft glue.

afilter
03-08-2010, 11:35
Zap a Gap is my go to hobby glue for just about everything.

Bunnyman
01-26-2024, 00:23
I prefer the Zap CA that comes in the pink label bottle. The Zap-A-Gap comes in the green label bottle.