PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Rock-Con

Beer&pretzels
08-11-2012, 21:33
The site for Rock-Con has been updated. The con is scheduled for Oct 19 - 21 in Rockford. I am running a game Sat. morning and might register one for Sat. afternoon too. This is a neat game con, had a lot of fun there last year.

crashx
08-12-2012, 19:58
Weeeee!!! I'm planning on Friday night for a flight school and open training flights!! I'll be there all weekend, and I'm looking forward to your scenarios Saturday!!!

Ranger
08-13-2012, 07:32
I'm going to have to see if I can swing that. I'd love to run the Zep scenario again.

Beer&pretzels
08-13-2012, 07:51
Ranger,
Just looked at the pictures of your Zep scenario. Looks really nice, be great if you could make it up to Rockford.

Ranger
08-27-2012, 16:49
Well, it looks like I may be able to pull off getting up there for a couple of days. Has anyone else submitted a WoW/WoG game yet? Just want to deconflict with what other people are thinking about doing.

crashx
08-29-2012, 05:33
Rob, I was going to do the flight school Friday night, but I can request more tables and put you right next to it to run that at the same time. We could feed them from my tables to yours. What is your schedule going to be???

Beer&pretzels
08-29-2012, 19:45
I just submitted another game for Sat. afternoon.

Ranger
08-30-2012, 11:23
Well, the Zep game takes pretty much all 4 hours to play through, so I'm not sure setting up next to the flight training would work. It's looking like Saturday morning would be the optimal time right now. I'll probably get up there Friday afternoon, and maybe leave late Saturday or early Sunday Morning (have to be at work Sunday afternoon).

crashx
09-14-2012, 18:12
Friday night Flight School is confirmed at Rock-Con. Ranger, have you registered the Zepplin scenario??

Ranger
09-19-2012, 20:09
No, I haven't. Been crazy at work the last couple (or more) weeks. Also, there may be a bonus (in game terms) in the works... I'll submit by next week at the latest.

Beer&pretzels
09-23-2012, 18:08
Rock-Con officials have just confirmed my game for Sat. afternoon. I'll be running two games, one Sat. morning and the other Sat. afternoon.

crashx
09-23-2012, 20:11
Bravo!!! Do you need anything??

Beer&pretzels
09-24-2012, 20:06
Maybe some flame and smoke markers. Beyond that I think I'm set. Thanks Tim.

crashx
09-26-2012, 22:06
Got you covered, anything else let me know!!!

Beer&pretzels
10-07-2012, 20:30
13 days until Rock-con!

BBSuds
10-08-2012, 08:40
Looking forward to my first Rock-Con. My girl friend and I will be down for the entire 3 days and I was wondering if anyone will be running WOW games Sat.PM and Sun. We plan on gaming Fri. and both sessions on Sat. but we need MORE!!!! We are both just getting into WOW and are looking forward to gaming with everyone.

Beer&pretzels
10-08-2012, 19:24
We might be able to get an impromptu game for Sat. night. I have a couple scenarois that i have already run and two others that are still in the works. I still need to workout my ideas for Bloody April, British Sector and Last Flight of the Red Baron.

crashx
10-10-2012, 20:58
Hello Bob, welcome to the group!!! Michael, Monday I put in for a Saturday night session, just waiting for confirmation!!! Sunday is still open. If people want a session on Sunday, let me know ASAP and I'll get it registered!!!

BBSuds
10-10-2012, 21:28
Hi Tim, glad to be aboard. My girl friend(Beth) and I will be down all weekend. This is are 1st time at Rock-Con and we are looking forward to it. We both will be playing as much WOW as possible so count us in for Fri. Sat. and Sun. See you down at Rock-Con.

crashx
10-10-2012, 21:47
That's great Bob!!! I look forward to seeing you there!!!

Sir_Peter
10-10-2012, 23:18
Hello Tim: Antina has been sick the last couple of days, so I don't think she has sent out any game confirmations.

I will double check my files when I get back into the store and see what I show for your game registrations

Thanks

Rock-Con registration Staff
www.rock-con.com

crashx
10-11-2012, 14:26
Hello Sir Peter, welcome to the Aerodrome!!! Thanks for the message back, I just sent a request earlier this week for Saturday night. I am already listed and confirmed for Friday night, and I will be sending in another request for Sunday. I hope Antina gets well very soon!!!

Sir_Peter
10-11-2012, 15:22
Hello Sir Peter, welcome to the Aerodrome!!! Thanks for the message back, I just sent a request earlier this week for Saturday night. I am already listed and confirmed for Friday night, and I will be sending in another request for Sunday. I hope Antina gets well very soon!!!

Hello Tim: I do see both your Fri. and Sat. game slots on my game listing - I know Antina is working on the final update to post to the web site along with the booklet.

I wouldn't hesitate too long to get another game posted as I believe we will be pulling game postings tomorrow or Sat. night

Hope that you enjoy Rock-Con and if I get a chance, I'll try and come introduce my-self on Fri.

Rock-Con Registration Staff

Sir_Peter
10-11-2012, 15:55
OK Gang: Was double checking my listings and here is what I am showing as games that have been registered.

Fri. - Slot 1: 7pm-11pm - GM: Tim
Wings of Glory Flight School

Sat. - Slot 2: 9am-1pm - GM: Michael
Bloody April, French Sector

Sat. - Slot 3: 2pm-6pm - GM: Micheal
General Ludendorf sir, We're not in Paris yet

Sat. - Slot 4: 7pm-11pm - GM: Tim
The Dog Fights

I hope that I haven't missed anyone - If so, please let me know and i'll double check my registration spreadsheet

Thanks
Rock-Con Registration Staff

Beer&pretzels
10-13-2012, 19:45
Excellent! I am really looking forward to it.

BBSuds
10-14-2012, 09:26
Tim, I have my buddy-mav1624 and his son also coming down on Fri. so count them in on Fri. not yet sure if they will be gaming on Sat. Beth and I will be gaming (WOW) all weekend.

mav1624
10-14-2012, 14:14
Hey Tim, me and my son plan on being there this weekend. We are looking forward to playing Friday and saturday Should be a great time.

Beer&pretzels
10-15-2012, 19:38
Getting excited! This should be a good time.

crashx
10-15-2012, 20:09
Michael, with our friends from the north coming down, do you have everything you need??? Let me know how I can help, because it looks like our sector is getting active, and I dread writing reports instead of heading over to the Officers Bar!!!

rote Flügel
10-17-2012, 17:54
not sure about friday night.. I have plans with some friends.. but saturday I will be at the con and all my gear with.. looks like we will be having some great times.. looking forward to this weekend..

Beer&pretzels
10-17-2012, 20:11
I am able to expand both games, easily take 2 more players in each scenario, stretch to take 4 more. If you have the WoW mats, bring them. Any special paint jobs might be useful. Twenty planes, with balloons, trenches and other terrain gets real crowded on two mats. Looking forward to this!

Ranger
10-17-2012, 20:22
Well, I regret to inform you all that I won't be able to make it up, even for just one day. I had such high hopes, but "real life" has conspired against me.

Beer&pretzels
10-17-2012, 20:28
Nuts. Maybe see you at Winter Wars next year.

BBSuds
10-21-2012, 20:21
Beth aka Trench Wench and I had a great weekend at Rock-Con. Great job Tim and Mike running everything on Fri. and Sat. (except for the Gotha that had a bad fuel leak,haha) and thanks Gunnar for being well supplied. Looking forward to future sorties with all of you.

rote Flügel
10-21-2012, 21:40
good times for sure.. looking forward to future games.. it was great meeting you all this weekend.