PDA

View Full Version : Site: Who all is going to GenCon this year?

Oberst Hajj
08-03-2012, 13:19
Anyone from the site going?

csadn
08-03-2012, 13:48
Anyone from the site going?

No -- but then, I went back in the mid-'90s, when (to hear most descriptions) "GenCon Was Good"; of course, I was also there to see what happened to it when We're Out To Conquer took over.... :P

BobP
08-03-2012, 15:18
Well Fall In for me in November. Gen Con is some distance I think.

Tommy Z
08-03-2012, 15:35
It's possible that I can make it over for one day. Depends on work. The Profantasy guys wanted me to work , but couldn't get away.

Misdomingo
08-21-2013, 18:02
Yes, Panther42 (Nancy) and I were at GenCon. We flew WGF planes in the Battle of St. Mihiel Salient Megagame on Saturday morning. Not as many pilots as last year, but still a sizeable group. My UFAG had the dubious distinction of being the first CP plane to be shot down (in flames), and I flew back in with Kemp's DR1 which lasted longer than the UAG but was not among the finalists in the last-captain standing event. I will try to post pictures soon.

redcoon2
08-21-2013, 20:28
Also went... just for the afternoon on Sat...did not fly but took my"Spice" to see all the revelry and costumed craziness of the LARP communities...walked the exhibit hall and enjoyed a parade but a bit pricy for one day pass for such skimpy offerings from the WoG/f&s folks. She had a blast.
Although GenCon is significantly larger in scope than Origins much prefer the breadth of opportunity to fly at Origins.

Misdomingo
08-21-2013, 20:40
I agree. I love both conventions, but GenCon often feels like you are trying to get a drink out of a fire hose -- there is so much rushing at you all the time. In contrast, Origins feels more relaxed to me. There is more space in the Origins miniatures hall where WGF and WGS are played, so you can spread out around the table and you have the ability to put more tables together for bigger battles.