PDA

View Full Version : which balloon buster set to get?

Colmanspig
03-02-2010, 11:21
the johnson/price or the de guibert ?

how do they differ?

Pseudotheist
03-02-2010, 12:19
The only differences are in color scheme of the balloons and paint jobs on the planes. That means the associated plane card will also be different, but I expect the balloon card and decals will be the same in both sets.

Colmanspig
03-02-2010, 13:19
read that the yellow one is modeled on an austian colour sheme. brown one was used by boths sides western front and green was uesed by italy.

so i have plumped for a brown one!

The Blue Baron
03-02-2010, 23:41
The only differences are in color scheme of the balloons and paint jobs on the planes. That means the associated plane card will also be different, but I expect the balloon card and decals will be the same in both sets.

I think that is right but I will check that when my two balloons have arrived. (I hope this will happen later this week.)

Scoop
03-03-2010, 03:22
The brown balloon comes with the camo-Nieuport, by the way.

sparty
03-03-2010, 05:05
I'm definitely going brown first. The yellow one is pretty eye-catching and would make a great addition to the table for demos, but I don't know if I could stand it! ;)

The Blue Baron
03-03-2010, 05:17
If I had bought only one it would have been the yellow one because it looks great!

Schwerpunkt
03-03-2010, 06:00
I actually liked the look of the brown from the pre-release pictures, but someone uplaoded some photos of theirs when they received them last week and I was put off a bit by the very dark gloss brown so opted for the yellow. At least for my first one. ;)

mosstrooper
03-03-2010, 08:50
Ordered the both from Stafford Games yesterday at 4.00 pm , they arrived this morning at 9.30am !! , excellant service !! , both balloons are superb as are the aircraft with them

Colmanspig
03-03-2010, 14:42
I have the brown one coming from stafford games should be here tomorrow!

sparty
03-03-2010, 17:53
You lucky duck....

After buying all the series 1 & 2 minis + the 3 boxed sets & 2 booster packs in February I've got to wait a bit before I can sink my teeth into one of these babies. I'm green with envy!

Schwerpunkt
03-19-2010, 09:00
Being an impatient sort, I ordered the yellow one from Germany. Of course this means the booklet is in German and my German probably isn't fully up to the task. Can someone point me at an English version?

I do have Burning Drachens so I guess the booklet isn't vital but I would like to see if there are any differences.

Thanks!

Scoop
03-19-2010, 09:14
Thanks for buying German products - come back soon ;) There are no relevant differences to the Burning Drachens rules. The page with the aces abilities might be of some interest to you, but the rest is the same.

The Blue Baron
03-19-2010, 09:32
Being an impatient sort, I ordered the yellow one from Germany. Of course this means the booklet is in German and my German probably isn't fully up to the task. Can someone point me at an English version?

I do have Burning Drachens so I guess the booklet isn't vital but I would like to see if there are any differences.

Thanks!

HERE (http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/wings-of-war/support/wow-balloon-busters-rules.pdf) you are.

Schwerpunkt
03-19-2010, 09:39
Ah thanks! Had just stumbled across that too. Looks like BD had it all covered anyway, but at least I know now I am not missing anything else.

Thanks again!