PDA

View Full Version : KotA Question for Mission 3c and in general Ground Targets

Niemandsland
07-06-2012, 03:40
I have almost finished to translate the KotA Rules into german, but now I've got some Questions.

First of all I post the Missiontext for Mission 3c:

Type: Recon
Sorties: 3
Victory Conditions: Mission Points. At the end of each sortie, calculate each side’s Mission Points. The side with the most points wins that sortie. After all sorties have been flown, the side that has the most victories wins the mission. If Attackers win, but do not recon three of the supply points, the campaign progresses to Mission 4a. If they win and recon three of the supply points, the campaign progresses to Mission 4b.
Fallback: Mission 2b
Setup: Mission should be played length wise on a 4’x6’ table. The Attackers have an 18 inch deployment zone and the Defenders have a 30 inch deployment zone. This leaves 24 inches of No-man’s Land.

• Both sides must start the sortie with their planes inside their deployments zones in a loose formation with no more then a ruler length between planes. The Defenders must start the game between altitude levels 2-4. The attackers must start the sortie between altitude levels 4-6.
• Each side has a chance for random balloons. Use the special Balloons rules.
• The defender’s side must place three random gun ground targets per sortie using the special Ground Targets rules

My question about this mission is: Where should I place the supply points for the victory conditions? Or are the random gun ground targets in the last point of the setup these supply points? Did the Attackers have to recon each of the three supply points in all the sorties, i mean there are three sorties with three supply points each so the Attackers have to recon nine supply points overall? Or did the Attackers have to recon any three supply points in the three sorties for example they recon one supply point in the first sortie, zero supply points in the second sortie and two supply points in the third sortie to fulfill the conditions to progress to mission three?

My general question about Grund Targets is: Which kind of Ground Targets did you use? I think you only use Trenches an AntiAircraft Machine Guns (A and B Damage) or did you use also AntoAircraft Guns (C Damage)? Is it right that the Groundtargets could fir at Altitude 1 and instead of 0 and 1? Could be a kind of modification?

That's it for now.

Sebastian

Flying Officer Kyte
07-06-2012, 04:33
Hi Sebastian.
When we played it we treated each sortie as seperate. Soi as you say nine targets in all.
We shuffled the deck and placed unknown targets, so you could get the village, bridge, A or B trenches, or even AA batteries.
These will be revealed as you fly within range.
The points can be anywhere as long as they are a ruler in from the edges as I recall.
We used ground fire as per the Nexus rules for firing.
Remember that if you are playing with friends and not in a league match, you can modify the rules to suit your own needs, as long as both sides agree.
Rob.