PDA

View Full Version : Solo Campaigns - where to start?

smitty_au
07-04-2012, 02:24
Now that I have Famous Aces and a few matching minatures, should I start with Knights of the Air or Over the Trenches?

Sorry if this sounds vague, but I am not sure if I can start from the beginning when I am seeing reports from other missions, or am I just confused (not hard to do.....)

Any help is appreciated :)

Sean

flash
07-04-2012, 03:11
Sean - there is a billet with the Eagles in 'Over the Trenches' that needs filling - You just have to play the missions against unknown pilots until you catch up and then you can fly against the opposition. There is nothing to stop you from just playing the missions without officially joining the campaign of course (that's how I got started) but part of the fun is writing the AAR for the other chaps !
Pop into the registration point and have a look http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?9172-Pilots-Registrations-and-Stories

Flying Officer Kyte
07-05-2012, 05:52
I would add my support to Dave's suggestion. There is a lot to be gained from joining the Over the trenches mission. It is great to have the support and feedback from chaps who are engaged in the same series of missions as yourself, and the AI planes that you fly against give you the chance to get in some practice outside the hurly burly of a fast running games night dog fight.
Thinking time is important when you are just starting out. You tend to live longer, unless you are unlucky enough to draw the "B" card. The card whose name shall not be spoken.
Rob.