PDA

View Full Version : National Campaigns

gavain2
06-30-2012, 14:23
I wonder if anyone does a campaign which is part of, either a Boche or Allied 'Push/Advance' in which your individual targets within each of your 'scenarios have a point system whereby it is important to complete a mission. For instance: a bombing of somewhere which if not carried through or unsuccesful loses X points for you or gives X points to the enemy.
Or, it may be an important recon before an advance, destroying some? balloons so they can't do any observations.

Just an idea to give some context and meaning as to why we do the missions we carry out.within the greater campaign!

Don

Boney10
07-01-2012, 11:58
In the Avon campaign, we use a points system for missions for two purposes.
1. To advance the timeline, the later dates giving access to better, newer machines.
2. To allow piilots to equip themselves with the newer machines.
I have put a quick review of the system in the campaign thread, have a look and pm me if I can offer an explanation in more detail.

gavain2
07-01-2012, 15:02
Hello Chris, I've looked in 'Files'- Campaigns under both Chris and your Boney 10 sig' but can't find your review. Oviously I'm in the wrong place where should I be?

Don aka gavain2

Burt
07-01-2012, 15:13
Hi Don its in the Forums section not the Files section, look under World War 1 Campaign Discussions
Don

Hello Chris, I've looked in 'Files'- Campaigns under both Chris and your Boney 10 sig' but can't find your review. Oviously I'm in the wrong place where should I be?

Don aka gavain2

Carl_Brisgamer
07-01-2012, 16:58
Hello Don,

Back in 2010 I ran a mini-campaign set in the time of the 'Kaiserschlacht' 1918 involving a strategic element where victory points earned were translated to advances on the ground.

Check out the thread here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?750-BrisWingsofWarCon-Kaiserschlacht-20-21-March-1918

Cheers,

Carl.

gavain2
07-02-2012, 12:50
Thanks to both of you for the info. My campaign will be playeds solo following some both sets of ifo you've given. At the moment though my game table which is 5' x 3' is taken up with a game called 'Sekigahara' which has one of the cleanest sets of clear concise rules and an absol;utely beautiful map and game play. It's a block game Briliant! 2 player alhough wwe have it as a 3 player.
So thanks chaps off now to the mess for a gin.
Don in a very wet Manchester

Boney10
07-02-2012, 14:21
Hi Don, glad you found what you were looking for in the end.
If you want a fuller set of our campaign rules/suggestions pm me your email and Ill send up the word document to you, if its of use that is.
I still have to put down the last enstallment of the campaign, real work to over this last week, which willl be tomorrow or Wednesday .

C