PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO KEEP THE CAMPAIGN MOVING?

Marechallannes
06-29-2012, 09:41
Tomorrow is 30th June.

AARs that are missing for mission 7:

Joaquim, Jan & Todd (mission flown but not posted)

Deadline 3rd June

For mission 8 so far:

Joaquim, Jan, Todd, Paul & Bob

No official deadline. 30th June was proposed.

The remaining players posted mission 8 from 30.05. - 19.06.12

So we have a few problems:

AARs - what to do with the missing ones?
Roster work - missing casualties/aerial victories Entente/Central powers for mission 7 that have maybe influence on mission 8?
Voting - when to vote for mission 7 & 8? What are the consequences for voting if we skip missions?
Time - deadlines? time for each mission?
Missons - when to start with Rob's mission number 9?
Balancing - we got a sixth Entente player now vs. four Central Power players

My personal thoughts are:

I could keep the Bulldog's roster updated, but to go on I need to know, which player skips or want to skip a mission or play it many days later vs. unknown pilots. Think it's the same for Jan's complete roster. I want to keep the roster alive and fly versus pilots with names. But: What happened to a pilot if he dies in a skipped mission 8 and we're actual in mission 10?:confused: Won't it make sense, that a skipped mission can't be solved with campaign pilots?

What are the consequences for voting if we skip missions? I like the personal feedback for the AARs and won't miss it.

For missions and deadlines I think 2 - 3 weeks are ok. It's true that the missions get more and more bigger and complicated. Maybe we have to reduce the complexity a little bit. But a deadline is a deadline.:hmm:

Don't want to pressure anybody but I want to see/know the next days, what challenges Rob's mission will bring us. So what to do?

Think I got a solution for the unbalanced pilot/power situation at the moment. I first thougt about changing sides (...don't hurt me Bulldogs :smack:), but the better idea is, to boost the Eagles with a "Reservestaffel" of 16 AI controlled pilots. When another player joined the Eagles we could reduce the "Reservestaffel" for 8 or 16 pilots. That grows the chances for the player's Eagles pilots to survive.

How do we want to progress? Will there be a split up? Finishing the campaign with mission 10?

Thought guys?

Nightbomber
06-29-2012, 10:00
The problem really exists. I want to continue the campaign too. It was and it is a great project.
1. What about "delayed" participants? I'd like them to state clearly what are their plans. We all feel time pressure and daily routines sometimes hinder our gaming activity.
2. I strongly recommend we fly easier/shorter missions.
3. Changing sides by Sven...no, you are so lucky Bulldog Pilot!

C'mon chaps, report for duty!

tikkifriend
06-30-2012, 03:01
I was about to upload my report for mission 8 last night but the usb key I had it on failed and I lost the lot, pics and report :cry: So all I can do is give you the result of the mission which was from memory loss of a DH4 fully loaded with bombs flown by Stanhope and Crawford due to an explosion from ground fire, and a kill for rear gunner Tavey. I hit the airfield but had no bombs for the hangers:hmm:

As for the campaign whatever it takes to keep it going is my philosophy. People will always have commitments over the year, and the Summer is a busy time for families so we could either postpone for a couple of months or have a "son of OTT" with one off scenarios suggested by anyone who wants to contribute against imaginary Jastas, Sqds but not counting kills towards ace ability for pc characters if you choose to fly them. You can do an AAr if you wish or if you have time.

Its only a suggestion open to others:thumbsup:
Paul

toddwf
06-30-2012, 03:14
I think the only way to keep it moving is to follow "the deadline is a deadline" way of thinking. If you don't get your AAR posted before the original deadline, then the mission is skipped for you (even if you completed the mission, but could not get the AAR posted). I know that seems harsh, and will obviously affect me (as I have had delay after delay), but I think that is the only way to keep things moving.

My latest excuse is that we lost power from 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm yesterday after a nasty thunderstorm rolled through. So, I couldn't work on my AAR for mission 7. I am currently working on it, and hope to get it posted this morning. I have mission 8 set up on the table, but need to know the status of Flying Officer Charles 'Chuck' Spellman, who was shot down in mission 7. I guess I could go ahead and run it with an anonymous pilot, and then add the name later.

Todd

Nightbomber
06-30-2012, 03:22
I agree with both of you chaps. We must stick to deadlines or missions will be lost for delayed ones.
Some longer terms for putting AARs is also useful.
And let's keep missions a bit simpler and shorter:)

steel_ratt
06-30-2012, 20:51
I wouldn't be too concerned for the moment about the imbalance created by the introduction of the Canucks. I will be playing catch-up for a while, flying against unknown pilots and generally not affecting the campaign. I'll be slowed down a little by the necessity for crafting additional components for various missions. (I am creating bases now, and it looks like I might need a Rumpler and a Sopwith Tripe for the next mission!)

My 2 cents.

Jon

Marechallannes
07-01-2012, 04:56
Really no problem with your Canadians, Jon. You are more than welcome.:salute:

We only need a solution to keep a balance between the Bulldogs & the Eagles.

A proposal for the Reservestaffel:

Hptm. Lothar Zachmeier
ObLt. Hans Wiencke
Lt. Carsten Rückert
Lt. Norman Stegner
Lt. Waldemar Wetzel
Lt. Alexander Seitz
Lt. Uwe Schmidt
Lt. Bernhard Siebenhaar
Lt. Norbert Hofmann
Lt. Siegfried Wild
Lt. Thomas Gösswein
Lt. Wilhelm Appis
HFw. Rene Jannke
Fw. Heinz Weidt
Fw. Hartmut Klier
Fw. Jürgen Kleins

steel_ratt
07-01-2012, 06:41
A better solution would be to recruit a new Central Powers player so that we can snipe at each other's NPC as we work through the backlog of scenarios!! ;) Failing that, the reserve will work well enough.

Watchdog
07-01-2012, 13:09
I agree with keeping the deadlines, with the possibility to postpone it a few days if someone has flown the mission but is unable to upload the AAR for some reason.

However, I shall definitely skip missions 7 and 8. If ever, I am going to fly them later, against unknown pilots (maybe even with unknown pilots), outside the campaign results. Sometimes I hate my job and its time demands. :(

Flying Officer Kyte
07-03-2012, 02:48
I agree with keeping the deadlines, with the possibility to postpone it a few days if someone has flown the mission but is unable to upload the AAR for some reason.

However, I shall definitely skip missions 7 and 8. If ever, I am going to fly them later, against unknown pilots (maybe even with unknown pilots), outside the campaign results. Sometimes I hate my job and its time demands. :(

When would you all like me to unveil Scenario 9?
Rob.

Marechallannes
07-03-2012, 04:03
No feedback from Dave & Joaquim at the moment...:confused:

It's July Rob.

Please post it.:serious:

Time to bring the Bulldogs & Eagles back to the front!

tikkifriend
07-03-2012, 12:47
Im happy for you to role out the mission Rob ASAP
Paul

flash
07-04-2012, 03:43
Smitty_au aka Sean is looking at solo gaming - I've suggested there is a billet with the Eagles if he wants to join us as we are Entente heavy.

Some Feedback: As time goes on I can see this will become more unwieldy and maybe we need to "step" the game-play. What I mean by that is, if it is possible, to get the newer recruits grouped together, synched up & to game eachother so they can fight eachothers pilots as they play through the scenarios. That will alleviate pressure for them to catch up & allow for the first group to crack on. We can still communicate & review all AARs as we do and the next group can all take a turn to create future missions for us. It's an idea but I'm not sure anyone would go for it or if it's even possible ?
The most important thing is we are creating a resource of solo missions / campaign for people to use & that's a good thing :thumbsup:

Watchdog
07-04-2012, 04:00
You should get some more players for Kaisers Adler, since they are now short of one more player - me. I cannot keep up with the demands of the missions. I am already two missions behind and I cannot imagine flying mission 9 any time soon. I simply cannot spare so much time as it would take me a whole day to fly, given the enormous number of airplanes involved.

I am withdrawing my men from the front, the trainees from the Austro-Hungarian K. u. K. Luftfahrtruppen are transferring back to the Italian front and shall return to Flik 23D and Flik 61J.

Have fun with the campaign and thanks for all the entertainment.

Marechallannes
07-04-2012, 05:13
Sad news...:(

Flying Officer Kyte
07-04-2012, 06:52
You should get some more players for Kaisers Adler, since they are now short of one more player - me. I cannot keep up with the demands of the missions. I am already two missions behind and I cannot imagine flying mission 9 any time soon. I simply cannot spare so much time as it would take me a whole day to fly, given the enormous number of airplanes involved.

I am withdrawing my men from the front, the trainees from the Austro-Hungarian K. u. K. Luftfahrtruppen are transferring back to the Italian front and shall return to Flik 23D and Flik 61J.

Have fun with the campaign and thanks for all the entertainment.

Jan.
Please have a look at my reply to your posting on my Mission nine brief before you take this step.
When we started this, I only joined myself on the understanding that we could skip missions if we got too busy. I expected to be fighting re-enactment battles most weekends during the summer and that takes great chunks out of your week, with loading trailers, unloading wet tents and cleaning kit for the next weekend. It just happens that with the awful summer we are having, lots of sponsors have cancelled events, and given me more time to do the game. Otherwise I would be like you.
No one ever meant this FUN game to get to be a burden. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we would prefer your occasional participation than to not have your company and valuable input at all.
After all even the Red Baron had to go on leave sometimes.
Rob.