PDA

View Full Version : New B25 Mitchell

Phantomm
05-30-2012, 05:24
This may be a silly question but does anyone know if the plane cards and maneuvore decks are to be sold seperately from the models?

I already have a couple of 1/144 B25s from F-Toys and given the rest of my models are 1/144 I don't really want to buy the 1/200 bomber models.
Thanks

Carl_Brisgamer
05-30-2012, 05:46
Lawrie,

Sorry, but Ares Games has indicated they won't be selling just card sets, only miniatures. Once the bombers are out you may be able to get hold of a scanned copy of the manouver decks, I'll be copying mine to use for other aircraft.

Cheers,

Carl.

Rabbit 3
05-30-2012, 11:57
Once we know for sure how bombers are intended to work and we have the stats available in the WWII rules I think you can safely predict that some of us will be doing custom cards for other versions of the stock planes.
B-25H or J anyone?
Getting spare maneuver decks may be a problem however unless Ares is willing to make various game components available seperately.

One thing about WWII bombers though,
They did spend a lot of time maintaining close formation, particularly in daylight.
So you might get away with just using a couple of decks, one for the lead aircraft and one for use with any plane thats unfortunate enough to drop out of formation.
All the other planes just maintain a set distance from the next one in the formation.

Phantomm
05-31-2012, 03:30
Thanks guys. I guess it's scanned copies of the deck. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just gone with the 1/200 models rather than buying my 1/144 models from all matter of places like HK, Melbourne, New York, minfigs and ebay. It would have been a lot easier and I wouldn't have to repaint everything.

Lloydthegamer
06-15-2012, 21:27
Ah, but where is the fun in going 1/200th and forgoing all that global hunting/gathering of models and painting joy in 1/144? Cheers, Lloyd

Kugelblitz
06-16-2012, 07:52
A-26 deck is all really long straight cards... That is one fast medium bomber. :p