PDA

View Full Version : New Ares Bomber Trays: Gotha and Caprioni

Canuck
05-21-2012, 05:59
I know that this discussion has happened in bits and starts in other threads. But now that the new Gotha and Caprioni bombers have been released by Ares, perhaps it could continue here.

I am looking to store my balloons and bombers in a separate bag- as suggested by Keith - so I don't have to take them if they're not needed.

Keith has already said that he intends to have new trays made for the Ares bomber (correct me here Keith if I am wrong) once he gets some bomber minis and measures them up to spec. Now that he has some new bomber
minis ...

Keith, any new thoughts as to times lines, suppliers, specs and such to help those of us who are news obsessed for info on new products?

Oberst Hajj
05-21-2012, 06:22
The Gotha trays have been out for a while now (based off of Skytrex models) and the Ares minis fit just fine. As you might know from another thread, my supplier for the foam trays has gone bad. So, as of yet I do not have a tray designed or tested for the Caproni. I also do not know when either of those two trays will be available for sale again :(

As for the balloon/bomber bag part of the question, the smaller Recon bag works very well. In my Recon bag I currently have 1 balloon tray (holds two balloons), 2 Gotha trays (4 bombers), 1 self built tray for the Caproni (2 bombers) and finally 1 tray of custom painted scouts.

It also works really well for the WWII line of minis right now. I use navy blue for WWI and Charcoal Grey for WWII. Makes it super easy to grab the right bag for game night.

Coog
07-17-2012, 09:26
Any news on a new supplier for trays?

Oberst Hajj
07-17-2012, 13:29
Not as of yet :(

Hunter
07-17-2012, 17:25
Bummer. :cry: I need some more trays beside what I just ordered.

KiltedWolf
07-25-2012, 10:53
I had Romeo, over at Battle Foam (BF), create trays for my planes; these trays are on the website under boardgames. The BF trays do fit the Aerodrome bags, and now I get series 1-5, WW2 series 1-2, all four bombers, two ballons, and extras into one bag.

I am sure it wouldn't be difficult to create the bomber foam, and as I am going to see him this weekend, I could take mine and work up a prototype with him.

Keith, if you like I can put you in touch with him.

Cheers!

Oberst Hajj
07-26-2012, 10:01
James, sending you a PM.