PDA

View Full Version : California Hit the Beach 2012 HMGS/PSWs summer one day event will have all day Wing of War

vonkluge
05-17-2012, 21:56
June 30th 2012, historical Miniatures Gaming Society will have a one day gaming event featuring a large range of games including all day Wings of War scenarios featuring custum balloons, bombers, a battle royal, and more. Beautiful custom game mat. Bring your planes or fly some of ours!

More info at www.HMGSPSW.org (http://www.HMGSPSW.org) click the convention tab!

See you there!

Bill W

Flying Officer Kyte
05-17-2012, 23:59
Hi Bill, and welcome to the Drome from all the pilots on this side of the pond here in Dear old Blighty.
Rob.

Fabric Flyer
05-28-2012, 06:37
Hello vonkluge, Welcome, from a fellow new-comer and Californian!:pint:
I live in Oceanside, You?

Fabric Flyer:pint:

Willi Von Klugermann
05-28-2012, 07:07
Welcome aboard Bill.

vonkluge
06-02-2012, 13:51
Hi I live just north of Los Angeles, Valencia area.

bill

Hello vonkluge, Welcome, from a fellow new-comer and Californian!:pint:
I live in Oceanside, You?

Fabric Flyer
06-02-2012, 16:41
Hi, Thats great, I'm going to try to make the HMGS, maybe I'll see ya!:pint:

DJensen
06-04-2012, 12:58
Unfortunately I can't make HMGS on 6/30. I live in Los Angeles, does any one know of other upcoming games in the So Cal area?

Fabric Flyer
06-04-2012, 13:02
Hi DJensen, Sorry to hear you can't make it and no I don't know of any others. Just heard of this one.:pint:

vonkluge
06-04-2012, 13:06
Unfortunately I can't make HMGS on 6/30. I live in Los Angeles, does any one know of other upcoming games in the So Cal area?

Checking http://www.hmgspsw.org is a good start to see whats going on in the Los Angeles/Orange county area, in fact since we cover the three state area of California, Nevada, and Arizona you can find things listed in all those areas. Lots of links to local clubs and events. We are going to have our Fall/Winter con in November sure to be some WOW/WOG there as well.

Bill W

Historical Miniatures Gaming Society Pacific South West (HMGS/PSW)

DJensen
06-06-2012, 16:58
Thanks Bill. I didn't think the folks in HMGs were into WOG.

vonkluge
06-06-2012, 17:49
Thanks Bill. I didn't think the folks in HMGs were into WOG.

You would be quite surprised to see what our members are into, everything miniatures! People think because of the name its just Historical and we are a groups of "stuffy" gamers hardly the case. One of the biggest clubs with in our organization is a group called "Dogs of War" from the San Fernando valley and at the last convention they did a Pirate game with over 13 28mm ships, hundreds of minis and all the members were full on dressed as Pirates! Like I said check out our website and go back into the archived past articles and post. At our cons you will see mostly Historical games but, Battle mechs, Starship Troopers, Victorian Sc Fi, and even Warhammer have been played many times!

HMGS/PSW invested in Wing of War as our convention game run to introduce people to historical miniature gaming! It's run as that almost every event we do!

Yours in Gaming,

Bill Witthans

Mveeder
06-06-2012, 18:02
I've been an HMGS member for years. I love the game but I discovered it very late. I think many traditional gamers said things like, "its a card game?" "pre-painted?" "sounds like its Games Workshop" "No fifty page rule book?". Many traditional wargamers are . . . narrow minded at times (I should know, I'm one). I have converted the Albany area in the last six months (some of these guys are still using Scruby Napoleonics from the early seventies). I was a fool not to give the game a chance sooner and I will be hosting WOW/WOG games at local, regional and HMGS convetions.

I will convert them all!!!!!!

I'm working on combinig a 28mm WWI East Africa scenario with a series of WOW actions for a mini campaign at a convention: Can the German Zeplin reach the Kaisers Marines in time or will the British and Belgians force the Zeplin back and over run the runway?