Ares Games

Solo Bomber run - DH.4 (AI) Vs DR.1 (Human)

Aiming to provide a 'How to' guide for solo players when heading for targets/objectives.

House Rules have been applied.
  1. Just put this one in for fun ;)
  2. They turn and head for home, to enjoy a pint of ale with the rest of their flight.
  3. Leckie likes the explosions, and takes a snap for his album back at the mess...
  4. I made this bit up tbh. I allocated 2 A damages instead of 3 for the 3 bombs, taking the total up to 10 (which is what I had in mind for the building...
  5. Just shy of centre, but the triple explosion makes up for it!!!
  6. Going back for second helpings! The DH.4 crew ready a trio of  bombs this time...
  7. Caption
  8. She takes a wide left arc, references clock dial and gets overriden once more...
  9. Complete Command Override is now given, as I have lost my DR.1 in a shameful way. No other planes on the table...
  10. The DH.4 now comes within range of the objective. "That Ammo Factory is still standing" cries Leckie...
  11. The markings on the DR.1 are not that of MvR... much to the disappointment of Cadbury & Leckie...
  12. The markings on the DR.1 are not that of MvR... much to the disappointment of Cadbury & Leckie...
  13. Fire damage inflicted - Last counter removed. The German pilot has now been completely consumed by flames, and the DR.1 begins to deteriorate into a...
  14. Fire damage inflicted - 1 more counter removed. Pilot has now suffered 2nd degree burns to his legs...
  15. Plagued with flame and intense heat, he tries frantically to put out the fire...
  16. The relentless Cadbury knows not to let up on a DR.1! He lets rip on his machine gun...
  17. Fire damage inflicted - 1 counter removed.
  18. Flamin hell! The pilot was obviously not the 'real' Red Baron...
  19. By the end of the turn, they catch the DR.1 by surprise (something I really wasn't expecting!)
  20. After releasing the first bomb, Cadbury & Leckie plot their new course (using the clock template).
  21. They eyeball each other...
  22. DR.1 pulls away, knowing the DH.4 will attempt another pass...
  23. IT'S AWAY! Cadbury & Leckie focus attention downwards to see if the bomb connects. The DR.1 distracts them enough to only dish out some superficial...
  24. The vicious DR.1 pilot dishes out some rudder damage!
  25. Bomb made ready! Close but no cigar for 'Leckie' who tries to take a pop at the 'would be' Baron.
  26. Within 1 and 1/2 ruler distance of bombing target, I issue a 'Command Overide' to help plot the bombing run...
  27. The dance begins...
  28. A Fokker DR.1 has spotted him! The pilot is an impersonator of Von Richthofen.
  29. Mission start; DH.4 plots a course for Central Powers Ammo Factory. 
Using Richard Bradleys Solo rules.
Showing photos 1 to 29 of 29