Ares Games

[WGS comics] THE OLD TIGER

Three minutes of an aerial fight lost in advance... A tiny detail during World War II... This is nothing more than a short but intense engagement between a Hungarian Me 210 Ca-1 fast bomber and nine Soviet Yak-9 fighters. This is not an adventure novel, but the true story of the author's grandfather, the one who gave him the desire to draw. A story based on the diary of captivity kept by this airman after the war. It is also the story of a plane already forgotten, produced in only a few copies.

Personal opinion : This story has several interests.
To discover a little-known front: the Russian offensive against Hungary, which had chosen the Nazi camp, just like Romania.
The book features the Messerschmitt Me.210 CA-1, a version improved by the Hungarians of the Me.210 which suffered from numerous technical problems (later replaced by the Me.410 in the German air force).
This story relates the mission in which the author's grandfather took part, which he reconstructed thanks to his grandfather's personal diary and detailed documentation.
The intensity of the bombing is well rendered thanks to the framing and the realism of the drawing that plunges us into the heart of the action.
However, the descriptive and technical aspects dominate this story and do not allow us to discover the protagonists and their personal motivations.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?35659-WGSF-THE-OLD-TIGER
  1. 299905DE 2812 4E2E 81A7 C5D672CB3546
  2. 60F62BE2 0142 4699 B6F2 EA909341D455
Showing photos 1 to 9 of 9