Ares Games

Royal Aircraft Factory RE7

The three models in these photos were designed by Daryl otherwise known as ReducedAirFact here on the Drome. They were produced by Sculpteo, based in France and I used this firm, instead of Shapeways, as I wanted to follow up Daryl's suggestion for using HP grey Multijet Fusion Printing for larger models and because there was also the hint that preparation for painting might not be needed on quite the same scale as for Shapeways models. I've shown a couple of pre painted models as well as the finished articles. Painting was definitely easier and the models were really good. However, a bit on the expensive side when post, packaging and French taxes are added.
As for the aircraft itself, Daryl has modelled this one on a D Napier & Son built aircraft as opposed to those produced by the Austin Motor Co.Ltd., and The Coventry Ordnance Works Ltd., both of which look rather different because of the engines. The Napier RE7 also looks very much like the RE5 bar the undercarriage. The serial numbers and painting were based on information taken from Windsock Datafile 62 By J M Bruce
  1. DYM8 33
  2. DYM8 9
  3. DYM8 8
  4. DYM8 7
  5. DYM8 6
  6. DYM8 5
  7. DYM8 4
  8. DYM8 3
  9. DYM8 2
  10. RE7 2
  11. RE7 1
Showing photos 1 to 11 of 11