Ares Games

Thread: Zero add

Default Zero add

To make the game interesting give all Zeros no restrictions on maneuvers. That means that they can do Immelmann's and with out the straight before or after can do two steep maneuvers in a row with no penalty.
    Also if a Zero gets the smoke, fire, engine damage it is on fire and takes 2 yellow damage tokens instead of 1. The fire does not go out but remains until the plane flies off the mat or crashes.

Tell me if your for it or against it.

Tom

Yes I will go along with that is is a lot better than our house rule that if a Zero (and Oscar) get a flame counter they blow up. Speaking of which would you apply these rules to an Oscar?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Yes I will go along with that is is a lot better than our house rule that if a Zero (and Oscar) get a flame counter they blow up. Speaking of which would you apply these rules to an Oscar?
    I know they didn't have self-sealing fuel tanks, but were they as agile as a Zero? If so then yes.

Tom!

I always give the Zero an Ace pilot ratting! The plane has all the breaks it needs! I like the fire if any mechanical damage done addition! The standard pulling of a yellow damage chip each turn will encourage discretion in smart Zero pilots!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Tom!

I always give the Zero an Ace pilot ratting! The plane has all the breaks it needs! I like the fire if any mechanical damage done addition! The standard pulling of a yellow damage chip each turn will encourage discretion in smart Zero pilots!

Rich
    What is this ratting?

Tom!

Another home cooked rule! All firing is aimed, no firing blocks except overlapping and touching basses and tailing with this adjustment. The Ace player may tail a plane not pin to pin but anywhere on card!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Tom!

Another home cooked rule! All firing is aimed, no firing blocks except overlapping and touching basses and tailing with this adjustment. The Ace player may tail a plane not pin to pin but anywhere on card!

Rich
    That's also an idea to play with.

In our group we give the Zero two free 90 degree turns per scenario.

Users Country Flag

Name
    michael
    Sorties Flown

Make a Zero unlimited in maneuverability don't think so. What about a Spitfire or a 109 then. I love the Zero it's a great plane but not that great. Its advantages in maneuverability and climb rate were gained at the expence of structural integrity self sealing fuel tanks and armour protection.
    mik the stick