Ares Games
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revised Deluxe Edition

Default Revised Deluxe Edition

Looks like we will be getting a new revised Deluxe Edition some time this year. It is supposed to have "four exclusive models" and everything needed to start to playing.

UPDATE:

I guess these are going to be repaints. Andrea has posted that he would like to include Frank Luke's SPAD XIII, another Red Baron Dr.I, Roy Brown's Camel, and Paul Baumer's Albatros.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails luckspad.jpg  

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andre
    Sorties Flown

Do you know if this is for both eras or just one of the WW?

Andre

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

Balloons, Bombers and a new de-luxe set. Looks like I'm going to have to get a job to pay for all this

Does anyone know if it will have an english language version?

I'm pretty sure it will this time... I think they learned their lesson with the first one and the WWII one has sold really well here in the US.

That's great news! Anything to get the game back on people's minds by being on shelves is a great thing. I'll be interested to find out what exclusive models come with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Looks like we will be getting a new revised Deluxe Edition some time this year.
    So, 2012...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    So, 2012...
    Clearly not an optimist then

I wonder if Nexus can handle all this. The new stuff gets delayed and they tell there is more and more and more to come. I would appreciate a Set with repaints without being a fully equipped Deluxe-Set. Why should I buy another one of this? On the other hand, if the old Deluxe-Set is unavailable this would be quite a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I wonder if Nexus can handle all this. The new stuff gets delayed and they tell there is more and more and more to come. I would appreciate a Set with repaints without being a fully equipped Deluxe-Set. Why should I buy another one of this? On the other hand, if the old Deluxe-Set is unavailable this would be quite a good idea.
    I believe that is the case....at least in the U.S.

Dang...there goes my gaming budget again...ok kids we are having Ramen Noodles tonight....and every night for the next few weeks.

I would appreciate a Set with repaints without being a fully equipped Deluxe-Set.
    You said it! Buying a bundle of these planes, even in a limited quantity would be great.

Why should I buy another one of this? On the other hand, if the old Deluxe-Set is unavailable this would be quite a good idea.
    The Deluxe set is only available in the US from imaginaire, as far as I can tell. I just paid $25 for the Richthofen mini because it's out of stock pretty much everywhere on the planet and the ebay auctions for it are going for around $20 bucks + shipping anyway.

Honestly, I'd love to see a reprint of the entire Series 1 lineup and sold in a smaller 2 plane bundles. So instead of $12 bucks for 1 plane maybe $20 bucks for 2 planes. Imagine how well a Rickenbacker + Richthofen or a Richthofen + Udet bundle would sell just to WW1 model enthusiasts alone.

And those of us who want to concentrate on particular nations could get big discounts on a 12 aircraft set without forking out for types that our chosen nation didn't fly.

How about an RFC set of two camels, 2Re8, a Dh4, 2Dh2s, 2 Snipe, an FE2b and a pair of Biffs?

If the planes in the new Deluxe Set are "only" repaints, it's fine for me. The current assortment of planes is very comprehensive so I can't think up many new planes as models. And there are coming series 4 and 5, so repaints really are satisfying and pleasant add.

If they are repaints, I'll probably by a set and sell of the damage cards and such... I have plenty of those already.

The other option is to go in on a set with someone who wants the central powers or the entente powers planes. Split the cost and you end up with the dupes of the stuff you wanted.

Important update added to the first post.

Good. I'll enjoy th planes, and would certainly use additional damage decks as well.

Nice choice of planes. Esp Luke's plane would be great!

Nice and tempting to buy another set.

Indeed, nice choises of planes. I think Lothar's Dreidecker could have been more interesting than the old red one... but still, the new set sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    I think Lothar's Dreidecker could have been more interesting than the old red one...
    Agreed! But since it will be the starting set for new players it makes absolute sense to put really famous pilots in the set. And no WW1 pilot is as famous as the Red Baron...

That's true, but I did not found anythink about Paul Baumer: who was he? I really like his Albatross pictured above!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    And no WW1 pilot is as famous as the Red Baron...
    Except the Blue Baron!!

Except the Blue Baron!!
    Hmm... Except the Blue Baron... And Snoopy!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/snoopyflyingacexbla/

(Check out the drachen near the end!)

$20 for a red triplane! I need to get my paints out, might manage to get a balloon after all

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Wink

If I manage to get hold of one of those it is bought!

Smile

Hi,

Has there been any thought of doing one of Raben's Jasta 18 planes? Either the DR1 or the DVII would be great.

Bill

this is great news hopefully I'll get a copy of this new deluxe set.

Since I missed out on the other version.

cheers
    Greywolf

I'll definitely be getting this sucker. Having the Frank Luke paint job without having to do it myself will be awesome.

Wink

Except the Blue Baron!!
    Yeeeeaaauuuh!

***in the distance*** -Curses! Foiled Again!

Thumbs up

I'm really excited about Frank Luke's SPAD!!

I know the USAS did not participate until the very later part of the war, but there were many americans flying for other nations and I would like to see more of them as well.

As for the new SPAD paint job I can hardly wait to fly my own "Balloon Buster" on the table! If I can do as well as Frank Luke those balloons are toast!!

To miss quote that old western movie cliche about badges,
    "Rockets! I don't need no stinking rockets"

Volant Gun

Can't go wrong with The Treasure of Sierra Madre references!

Another cool thing about this deluxe edition will be the infusion of new players it'll likely bring.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty weary of playing every wargame as a function of World War II and, in particular, the European Theater of WWII...

WWI is far more interesting politically because of the much richer set of circumstances and family ties throughout the Europe that preceded the conflict. Truly interesting stuff.

You can always tell the folks who "get" WWI from those who don't by asking them who started WWI. If you get a straight and definitive answer...you can pretty much discount anything they have to say after that point.

I have some seriously high hopes for the set.

Nice I'll have to pick this up, hopefully this & Flight of Giants doesn't get delayed

It seemed, from Keith's interview, that everything was pretty much behind schedule given the date of the interview and the way product releases were mentioned...the question will be how far are they delayed. There's quite a bit of product between the DoW and WoW lines to get released!

I would not expect the new Deluxe Edition to be subject to the same production delays. After all, the only thing new here is the paint being put on the miniatures and most likely the box cover art. I think the rule books would be the same as the down-loadable one on the sites.

I'm sure I'll pick this up for the new paint jobs and sell off the damage cards and such.

Col. Hajj,

PM sent regarding excess Damage Cards.

Yeah no kidding. I'm really pursuing an alternative to the damage decks because I'd prefer not having to track down extra decks to accommodate larger games. It's part of the reason I have both FA & WYB.

Any updates on the release date?

That's most annoying!
    One good thing of being in the country the game comes from is that I get the updates sooner (as DoW Serie 2), but even here nobody know anything until the product is on the shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Volant Gun:
    I know the USAS did not participate until the very later part of the war, but there were many Americans flying for other nations and I would like to see more of them as well.
    There is the Lufberry/Thenault Nieuport from Escadrille "Lafayette", and Dom's Decals do a sheet so you can have the entire squadron if you like (Lovell, Haviland, Thaw etc). You could also use this sheet for SPAD VIIs and XIIIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj:
    I think the rule books would be the same as the down-loadable one on the sites.
    I'm not so sure, I think Andrea said they would include the ground interaction rules from Burning Drachens (I don't think they'll have the balloon rules however, with Balloon Busters being released), and I'd expect that those would also add the bombing rules he posted that only appeared in the non-English versions of the Deluxe Set.
    Last edited by Oberst Hajj; 06-16-2010 at 23:06.

There is also a Lafayette Ni.16 (French Escadrille, US pilots) in one of the two Balloon Busters set.

The rulebook is the downloadable Miniatures one, plus scenarios and a few scenario rules (like bombing).

For those who wondered, the Red Baron's Dr.I is 127/17. That plane had several repaints during its life: it will be something close to this down there, but with all the underside pale blue (not red).

Default Available seperate

Beautiful work Andrea - will these repaints be available as seperate models as before or are they only available with the Deluxe set ?

Regards Dave

"He is wise who watches"

Only in the Deluxe set. As for ww2, where the set has different paint schemes than Series 1.

Thanks for clarifying that Andrea - Really looking forward to all the new releases!

Regards Dave

"He is wise who watches"

There is the Lufberry/Thenault Nieuport from Escadrille "Lafayette", and Dom's Decals do a sheet so you can have the entire squadron if you like (Lovell, Haviland, Thaw etc). You could also use this sheet for SPAD VIIs and XIIIs.

Unfortunately, Dominic has been having printer problems and he told me he doesn't anticipate doing any WWI decals until August.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Only in the Deluxe set. As for ww2, where the set has different paint schemes than Series 1.
    Still, I have to protest: I myself own a Deluxe Set already (the very one you signed in Lucca).
    Do I have to buy another one to get Dr.I 127/17?

I am not in charge of commercial decisions. I considered to make a Series Ibis, the 4 repaints sold individually. But the decision of the publisher is different, sorry. I don't know if it will change sooner or later.

It's the pokemon syndrome all over again...

Ask yourself "Do I want them all?"*

*The answer's yes.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW1 deluxe set
    By ff151 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 04:55
  2. WWII Deluxe Rules
    By John B in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:18