Ares Games
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "Series 5" Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Interesting discussion. I think I'll run with getting a couple of each in when Series 5 reaches Blighty, and seeing how it goes from there. Definitely not wading in with bulk orders this time, but I guess it's not time to completely give up yet either....
    Would you be taking in any pre orders or we wait and scrabble ?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Would you be taking in any pre orders or we wait and scrabble ?
    More than happy to take pre-orders (as I'd imagine most retailers would be) although I don't do taking the money up front; never been a practise that I'm comfortable with, as a buyer or a seller. Just drop me an email with what you're after and I'll make sure I add it to my first order.

I'll always support a local supplier rather than order from overseas unless there is absolutely no other choice.

So Dom, I'll be up for some Brits from the new series and a couple of Huns too.

We've seen which four models are in the new release, but is there info anywhere about any specifics beyond that? Plane/pilot/nation etc for those flown by more than one country?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromoi View Post
    ...We've seen which four models are in the new release, but is there info anywhere about any specifics beyond that? Plane/pilot/nation etc for those flown by more than one country?
    There's four articles describing the backgrounds of the pilots at the Ares website here.

There's also a gallery showing all the paint schemes here.
    Last edited by tuladin; 08-02-2012 at 00:28.

Excellent Larry, thanks. Very helpful.

Dom, if you're planning on pre-ordering, then I'll probably go for nearly one of everything. If you need specifics I'll think further on it and be specific.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Just drop me an email please; I'm sure we don't need this turning into a "Dom pimping for trade" thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Just drop me an email please; I'm sure we don't need this turning into a "Dom pimping for trade" thread....
    If it comes to it Dom, I asked the question not you asking for trade.
    Besides you have always played straight with us so I certainly got no issues ordering from you.
    email just being sent.

Default Series 5 on the way!!!!

I just received an email from 12-7 Games - my Series 5 order has been completed with USPS tracking number!

I paid priority mail, the package should arrive in Australia in 6-10 days - Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    I just received an email from 12-7 Games - my Series 5 order has been completed with USPS tracking number!

I paid priority mail, the package should arrive in Australia in 6-10 days - Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Likewise!Hats off to 12-7

Rob.

WOOT Still no email from 12-7 for me but it must be in the works :-) I was nervous with them closing for a week and maybe having to wait an extra week after release to get the set in.
    more planes more planes more planes muahahahahahahaha

got my email minutes after i posted And with 12-7 quick ship time to me should be flying in no time. Now the race is on to see who will be in the air first with series 5
    Last edited by Raege; 08-03-2012 at 14:59.

Got my email from them at 0937 this morning.

Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering the minis WITH the new rules set, I think I will be waiting a bit, but no matter, they will arrive in the nick of time! Nick Danger, 3rd Eye. Not to mention I have a pre-order with my LGS too! We'll see who gets here first. Clipper making room, who needs a living room?

I notice on Ares' site the "Rules and Accessory pack" does not have a release date on it-- just "August". Are people receiving the rule pack and planes in their pre-orders? Sorry if this has already been covered.

Ares always just list the target month. If you pre-ordered the planes and the new rules pack from the site sponsor, 12-7 Games, you will get them both when the rules come out. If you made them in separate orders, you will get them as they each come out.

Just ordered Series 5 and can't wait until MONDAY for them to be sent. Will not get to see them until Monday the 13th because I going away unti then. Waited this long so just a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Handley View Post
    I notice on Ares' site the "Rules and Accessory pack" does not have a release date on it-- just "August". Are people receiving the rule pack and planes in their pre-orders? Sorry if this has already been covered.
    I originally ordered the WW1 rules pack with series 5, but on the advice of 12-7 dropped it from the order when it was advised it would be delayed. I am getting the rules pack with the WW2 bomber fleet.

What precisely is in the "Rules Pack" ?

No e-mail yet from 12-7, but I ordered late in the cycle, waiting to see if Alliance repeated what was done with WGS series 3. And they did
    I figure I'm down on 12-7's queue, but I can wait.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Willi Von Klugermann View Post
    What precisely is in the "Rules Pack" ?

There's a tread on it in this section.

Thumbs up

Yep I got my Email this morning & I have another 2 Series 5 on order with the Rules Pack so 2 Aircraft on the way & 2 more to come hopefully later in August!

My order - including WGS stuff - is on its way. I should have some repaint fodder for the comp.

Also got my e-mail, just bit closer than they were this time last year

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Email? Email? I didn't get no stinkin' email! I ordered in April from 12-7 Games. I'm tired of waitin'.

Re the rules pack and timing of availability...Ares has a news blurb indicating they will be at GenCon 2012 (Indianapolis, Indiana) August 16-19 and will have rules packs available, matching their planned release date....assume from this that Monday August 20th is most probable. Blurb also indicates they are putting on an event each day (at about 7pm) and anyone participating gets to keep the airplane pack they provide for use in the event. Means I'm going over on Thursday for the opening event. Hope to see a number of you there! By the by...since delivery of series 5 is on the verge of becoming moot...where is the new string for "Where is series 6?"!...and what's in the pipeline for series 7?

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    Re the rules pack and timing of availability...Ares has a news blurb indicating they will be at GenCon 2012 (Indianapolis, Indiana) August 16-19 and will have rules packs available, matching their planned release date....assume from this that Monday August 20th is most probable. Blurb also indicates they are putting on an event each day (at about 7pm) and anyone participating gets to keep the airplane pack they provide for use in the event. Means I'm going over on Thursday for the opening event. Hope to see a number of you there! By the by...since delivery of series 5 is on the verge of becoming moot...where is the new string for "Where is series 6?"!...and what's in the pipeline for series 7?
    Well we have got this.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...Series-6-minis
    and there is a thread on series seven speculation too.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...d-7-Miniatures
    Rob.

No email but when I got home from work there was a nice white box with a return address of 12 7 GAMES. Since today was the release date they must have been delevered by some magical means. Thanks 12 7

Ooooh!
    So what is the T-Deck like?

Yes!!! Box arrived while we were at the Flea Market
    Planes look very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Ooooh!
    Pretty standard for the speed band: 2 sideslips and 3 45 degree turns going each direction.
    Karl

Let's see how long it takes to get mine to England then.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Pretty standard for the speed band: 2 sideslips and 3 45 degree turns going each direction.
    Karl
    Definitely 45 degree...? Less turny than usual if so - makes sense, but it'll struggle against the regular 60 degree turns if so.
    Last edited by Dom S; 08-06-2012 at 15:03.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Oh those do look nice. I think I feel some RFC Moranes coming on....

Yay! Mine did not show up today

I just recieved my aircraft today. Happy and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yay! Mine did not show up today
    But MINE did.... *crushing Werewolf About To EAT Somebody smile here*

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Ooooh!
    Wth a quick eyeballing, it looks to be the same as the "R" deck minus one sideslip both side. The turns look to be 60 degree turns.

By the way, I love the horizontal line behind the maneuver arrow. Makes it much easier to line up the base/card!

Quote Originally Posted by Walram View Post
    By the way, I love the horizontal line behind the maneuver arrow. Makes it much easier to line up the base/card!
    For those of us without minis in hand, is this like the line that was on the Wings of War WWII cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Walram View Post
    Wth a quick eyeballing, it looks to be the same as the "R" deck minus one sideslip both side. The turns look to be 60 degree turns.

The R deck is faster; it's the same speed as the P deck.
    Here's a pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T Card.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	56107

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    The R deck is faster; it's the same speed as the P deck.

Karl
    Jager, you may be right. With these aging eyes (my wife says “ancient”!) the P and R look to be the same.

Which brings up the one thing I'm not crazy about with the new cards -- the font is incredibly small.

Mine will be arriving later, as I preordered the WW2 bombers and S5 in one big lump (saves on shipping that way).

I learned a lesson with preorders. Only order one set at a time. Moranes look like an easy conversion. Just the rondells have to be changed from French to British.
    Last edited by BobP; 08-07-2012 at 14:17.

Wow amazing. My 12 planes turned up today. Launch to New Zealand in 2 days. Amazing. Truely amazing. TY 12-7 and an amazing postal service!

I think that 12-7 ship the overseas order out before the actual street date so that you guys get them pretty close to the street date. So, probably not just 2 days, but fantastic service none the less!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I think that 12-7 ship the overseas order out before the actual street date so that you guys get them pretty close to the street date. So, probably not just 2 days, but fantastic service none the less!!
    Postmark is 3rd. I've had post take 3 weeks before so feel incredibly lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Madboyo View Post
    Wow amazing. My 12 planes turned up today. Launch to New Zealand in 2 days. Amazing. Truely amazing. TY 12-7 and an amazing postal service!
    Good news Chris. Mine was sent the same day - I hope the package hits Australian shores in time for the weekend.

Cheers,

Carl.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast