Ares Games

Thread: Decal Sources

Default Decal Sources

Here's a list of decal sources that I've run across and used the past few years.
    It's by no means complete. So if you know of any, please add it on.

United Kingdom:

Dom's Decals www.domdecals.com
    Has some 1/144 but the 1/300/1/600 can be useful. He has RAF fin flashes that come in long stripes which can be used for muti-colored striping.

1/144 Direct on EBAY Http://stores.ebay.co.uk/1-144-direct
    Lozange camo, black & white checkers, WW1 aicraft markings

Skytrex www.skytrex.com
    WW1 1/144 national insignia & some 1/200 WW2 aircraft decals

United States:

I-94 www.I-94enterprises.com
    All 1/300 but does have numbers, stripes and checkerboards that may be useful. Raiden Miniatures (www.raidenminiatures.co.uk/) carries many of Dave's decals.

MicroScale www.microscale.com
    Mostly model railroad but has stripes, letter and number set of various sizes.

Reviresco Models www.tin-soldier.com
    Lozange camo, national insignia and, of course, complete "wrap-around" decals for the models he produces.

Scale Model Specialties www.ss-sms.com

Has some 1/144 scale decals for some WW2 fighters. Might be useful for 1/200

Blue Rider decals do a few unusual 1:144 WWII decals and one set of RFC/RNAS 1914-18 decals with some assorted stencils as well.
    http://www.insigniamag.com/hist144.html
    http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BRMS006

UK
    Shed Decals, can be ordered from Helmet models, although 1/200 there are plent of sizes on each sheet.

http://www.helmet-aircraft-200.co.uk...om-Shed-Models

Just found some neat looking Russian Nieuport 11 'Bebe' Decals for three planes
    http://www.hobbyshop.cz/shop/1-72-de...72-decals.html

Ressurecting an old thread here, but does anyone have a source for numbers & letters for RFC/RNAS aircraft ?

Thanks,

Pete

For 3mm or larger I just use the number or letter sheets by Matt Sneddon (Mehusla) at 1/144direct on ebay.
    I haven't found a source for serial numbers beyond those on the 29 Squadron SE5a sheets he does, or the Snipe sheet by Dom's Decals.

Hi Pete,

Try looking on eBay for 1/144 Direct, he does a number of sets in both 1/144 & 1/200 including letters and numbers.

Then Shed decals, Google The one true scale, he does white and black lettering, a but expensive but are laser printed so very thin and you get loads of numbers and letters of various sizes on the sheet. He is the chap who does the Helmet Models decals.

Dom's Decals he does a few specific jasta and a Snipe Australian Sqn sets which you can use the letters for other sqns.

Hope this helps

I'll check out the links, thanks.

Doms Decals are very nice but aren't they on a white field ? OK for later in the war, but not for aircraft painted clear dope or 'silver'

Hi
    Pete, re Doms sets, no they don't all come with white fields.
    Depends on the set you are wanting, his Nieuport French Storks go onto silver no issues, for his 1/144 scale there is only one German set that comes on a white background.
    Roundals come with either or without the white surround

I have his roundels but I need plain black numbers and letters. Such things in 1/144 hold no terrors for me

Quote Originally Posted by guthroth View Post
    I have his roundels but I need plain black numbers and letters. Such things in 1/144 hold no terrors for me
    If all you're looking for is plain black, then self printing is probably the way to go; your options are pretty much limitless in that color on clear decal paper.