Ares Games

Thread: WoG in Oz

Default WoG in Oz

Just out of intrest is there any company that you know of that is importing WoG products. My local store owner can only get the Series 3 Dulux starter pack (which I do not need) but no mins?

I am pretty sure I saw posted on one of the 'Where are the pre-orders for Europe?' threads that Milsims is the Australian distributor, don't know if that is the case or not?

Dave

Glad you guys have at last found someone in Aus. I have yet to get a sniff of them here in the U.K.
    Rob.

Haven't spotted the WW1 bombers over here as yet, my usual sources don't even have them listed. Some places do have the WW2 set in stock.
    Last edited by IRM; 04-22-2012 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    I am pretty sure I saw posted on one of the 'Where are the pre-orders for Europe?' threads that Milsims is the Australian distributor, don't know if that is the case or not?

Dave
    The problem is that with Milsims being a wholesaler and a retailer no other shop can compete. Milsims has a retail price of $20 reduced to $13 for their Series 3 WW2 minis and $100 now reduced to $65 for the WW2 deluxe starter. That is less than cost for the average FLGS.

This means that local shops are less likely to order the product, which means fewer new players picking up planes off the shelves, which is how I started four years ago.

Agreed. I hope they hit the shelves across the country, but it might be a bit grim. I still might end up ordering from the US anyway, preordered bombers here are $37.50, o/s they are $25 or less. My rather limited Shiney Things budget needs to get as much mileage as it can...

Dave

Colbatman & myself have our Bombers on Preorder from Milsims & will just wait impatiently for them to arrive. Hopefully in mid May.

I like the fact that milsims offers the planes so cheaply - that's how I got started in WOW - saw some advertised on special on the milsims site & thought I would give it a go. When I went looking in my local games shop at a later date, they wanted $35 each for the few planes they had and that was before supplies got really tight!

There are still planes being offered on Australian websites (or at least there were when I last looked) & I have bought some from them too - got 2x Diii Hautzmayer for $20 each amongst others just a couple of months ago.

Now milsims have a sale on & have just extended it, I have ordered more stuff from them: a plane & some supplementary decks. In the past I have bought planes, decks, litko, WOW mats, as well as all kinds of wargaming stuff from them over years and all at extremely reasonable prices. I will continue to support them because they give fair prices and make no attempt to price gouge. As an example, I got all the Fokker Dviis, Fokker Dr1s, & all the Albatros Dvs from them at just AUS $15.00 each and that was after Nexus had gone bust (I would have got more then for my re-paints if I had only known it). Plus they offer cheap postage $7.50 registered anywhere in Australia for basically any weight shipment - & I have had some VERY heavy shipments from them over the years.

I cannot see milsims offering Barker Camels at $90.00 or just as stupid Amazon prices. They have been going for years & if they continue going for years more, then I will continue to support them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    The problem is that with Milsims being a wholesaler and a retailer no other shop can compete. Milsims has a retail price of $20 reduced to $13 for their Series 3 WW2 minis and $100 now reduced to $65 for the WW2 deluxe starter. That is less than cost for the average FLGS.

This means that local shops are less likely to order the product, which means fewer new players picking up planes off the shelves, which is how I started four years ago.

Thanks Zoe, Doug.

Don't get me wrong Dark Horse, I like it that Milsims can sell for $13 a mini, and I have a well exercised account with the company. But......as they are the 'official' Ares reseller and also sell retail they can easily undercut any bricks and mortar shop. My FLGS charges $20 for WoW models. He would prefer to sell cheaper but he has to make rent and feed his family. He runs the type of place that does 'learn to play' days for young gamers and provides table space for games like ours. I am aware of the online retail trend, and maybe I am just being sentimental, but I don't like to see the local shops pushed to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I like the fact that milsims offers the planes so cheaply - that's how I got started in WOW - saw some advertised on special on the milsims site & thought I would give it a go. When I went looking in my local games shop at a later date, they wanted $35 each for the few planes they had and that was before supplies got really tight!

There are still planes being offered on Australian websites (or at least there were when I last looked) & I have bought some from them too - got 2x Diii Hautzmayer for $20 each amongst others just a couple of months ago.

Now milsims have a sale on & have just extended it, I have ordered more stuff from them: a plane & some supplementary decks. In the past I have bought planes, decks, litko, WOW mats, as well as all kinds of wargaming stuff from them over years and all at extremely reasonable prices. I will continue to support them because they give fair prices and make no attempt to price gouge. As an example, I got all the Fokker Dviis, Fokker Dr1s, & all the Albatros Dvs from them at just AUS $15.00 each and that was after Nexus had gone bust (I would have got more then for my re-paints if I had only known it). Plus they offer cheap postage $7.50 registered anywhere in Australia for basically any weight shipment - & I have had some VERY heavy shipments from them over the years.

I cannot see milsims offering Barker Camels at $90.00 or just as stupid Amazon prices. They have been going for years & if they continue going for years more, then I will continue to support them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Games Empire have stocked Wow in the past and still have some available at a good price. Not sure about WoG though. will ask when i'm next in there.

Chad

Was at Games Empire today. They plan to stock WoG. They don't have any at this stage.

Thanks for checking it out Chad

Dave