Ares Games
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rain of Destruction

Thumbs up

Keith!

I know but he dose great work!

Rich

So I'm new to the process of eagerly awaiting a set coming out on-line here (more used to just fretting for news one my own). So is this inside info Col. Hajj or do you do us the service of pulling this info from press releases and stuff? Is there any more digging that could be done (I suppose it's no good pumping Andrea for info, I doubt that he memorizes release schedules for each of the world-wide distributors).

Most of it is pulled from release info and other sources I've built up since opening the site. A lot of it is also figured out based on how FFG handles it's releases and pre-orders for retail shops. One of my best friends own the LGS and has inside connects that I can tap from time to time.

Andrea is not even in the loop on release schedules... he does find out a week or so in advance when the new products are hitting Italy, which he passes on here or to me in email.

Thanks for keeping your fingers in so many pies. It's nice to have this info, better than waiting in the dark.

Thumbs up

Keith!

You are correct he dose great work! He saved my bacon with his JU-88 cards, for which i have thanked him many times!

Rich

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Default Series 1 Bomber Miniatures

Does anyone have any idea of a release date for the Series 1 Bomber Miniatures?
    trumpetman52

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

Waiting for bombers ...
    Waiting for bombers ...
    Waiting for bombers ...

... is there an official release date?!

G.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Any idea of the cards that are going to be included this box?

I have already purchased my Air 200 Bf110 anticipating this release. And I have found various other 1/200 German Bombers and a Japanese Betty but I do not want to fly off the handle till I know if their cards will be included.

We know the 110 will be in it. The first post is a quote from the Nexus press release.

Updated photo in first post.

This I must have!

Wow, This is the official look of the box?

Multi-engine? Heavy fighters? Irrespective on the Cols comments, this is the perfect set to have an early war P-38 show up.
    Last edited by Maniac; 11-17-2010 at 05:58.

The box picture looks great, seems like about time that we hear about a release date. Has there really been no news? I can't find any with a google search or anything.

Will the Junkers Ju88 and the Dornier Do17 and Do 215 be in the box, so that we can refight the Battle of Britain?

Hi chaps although primarily WW1 I do have the WW2 sets, few minis though. Has there been any mention of the Fairey Battle, Avro Anson, Boulton Paul Defiant or Westland Whirlwind coming as either cards or minis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hi chaps although primarily WW1 I do have the WW2 sets, few minis though. Has there been any mention of the Fairey Battle, Avro Anson, Boulton Paul Defiant or Westland Whirlwind coming as either cards or minis ?
    I haven't seen mention of any of these aircraft specifically. I suppose a Whirlwind is a possibility in this 'multi-engine' set, but it hasn't yet been mentioned. The next two card booster packs are dive-bombers and a Far East themed one, and none of these aircraft seem to fit in either of those.

I do not think that these will be high priority aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Well, for the first three, they will be including a bag of ashes.... >;)

Longstrider

Man, I hope this comes out sooner rather than later. I still prefer WWI, but I've been playing a bunch of WW2 lately and it'd be nice to add more stuff.

Gents!

Like all good things, it will be worth the wait! I had hoped it would have been by now. I am running three games at a convention next month based on planes in ROD, silly me!!!

Rich

Default WW2 Bombers

I can't believe its been almost a year sense this thread started. I must be getting close to a release date. Can't wait to get Rain of Destruction and the minis. Hopefully before Origins in June.

Some new photos added to the first post.

I can't get my head round why there's no offical communique coming through from Nexus? This is all hearsay, rumour and fan led.

hey ho,

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Some new photos added to the first post.
    Shouldn't those pics go in the WWII bomber mini's post? I thought this set was just cards.

edit - never mind, looks like they're both featured in this thread
    Last edited by swarbs; 02-06-2011 at 17:24.

Nice, this may make me get this game as well. The 2nd mini shown in the opening post looks like a Bristol Beaufighter, or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Etairos View Post
    Nice, this may make me get this game as well. The 2nd mini shown in the opening post looks like a Bristol Beaufighter, or am I mistaken?
    That's what I think it is certainly

Judging by the rear fuselage length on the 110 I'd say it's a D or E type.
    Last edited by Stormkahn; 02-06-2011 at 15:17.

WooHoo!! Nice looking pair! I can't wait.... well, I'll have too. And not holding my breath either.

Back from the Williamsburg Muster! The subject of this expansion came up last weekend, several times! The vendors have never heard of it, or only re-release planes are the next product coming out. The WOW players were mentioning lower quality standards in new WW1 planes. You are right Henry, keep breathing!!!

cromojaro

The official NG International announces: http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3793

Quote Originally Posted by cromojaro View Post
    The official NG International announces: http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3793

Well spotted Carlos!!

cheers,

Dave.

cromojaro

It was just luck.

Patience is still the word though!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

I do hope they hurry up with this. Or at least the ground attack blister. I thought the Italians were meant to run on time?
    Not to sound impatient.

Laurence

That was the reputation!

Rich

Whatever date is announced, add six months to be on the safe side.

Oh, Nahrat - You Optimist!!
    John.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

It was expected latter half of last year, so I'll give them another four months. Then we'll rain destruction on them until we get the cards. Moderate destruction. Of non-fatal levels. And non-distracting from work either.

Quote Originally Posted by pivole View Post
    It was expected latter half of last year, so I'll give them another four months. Then we'll rain destruction on them until we get the cards. Moderate destruction. Of non-fatal levels. And non-distracting from work either.
    So we'll say "Give us the game now or... we'll say give us the game again." That kind of raining destruction
    I'm for it.

With you all the way Tom - Unless something as important crops up....
    John.

John!

I would expect that the game will be out the day they have released the new tie in mini`s! You know what Douglas Addams thought about marketing guys!!!

Rich

just enough time for another bath.....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

Aye, captain. That sounds almost exactly like the plan.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pivole View Post
    LOL! I'm with Pivole...moderate destruction, for the moment.

Other than that, I can't wait for all of this stuff to come out!

Cant wait for Rain of Destruction!!!!!

Don't hold your breath, Propjockey.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast