Ares Games
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rain of Destruction

Default Rain of Destruction

A new boxed set called Rain of Destruction will be released in the second half of this year. It will introduce into the game multi-engine bombers and heavy fighters such as the B-25 Mitchell, He.111 and Me.110, with all related rules.

We should see also see the Bomber Series 1 miniatures release this year with the Henkel He.111 and North American B-25 Mitchell, each in two different paint schemes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B25b.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	14407

Name:	He111a.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	14408

Name:	B25a.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	14409

Name:	He111b2.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	14406

Scans of some of the cards:

This is going to be an exciting year!!!

Tacbombers are fun and a great tool to add variety to scenarios.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andre
    Sorties Flown

Oh that's just super sweet.

I think I am going to be very poor for quite a while - Damn awesome addictive plane goodness.

Andre

That's real good news. I hope one of the B25's has the 75mm gun in the nose! Is the Me110 going to be a miniature or card?
    Last edited by Doug; 02-06-2010 at 03:35.

A card... at first at least. The first bomber to come out as miniatures will be the B-25 and the He111. They are calling them Series 1 Bombers, so hopefully they will make a Series 2 and more.

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

Yay, i can't wait for this ^^

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    A new boxed set called Rain of Destruction will be released in the second half of this year. It will introduce into the game multi-engine bombers and heavy fighters such as the B-25 Mitchell, He.111 and Me.110, with all related rules.

We should see also see the Bomber Series 1 miniatures release this year with the Henkel He.111 and North American B-25 Mitchell, each in two different paint schemes.
    Whoa, great news! I just saw a thread about the WWI bombers hopefully coming out this year as minis...and now this!

Vacation in three days, and I've got more WWII planes lined up "on the ramp" ready to build.

Next week is going to be a good week!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

From the Nexus Game site:
    (ITA) "La prima serie di Bombers Packs, in arrivo quest’anno, introdurrŕ i modelli Henkel He.111 e B-25 Mitchell, in tre differenti colorazioni."

(EN) "The frist Bombers Pack serie, arriving this year, will introduce the Henkel He.111 and the B-25 Mitchell, in tree different paint schemas"

Source: http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3568
    Sorry but I didn't find the english one...

Have a nice Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by PAV View Post
    From the Nexus Game site:
    (ITA) "La prima serie di Bombers Packs, in arrivo quest’anno, introdurrŕ i modelli Henkel He.111 e B-25 Mitchell, in tre differenti colorazioni."

(EN) "The frist Bombers Pack serie, arriving this year, will introduce the Henkel He.111 and the B-25 Mitchell, in tree different paint schemas"

Source: http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3568
    Sorry but I didn't find the english one...

Have a nice Fly!
    @Col. Hajj: Can you ask Andrea which version is correct? I suppose the Italian one...

Furuta have produced a 1:200 scale Me110. They come ready painted and with two bombs.

Here's the press release from Nexus translated to English (roughly...)

The Wings of War series continues to grow during 2010 with many new features, both in dedicated lines to the First and Second World War that the lines of miniatures. NG International is working on several new products that come out during the current year.

For the period of the First World War, the publishing program for the first half of the set include "Flight of the Giants, who will introduce the first bombers, and two expansions: the booster packs Hit and Run, which will add to the game as new aircraft the SPAD VII el'Aviatik DI, and Crossfire, which will put into play new aircraft like the Bristol Fighter and the Rumpler C. IV-VII, with their respective decks maneuver.

The line of miniatures began 2010 with a new set coming in February, Balloon Busters, presenting a model of ball (Drachen Caquot/AE800) and a plane (Nieuport 16), in two different colors. This line will be expanded during the year with a series of bombers - Wings of War WWI Miniatures Bombers (Caproni cca.3 / Gotha GV, in two different colors), a Deluxe Edition revised, with four exclusive models and all that is needed to begin to play, and two new series of Airplane Packs. The fourth series of Wings of War WWI Miniatures SE5A present models, Pfalz D. III, Breguet XIV - Rumpler C. IV, in three different colors, and will arrive on the market in May, while the V-Series will introduce the aircraft Fokker E. III , Halberstadt D. III, Morane-Saulnier, Airco DH2, always in three different colors.

The new at the time of World War II include the set Rain of Destruction, which will introduce the game of the twin-engine bombers and fighters as heavy as the B-25 Mitchell, He.111 and Me.110, with all the relevant rules. This set is scheduled for release in the second half of the year. Are included in the program outputs four expansions: in spring, must arrive at the Squadron Packs The Last Biplanes (with planes Gloster Gladiator, Fiat CR 42 Falco) and Revolution in the Skies (Polikarpov I 16 and others) towards the end of 2010 Winds of Fire (Hurricane, Zero and other fighters of the Front Pacific) and Ground Attack (Ilyushhin II-2 Sturmovik and other dive bombers).

The line of miniatures War II will be expanded with the release of series II and III Airplane Packs, as well as a number of bombers. In spring, Wings of War Miniatures Series II will present the WWII Hawker Hurricane, Dewoitine D.520, Ju.87 Junkers "Stuka" and Aichi D3A1 Val, each in three different colors. The third series models add Curtiss P-40E Warhawk, Yakovlev Yak-1, Kawasaki Ki-61 and Reggiani Re.2001 Falco. The first set of Bombers Packs, arriving this year, will introduce the models Henkel He.111 and B-25 Mitchell, in three different colors.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lorenzo
    Sorties Flown

Here is the english page from Nexus news:
    http://www.wingsofwar.it/list.asp?op=set&language=en

I hope may helps you.

Have a nice fly!

I can't wait to see the cards, decks and some insight on the rules.

Name
    Jesús
    Sorties Flown

I would love the Fiat BR 20 as a mini...

Default Fiat BR.20 Cicogna

Quote Originally Posted by Arendal View Post
    I would love the Fiat BR 20 as a mini...
    Hi Arendal,

The Fiat BR.20 Cicogna would be a great choice. It was used in support of the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War and the Japanese Army in China as well as by the Regia Aeronautica in WW2 against France in 1940, the Battle of Britain and in North Africa and the Med.

I would buy those three in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

Carl.

Wow! Look what happens when you are away from the site for a while! Great news!

Do we know if the bombers will be released as singles or part of a mini set like Baloon busters?

Seeing how there are going to be a total of 6 minis out, I would think they would be singles.

Either way really looking forward to some actual WWII bombers.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

I can hardly wait for the "Queen of the Skies" to be released. The B-17 is THE bomber.
    trumpetman52

Tom I have to disagree with you on that point, for me the best American bomber which you could truly call 'Queen of the Sky's' would have to be the B29, now thats what I call a bomber!

Sorry guys, I'm pretty sure we will not get either of those. I do not foresee us getting strategic heavy bombers.

Default Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Do we know if the bombers will be released as singles or part of a mini set like Baloon busters?
    Hi Aaron,

Based on the potential size of the miniatures I reckon they might come out as three pairs - that is three boxed sets each with one Heinkel He 111 and one North American B-25 Mitchell per box.

Cheers,

Carl.

It is more likely to be one bomber per box like the fighters but, of course, the boxes will have to be bigger.

What other bombers may we receive, a Betty?, a Blenheim?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Col.
    what do you classify as a stategic heavy bomber. they are already coming out with medium bombers.
    trumpetman52

I imagine that a strategic heavy bomber will be 4 engined like the RAF's Lancasters, Halifaxes and Stirlings, the US B17 Flying Fortresses, B24 Liberators and B29 Superfortresses, the Russian Tupolev TB7, the Japanese Nakajima G8N1 Rensan and German Heinkel He177 with its twin 'double engines'.

Yes, I'm thinking we will not see any 4 engine brutes I did talk to Andrea and he said the actual list of bombers coming out in Rain of Destruction has not been finalized yet. While that could keep our hopes up for some more cool bombers being added, it does not bode well for a sooner then later release date.

Default I need those He-111 cards and stands

I have many 1/144 kits of the He-111 ready. Glad to hear they will be released this year.

B-17 or B-29 would be awesome indeed, but I'm sure I'll be flying the hell out of that B-25 until then, if ever, and probably after getting ether of those planes in minis.

The WWII game is about to get a lot more interesting!

A lancaster would be fantastic. my Gran used to make them!
    Real ones I mean!
    In the war not as a hobby that would be nuts

A lancaster would be nice, but the only problem with the large British bombers is that they mostly flew at night during bombing operations. The exceptions would be those that flew in the Asian theatres, by the RAAF etc where they flew in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
    A lancaster would be fantastic. my Gran used to make them!
    Real ones I mean!
    In the war not as a hobby that would be nuts
    Before the Avro Lancaster, which was a night bomber that entered service in 1942, at the end of the service of many aircraft in the DoWW2 game, I would rather see a Bristol Blenheim IV. It was the principle RAF day bomber from 1939-42, saw service in France in 1940, raids over the Channel in 1941-2 including Dieppe, North Africa, Malaya and Burma.

The Finns used them against the Russians as well, so you could have a RAF Blenheim (France 1940), a Finnish Blenheim (Russia 1941), and a Free French Blenheim (North Africa 1942) as your three aircraft set.

Beautiful looking aircraft.

Cheers,

Carl.

Thumbs up Bristol Blenheim

Carl!

That is a very nice shot of a Blenheim. That would qualify as a light to medium bomber in my way of thinking. Along side the B-25, B-26 and the A-20>

Rich

I'd like a Bristol Beaufighter.

Fearnow

Mo-skeet-o!

At least thats what i'd love to see.

I would like a Bristol Beaufighter too but in its early form it was not a bomber. However, the firepower of the fighter version would be awesome CCCCBA.

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I would like a Bristol Beaufighter too but in its early form it was not a bomber. However, the firepower of the fighter version would be awesome CCCCBA.
    How about the Beaufort or Blenheim?

I didn't see anyone mention a P-38 Lightning yet, but that's an aircraft that's too cool to leave out of a two-engine fighter set. I'm also really on board with Beaufort/Beaufighter or Blenhem or Mosquito, there are a bevy of great choices.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Any news on a release date for this, I can't wait!!

Too many great airplanes

This is not a multi-engine fighter expansion. The Bf 110 is in there, but not for the fighter aspect, but for it's fighter-bomber role. Also, unless Andrea is sneaking something past me (us), this set is still going to be limited to planes that have a top speed of less then 600 km/h. So no P-38 or Mosquito

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adrian
    Sorties Flown

Hi Keith,

do you happen to know if the B-25 is early war (B/C) or later (H/J)? There's quite a difference...

Regards,
    Adrian

Sorry, I sure don't. If I had to guess, there will be cards for both early and late war as neither version went over 600 kph speed wise. We have seen this with other planes like the P-40C and P-40F

Angilolillo do you know when this box set is due for release in Australia?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adrian
    Sorties Flown

... and if there are any RAF Mitchell I/II cards in the set?

Regards,
    Adrian

Nevertheless, I am quite sure I need a Blenheim, a Mosquito and a P-38 Lightning. Like.... NOW!
    John. (stamping foot)

Thumbs up

John!

If you cannot wait go Max headroom's page and look at his photo section! He has a some nice custom cards. You should ask about a Blenheim, or maybe a Beaufighter!

Rich

P.S. here i cheated!

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=122

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    John!

If you cannot wait go Max headroom's page and look at his photo section! He has a some nice custom cards. You should ask about a Blenheim, or maybe a Beaufighter!

Rich

P.S. here i cheated!

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=122
    Thanks for the link, Rich. Not sure Spongebob was actually flying in 1914-1918, although he might have been piloting submarines....

John.

Thumbs up

John!

You want sponge Bob on your wing. he soaks up enemy fire! he has done some nice planes! PM him about the Blenheim he came up with that Ju-88 overnight!

Rich

Max is a great guy, but he does not always have internet access... so even though he sometimes gets things for people overnight, don't count on it. Not a slam on him in any way as his work is more then worth any wait!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast