Ares Games
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revised Deluxe Edition

What sort of price do these go for in the UK.
    I've never seen one in the shops.
    Don

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!!

My copy of the original Deluxe Box set just arrived from Canada today! Top that with a phone call to my FLGS owner, who promised me he would put my order for the Revised Deluxe set in first thing tomorrow!! Wooooot!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

RichardD

The original Deluxe Set was never officially available in the UK (except if you went to the trouble of getting it as a special import; some retailers might have done this).

The WW2 Deluxe Set is £55 in my local games shop, so I'd expect shop prices on the new WW1 set to be much the same. Of course, it can be had cheaper online. I paid €40 for it in Essen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Just received this from Shire Games in the Uk ref my question about the revised deluxe set

Shire Games to me

Hi Chris,
    Yes - Finally seems to be released.
    I have some on their way (either tail end of this week or start of next)
    Cheers,

Nick
    Thanks for the tip....

That is good news. It will put all our minds at rest. Go Santa, go Its a cool yule man.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Default the tri plane

that is a nice pic. of the red baron dr.1 plane if you did not do it yet do it. nice rely nice!!!

Just got back from my LGS. WoW Revised Deluxe was in so I picked mine up. Paint jobs are beautiful!
    Last edited by tuladin; 11-24-2010 at 15:51.

Question HOW??

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    Just got back from my LGS. WoW Revised Deluxe was in so I picked mine up. Paint jobs are beautiful!
    Who does your LGS order from? Mine hasn't gotten my order in yet (UPS skipped him yesterday, and they are off until Monday) and FFG is still listing it as "coming soon".
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Who does your LGS order from? Mine hasn't gotten my order in yet (UPS skipped him yesterday, and they are off until Monday) and FFG is still listing it as "coming soon".
    They got it from Alliance Midwest - from Ft. Wayne Indiana to Toledo is 1 day shipping by UPS.

Fleabane

Hi Guys - the UK distributor we use still doesn't have them listed so think they may have been delayed

Nothing on the Coolstuff website yet. It's still listed there as available as 'pre-order'.

I did pre-order... and I'm anxiously waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Fleabane View Post
    Hi Guys - the UK distributor we use still doesn't have them listed so think they may have been delayed

Oh flaming onions......

I hope it actually gets released here....

Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    Oh flaming onions......

I hope it actually gets released here....
    We are informed that they will be released in Blighty.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    We are informed that they will be released in Blighty.
    Rob.
    .....and father christmas is real, they said.......

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    .....and father christmas is real, they said.......
    He must be . He's got his own plane card.
    Rob.
    P.S. I didn't say which Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa.jpg  
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 11-25-2010 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    He must be . He's got his own plane card.
    Rob.
    LOL - OK I believe it now.

Only question is whether the Raindeer are considerted 'engine' damage or 'crew hit'?

Only question is whether the Raindeer are considerted 'engine' damage or 'crew hit'?
    You will just have to check that in the rules when the New Revised Deluxe Edition hits the shelves.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    They got it from Alliance Midwest - from Ft. Wayne Indiana to Toledo is 1 day shipping by UPS.
    I think he gets from the same, so hopefully Monday will be Der Tag
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Karl,
    Nice to see some Ohio flyers from the Northeast part of the state. I thought that the Cleveland-Akron-Youngstown-Painesville quadrant was undefended until now

OK so a quick update!

My local shop has confirmed my copy has shipped and will be here for end of next week or early the next!

Huzzah!

A special rule lets you use Rudolf's red nose to tail opponents even in poor visibility!!

Angry Bad computers

I think he gets from the same, so hopefully Monday will be Der Tag
    Called my LGS since I got a UPS delivery at my store yesterday (turns out it was an "urgent"). He checked his page with Alliance, and my pre-order was ERASED!!!
    He's going to call first thing Monday, and get a re-order in; hope there are still enough left. (Just what happened with the series 4 plane order)
    Karl

Called my LGS since I got a UPS delivery at my store yesterday (turns out it was an "urgent"). He checked his page with Alliance, and my pre-order was ERASED!!!
    He's going to call first thing Monday, and get a re-order in; hope there are still enough left. (Just what happened with the series 4 plane order)
    Karl
    Alliance's website shows it in stock at all four locations.

I expect mine this week sometime. I believe deliveries are on Thursday. Got my version 1 from Canada for about $70 US. included shipping. I think the deluxe sets are a great value!

Starting to do my head in seeing all you across the pond getting it and we can't even pre order yet...

For Uk
    Just ordered the Revised edition from Shire Games £37

I'm there!!

Just phoned my dad to order it me for Xmas....then I notice it has German rules!!!

Why?? It has been released with english rules so why get in the german game...very annoyed as it's pointless buying it...I don't have a printer...also it says the rules are at fantasy Flight...so are they the new deluxe edition rules? If not whats the point.

Anyway I was to late to stop my dad so I will be getting a worthless game...

Can't find the deluxe rules in english....well I will keep it until it becomes rare then sell it I think....

This has put me off WoW to be honest I don't feel like spending more money on it £40 is alot of money to spend on a game you can't play and have to buy three sets to get the contents of the deluxe version that you bought but it was in german...

Damn I wish I hadn't got so excited and phoned my Mum straight away for my dad to order it me...
    Last edited by Wodin; 11-30-2010 at 12:06.

Just phoned my dad to order it me for Xmas....then I notice it has German rules!!!

Why?? It has been released with english rules so why get in the german game...very annoyed as it's pointless buying it...I don't have a printer...also it says the rules are at fantasy Flight...so are they the new deluxe edition rules? If not whats the point.

If the new Deluxe rules are available online, I would be happy to print them off and mail them to you... I will check!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

As I though no there isn't a revised deluxe manual to download just the seperate manuals for FA and BD....well I will keep it until it becomes rare then sell it I think....

This has put me off WoW to be honest I don't feel like spending more money on it £40 is alot of money to spend on a game you can't play and have to buy three sets to get the contents of the deluxe version that you bought but it was in german...

Damn I wish I hadn't got so excited and phoned my Mum straight away for my dad to order it me...
    You should be able to cancel the order. Any reputable firm will accept your reason. If not site not fit for purpose. That usually gets them.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 11-30-2010 at 14:44.

They did stock the old edition in German rules so maybe they are presuming the new edition has aswell or they just changed the pic and added revised edition to the advert of the old deluxe edition.

Really don't want to mess my dad about to be honest...so I will just make the most of a bad job. It has the planes and cards...I will have to download the rules on my memory stick and find a good printers as I want the glossy paper and all! Not sure what rules I should download though as I hear the deluxe edition has all the rules in it.

@The Cowman...whoops missed your post...thanks for the offer! I couldn't find the deluxe rules in English....however if you come across them I will be eternally grateful!

Hi Jason, I got a copy of the English rules.
    As for the cards etc in the deluxe they are no different than from the box sets

Jason sent you a link

You can download the first deluxe rulebook from this site here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=215

It seems identical to the new one, except the altitude chart, which has more planes on it now. You can get the modern, complete altitude chart from the Flight of the Giants rules, which can be downloaded here (you have to register first):

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...eidm=24&esem=4

I'm sure they will have the new rules in the coming weeks.

Hi all, if my post about the revised edition has misled anyone my apologies. I was only concerned about the new paint jobs. The rules I know I can download and print off. But again I did not intend to mislead anyone as to the English rules availability. I have already contacted Wodin ref this as I do have a Printer .

RichardD

Hi Jason, I got a copy of the English rules.
    As for the cards etc in the deluxe they are no different than from the box sets
    The Deluxe set has a double-sized A damage deck. Or at least the A-deck in my Deluxe set was twice as thick as the one that came in my Famous Aces box set.

@Boney...thanks for the offer I've PM'd you back.

No need to apologise..the price of the game was very cheap so no worries.

I notice there are no scenarios in the rulebook....

No the scens are the same as in the box sets, all the deluxe version gave you was the rules for minis.
    The scens can be downloaded from same website
    as already sent

Um...don't think the rules have really changed any?? Might have a "tweak" here or there...the 1st edition rules (mine are in French) aren't any different from any others that you can download...still think it's a great value, in any language

No the scens are the same as in the box sets, all the deluxe version gave you was the rules for minis.
    The scens can be downloaded from same website
    as already sent
    The scenarios can also be downloaded from the files section of this site, here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=214

The original Deluxe Set scenarios from that file are the same as those in the Revised Deluxe Set.

I've calmed down now...no worries...got abit over excited...hehe...anyway once it comes now I need some of those smoke and flames aswell as the gimble mounts...followed by a few more planes....is the Airco DH 2 available in mini's? Love to fight it out between an DH 2 or a Vickers Gunbus against an EIII....recreate some fights from one of my favourite book trilogies by Derek Robinson...

Anyway thanks for the offers of printing...Boney lives the closest so I will take his offer if needed.

I did encounter a bit a of a difficulty regarding rules. The original deluxe boxed set I purchased has rules in French - not a problem yet as the guy I was playing with was French and I too speak it. I then downloaded the rules in English from the files section here. When another friend came over to play he referred to the rules in English. At one point each of them was referencing their copy of the rules, but the rules differed in what they said. Funny now, but a puzzle as to what to do then! I cannot remember the rules dispute or the outcome.

Point being: be sure you agree on which version of the rules you will be using in group play or in a competitive environment or at a tourney. When you solo it you can cheat yourself blind, as long as the other guy agrees.

I ordered two from Shire Games - them saw that they were german language...duh

Still it not a major problem, and I suspct Ive saved a bit of money as well

I've calmed down now...no worries...got abit over excited...hehe...anyway once it comes now I need some of those smoke and flames aswell as the gimble mounts...followed by a few more planes....is the Airco DH 2 available in mini's? Love to fight it out between an DH 2 or a Vickers Gunbus against an EIII....recreate some fights from one of my favourite book trilogies by Derek Robinson...

Anyway thanks for the offers of printing...Boney lives the closest so I will take his offer if needed.
    No official minis yet for the EIII or DH2 those are available as cards in the addon Immelmann.
    you can of course get these minis from Skytrex at £5 each

Purchased in Rome just arrived less than an hour ago!

Attilio

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    Purchased in Rome just arrived less than an hour ago!

Attilio
    Good there is hope for us in G.B. yet then. I won't put it on my Christmas list, but maybe for my birthday in March.
    Rob.

No official minis yet for the EIII or DH2 those are available as cards in the addon Immelmann.
    you can of course get these minis from Skytrex at £5 each

Thanks for the tip...will buy the Immelmann cards and check out Skytrex...what other add ons do you suggest?

Also are the Skytrex planes painted?
    Last edited by Wodin; 12-01-2010 at 06:53.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW1 deluxe set
    By ff151 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 04:55
  2. WWII Deluxe Rules
    By John B in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:18
  3. Deluxe Edition Reprint Possible
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions