Ares Games
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revised Deluxe Edition

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I also could not find the deluxe set on FFG's site.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not a reprint of the individual series 1 minis will come along with the new deluxe set? I also noticed that Richthofen's Dr.I is listed as "Not Available" (red) while the other unavailable planes from series 1 are listed as "not yet available" (orange) on the product page (it also seems to be missing from the upcoming products list). Should I take that to mean anything? ... such as that the new deluxe one will have a different paint job and that it will replace the old mini should they release singles again? Or is that just a mistake on FFG's part?

Sorry about that guys, it was the WWII deluxe set which I saw on the site as a reprint.

As for the Red Baron mini, not sure what to make of it. Andrea did say that he would expect the series 1 minis to come out again along with the new Deluxe set.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBru View Post
    I also could not find the deluxe set on FFG's site.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not a reprint of the individual series 1 minis will come along with the new deluxe set? I also noticed that Richthofen's Dr.I is listed as "Not Available" (red) while the other unavailable planes from series 1 are listed as "not yet available" (orange) on the product page (it also seems to be missing from the upcoming products list). Should I take that to mean anything? ... such as that the new deluxe one will have a different paint job and that it will replace the old mini should they release singles again? Or is that just a mistake on FFG's part?
    As I understand it, Richthofen's Dr.I is going to have the earlier red and brown paint job.
    Rob
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yes, the one in the Deluxe set is going to be the red and brown. I think he was questioning any reprints of the series 1 minis as the Baron seems to have been given a different description on the FFG site. I personally think it is just a difference made by the person that updated the site.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Right ... what Col. Hajj said. It just seemed at least a weird coincidence that the only plane getting a new paint job was listed differently from the others that are out of stock and that I didn't see it on the upcoming products (reprint) list. I have noticed another of other anomalies on the site before so it could just be that. I would hope they'd give us a heads-up if a particular model were to go out of print.

Actually, all four planes in the new Deluxe Set are getting new paint jobs.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Yeah I guess I could've worded that more clearly. I meant that Richthofen's is the only one reappearing in the new deluxe set and that it also appears to have a new paint job (and could therefore potentially replace the original).

I consider the other three altogether new planes

The new paint job for the Fokker looks great, I think the old totally-red is too classic, almost a cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    The new paint job for the Fokker looks great, I think the old totally-red is too classic, almost a cliché.
    It may be a cliche, but it's what pulls the punters in. You only need to look at the prices that they command on E-Bay to realise that. However, for the more discerning player, we can do a repaint job. After all if you are flying as the Red Baron, yuo don't want to be caught in the plane in which he was shot down.
    That is why Albert Ball will continue to fly his Neiuport for me. There will be no SE5. repaint for him. Although on second thaughts, the Col. has not introduced a gimble mount that allows you to fly upside down, YET! So maybe ...........?
    Rob.

Default Deluxe Set

I could think of lots of reasons not to buy this set.
    I already own the original, all of Series one, already repainted some of Series one to other planes as I bought double. Got all the sets so no cards needed damage or manouvre.
    What is the benefit? Three new pilots..ooooh ok then put me down for one !!
    Curse you Red Baron

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Where can you see the new paint jobs?

You can see Luke's SPAD in the first post and the new Red Baron in post # 44 on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    You can see Luke's SPAD in the first post and the new Red Baron in post # 44 on the first page.
    Thanks, Col.!

I want every one of those repaints...

When am I going to be able to get this in the States?

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    There are also photos of all 4 minis here

http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3737
    Great thanks. I have saved the page to send on to my group.
    Rob.

Oooooh, Shiny!

A green and red triplane for the Baron.

Thanks for sharing that. That's a must have.

Wow, they look nice...

Thanks, tuladin!

Love the way they end-run recent "controversies" regarding who offed Richthofen....

Like the pix. I have to get my grubby mitts on these.

Anyone have any idea when these are going to be on sale in the UK?

Jones the Dice and I were talking about the sets last night during our games and depending on when it will be available in the UK will determine what order and which other items we both purchase.

I think we're trying to get flash and have a procurement strategy for WoW (we both know it will fail, but at least we're giving it a try).

Cheers,

Aled

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Nary a whisper I'm afraid - beginning to wonder if the ship went too close to Somalia, as it's yet to make an appearance *anywhere* let alone here. (We're usually 2-4 weeks behind the Americans on new releases, so I'd certainly not expect it within the next month, and frankly at this stage longer wouldn't surprise me.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Nary a whisper I'm afraid - beginning to wonder if the ship went too close to Somalia, as it's yet to make an appearance *anywhere* let alone here. (We're usually 2-4 weeks behind the Americans on new releases, so I'd certainly not expect it within the next month, and frankly at this stage longer wouldn't surprise me.... )
    Thanks Dom, at least it means I can get on with my plans for the 4th Sqn. Cheers Aled

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Best way of speeding it up - start another project, and let Murphy's Law do the rest....

Best way of speeding it up - start another project, and let Murphy's Law do the rest....
    Following your advice the plans for the 4th Sqn are up and running and now rest in the hands of the Royal Mail. Cheers Aled

A case of once bitten, eh Dom. Best not to get everyones hopes up only for them to be dashed again. Lets just hope it is not as long as the Series four took!
    Rob.

At Derby I enquired about the new set from Stafford games to be told "No idea when they will be available yet". Which says to me quite a while yet (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    At Derby I enquired about the new set from Stafford games to be told "No idea when they will be available yet". Which says to me quite a while yet (sigh)
    Chris,

Why not do what I did and follow Doms advice and start a new project. which should mean that following Murphy's Law the set will all of a sudden be released midway through the project.

Cheers, Aled

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Chris,

Why not do what I did and follow Doms advice and start a new project. which should mean that following Murphy's Law the set will all of a sudden be released midway through the project.

Cheers, Aled
    I like the thinking Aled. That's the very reason I can't get started on my Gotha. Maybe I should make the effort to begin this week. If we all did this our joint aura might influence a butterfly in the Far East to get its blooming finger out.
    Rob.

And if the butterfly doesn't get its finger out we could use it as an excuse to start more projects and get even more planes. As we would have to give the theory a fair chance before we decided it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I like the thinking Aled. That's the very reason I can't get started on my Gotha. Maybe I should make the effort to begin this week. If we all did this our joint aura might influence a butterfly in the Far East to get its blooming finger out.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    If the answer is yes, buy the Deluxe... There are three more new minis inb it, and its cost is (at least in Italy) nearly the same of 4 minis sold indipendently, but you get more stuff.

If it's no I am sorry but i can not help it.
    I like the planes that will be included in the set. I well buy the set as soon as it comes out. I am encouraging my friends to buy a set also. Great deal, great planes, and a great set a rules.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Still have not seen hide nor hair of the Deluxe set here in the U.S. (well with the exception of Kilted Wolf, who seems to have everything WoW these days.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Knowitall View Post
    Still have not seen hide nor hair of the Deluxe set here in the U.S. (well with the exception of Kilted Wolf, who seems to have everything WoW these days.)
    Fantasy Flight Games has listed it as "on the boat" - which puts it about 5 to 7 weeks away.

Cool Stuff is offering it for preorder at a great price.

We haven't seen hide nor hair, but at least we can see its tracks.

FFG has them as ship[ping now!

Oo oo oo oo oo!

Tabletop Gaming News says the WWI Deluxe 2 will be released from Fantasy Flight Games on 23 November 2010 --- Huzzah!!

Put in a request with my local retailer today for my copy. He's going to call FFG on Monday - he orders direct from them. Will advise...

This is good news Oliver. It is always good to get some firm info about the release dates. Puts everyones mind at rest.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlerclan View Post
    Tabletop Gaming News says the WWI Deluxe 2 will be released from Fantasy Flight Games on 23 November 2010 --- Huzzah!!
    Outfreakinstanding!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post
    Put in a request with my local retailer today for my copy. He's going to call FFG on Monday - he orders direct from them. Will advise...
    Thanks for that Grant. I will be very interesyed to compare the release dates in different areas.
    Rob.

I've got mine on pre-order with my "local"...hoping Santa will deliver before Christmas.

Alliance Games Distributors (U.S.) just put a street date of 11/23 on it.

Alliance Games Distributors (U.S.) just put a street date of 11/23 on it.
    Looks like that is pretty conclusive then. Three dates all the same, and still no word about it on this side of the pond. Even Amazon are not making promises they can't keep this time round.
    Rob.

RichardD

I'm feeling quite special that I've had my copy for a month now.

Richard, a month? How did you manage that and where from? Is it the revised Deluxe Edition you are talking about or the original ?

RichardD

Yup. I bought it on Friday the 22nd of October (for unconnected reasons, I have a record of exactly when).

I was at the big German board games event, Spiel, in Essen, Germany. The publisher was demonstrating Wings of War there, and must have air-freighted some early production copies straight over from the factory. They also had *all* the planes - including Series 4 - available, but I saw them ticking numbers off each time anyone bought something, so I guess supplies were very limited.

I was feeling pretty miserable that Friday. As well as feeling under the weather, I'd not been enthused by *any* new game that I looked at or played. I'd set myself the limit of buying just 5 or 6 new games that weekend, and I was struggling to find even *one* that I actually wanted to buy after playing it (there were plenty of games that *looked* tempting, but nothing I played was any good). I only sat down at the Wings of War demo table because there were a couple of spare seats and I wanted to sit down. The two people I was wandering around with hadn't played the game before, so I gave them a quick run-down, insisted that the German chap who was already sitting at the table stayed to play the game with us, and we had a little 2v2 furrball.

We all enjoyed the game so much, we each bought a copy of the revised Deluxe set - them, because they wanted to play it again when they got home; me, because I liked the new paint jobs and wanted more damage cards (I had the two original starter sets, so that was one A deck and one B - but that's not really enough for games of more than about 6 planes; the deluxe set includes a B and a double-sized A). Oh, and I was also panicking that I'd end up going home with fewer than 5 games.

So there are at least 3 copies of the revised Deluxe Set in the UK already

Ahh got you, nice one I am quite jealous
    hmm is Birmingham too far for a night trench raid I wonder

Just received this from Shire Games in the Uk ref my question about the revised deluxe set

Shire Games to me

Hi Chris,
    Yes - Finally seems to be released.
    I have some on their way (either tail end of this week or start of next)
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Ahh got you, nice one I am quite jealous
    hmm is Birmingham too far for a night trench raid I wonder
    Not if I drop you off from the Harry Tate mate... go halves !!

"He is wise who watches"

RichardD

We will defend our planes to our last breath! Especially the new Fokker triplane.

That decides it, Flash synchronise watches, ill supply the cam cream, we raid !!!!! 2 each eh

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW1 deluxe set
    By ff151 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 04:55
  2. WWII Deluxe Rules
    By John B in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:18
  3. Deluxe Edition Reprint Possible
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions