Ares Games
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revised Deluxe Edition

If the answer is yes, buy the Deluxe... There are three more new minis inb it, and its cost is (at least in Italy) nearly the same of 4 minis sold indipendently, but you get more stuff.

If it's no I am sorry but i can not help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    If the answer is yes, buy the Deluxe... There are three more new minis inb it, and its cost is (at least in Italy) nearly the same of 4 minis sold indipendently, but you get more stuff.

If it's no I am sorry but i can not help it.

Of course the answer is to buy the deluxe box! I am one of the lucky ones who has a complete set one, but I will still get more. And more. And more. I am dedicated to buying all the miniatures that come out for the game. I have an entire shelf in my hobby room just for Wings of War! The booster cards aren't much use to me as I like the minis, but every repaint, every deluxe edition - I just can't say no!

Gotta catch 'em all!

Looking forward to this, as it will be nice to have all the rules in one place.

A Richthofen triplane will be nice too.

As long as the pilot in Roy Brown's Camel is clearly Joseph Fiennes then I am in

Even though I just recently got the French deluxe set and 20 miniatures to complement it I will most certainly buy the new deluxe set when it becomes available. My addiction for the miniatures continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    Looking forward to this, as it will be nice to have all the rules in one place.

A Richthofen triplane will be nice too.
    Especially another paintjob for a Richtofen. That alone makes the boxed set worth owning.

Anyone have an idea of the release date ?

I thought that I saw an August target mentioned.

Tomsk

I'm sure I read somwhere on this site....but can't for the life of me find it, that the new delux set would have English rules sets in all editions ?

Can anyone confirm if I did see this or am infact going mad ?

Also anyone know if this is also true of 'The flight of the giants' ?

I ask this as I've been ordering all of my stuff lately from Germany as alas even with shipping it's still cheaper than getting stuff in England

It did however feel a little ironic having to import a Red Baron from Germany !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    I'm sure I read somwhere on this site....but can't for the life of me find it, that the new delux set would have English rules sets in all editions ?

Can anyone confirm if I did see this or am infact going mad ?
    Hi, i answer to you quoting our Col. Keith:
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will this time... I think they learned their lesson with the first one and the WWII one has sold really well here in the US.

hope this will help you a little

happy landing

There will be an English dition. But each box has a single language on the rulebook (see the sticker on the lid). So German copies should have German only, British/US copies English only.
    Only exception the Finnish+Swedish edition by Lautapelit.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

So let's all hope it will hit the shelf this summer.

Me three!

Craftorian

Looks like a great way to finally get a Richthofen! When does it hit the stores in east TN?

They say sometime in August. The Baron's red Dr.I will be coming out again as well... just not sure when they plan to do a reprint.

They say sometime in August

Did they mention which year

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    They say sometime in August

Did they mention which year
    Cynical, but not without reason....

I will have to play the devils advocate here. Personally I don't want to buy repaints of prior models, I want to see (and purchase) NEW (different) planes. So bring on Series 4 & 5!

I'm all for new planes as well! But I will not pass up more minis in any form!

I'm all for new planes as well! But I will not pass up more minis in any form!
    I agree with the Col, however, I set myself a limit of one bag of Figures in comfort two years ago, when I started collecting. Room for 60 planes seemed a lot of space then. Now with only 24 spaces left and series 4 imminent, it does not seem like a lot of space left. So I have now got to be careful what I duplicate, until the Col brings out his storage system, when I am sure to revise my thinking.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob, you said you were limited to one bag... but never said you could not have more trays and just swap them out

Rob, you said you were limited to one bag... but never said you could not have more trays and just swap them out
    If your projected ones fit, that is exactly what I propose to do.
    Rob.

I'm for repaints of popular models as in the New Deluxe Ed. (Never got a shot at the previous one, although I've got the full set of series I) I'd sure like to see a Lothar von Richthofen Dr 1.

I am really excited about the repaints too. If you paint personally, Lothar vonRichthoffen is really pretty easy to convert from the Arthur Rahn Dr.1 model. I think Dom has a good method for "Fokker finish" and the PollyS WWI colors have a really nice set of colors for any conversion from doped linen to german mauve. Really good stuff.

I'm definitely going to get this boxed set and think that, with the Baron & Brown both being in it it'll really appeal to new players. I know I'll be running intro games for any new students at my school using this pair of adversaries - who could resist that, especially after I put on the dogfighting scene from the Red Baron DVD for them to watch?
    Last edited by Khargor; 08-23-2010 at 07:50. Reason: annoying spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Khargor View Post
    I'm definitely going to get this boxed set and think that, with the Baron & Brown both being in it it'll really appeal to new players. I know I'll be running intro games for any new students at my school using this pair of adversaries - who could resist that, especially after I put on the dogfighting scene from the Red Baron DVD for them to watch?
    Hi Shaun.
    It's a coincidence that you should post on this subject today, because I've just recieved an update from Keith Thomason of Heron games, to appraise me of the status of my pre order for series 4. In it he mentions that he has heard nothing at all about a release of the Deluxe set that I asked him also to pre
    order for me. I guess it is another of these wait and see scenarios, if even the wholesalers that he deals with have no information yet.
    Rob.

I guess it is another of these wait and see scenarios, if even the wholesalers that he deals with have no information yet.
    Bugger! Just going to have to make sure that I win that competition that the Col. is running

So lets see... my scenario is probably full of more holes than a teabag, my painting of the miniatures needed leaves a lot to be desired, and I haven't started my objective yet... hmmm - how much does a respectable bribe cost these days?!

Default Elliott Springs' SE5a

Quote Originally Posted by Volant Gun View Post
    I'm really excited about Frank Luke's SPAD!!
    I know the USAS did not participate until the very later part of the war, but there were many americans flying for other nations and I would like to see more of them as well
    When Bishop' SE5a is released you can easily do a repaint to get Elliott Springs' SE5a. He was placed in Bishop's No 85 Sqn while the US was still getting squadrons equipped and their support personnel trained. Just change the Z on the fuselage and wing of Bishop's plane to a X. The very small aircraft number on the tail section can be left as is (It is so small I don't think anyone would notice), painted over, or changed to the correct number if you are really good at doing repaints. With the standard British color scheme and simple markings, a wide variety of planes with American pilots, as well as other British pilots, can be produced with very little repainting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    When Bishop' SE5a is released you can easily do a repaint to get Elliott Springs' SE5a. He was placed in Bishop's No 85 Sqn while the US was still getting squadrons equipped and their support personnel trained. Just change the Z on the fuselage and wing of Bishop's plane to a X. The very small aircraft number on the tail section can be left as is (It is so small I don't think anyone would notice), painted over, or changed to the correct number if you are really good at doing repaints. With the standard British color scheme and simple markings, a wide variety of planes with American pilots, as well as other British pilots, can be produced with very little repainting.
    Quite agree Coog. That is why I pre ordered three of Bishop's planes. If everyone has the same notion, they are going to be very scarce indeed. I would get an order in before the run starts.
    Rob.

And with my generic numbers and letters decals for the British planes, it should be easier then ever!

And with my generic numbers and letters decals for the British planes, it should be easier then ever!
    When will these be out Col?
    Rob.

I hope to have them in the store front around the 1st of Sept. I just approved the final prototype and it is just a matter of them getting printed up and shipped to me. The #9 Squadron needs another revision though. The color of the blue was way off and a few decals needed to be scaled down a millimeter or so.

I'm hoping to do a lot more of the design work my self on the next decal sets, that should speed up the process quite a lot.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I'd like to find some decals for a repaint of Guynemer's Spad XIII. Any chance your numbers will include a large "2" ? The cigogne would be nice too ...

Default Deluxe

Yep, sorry to hear that the deluxe set is running late...too bad, since my wife and I were looking forward to a week of new planes to play with when we take vacation in early October. Checked with my local hobby shop and they had no update on when it might arrive.

Default Decals

I hope to have them in the store front around the 1st of Sept. I just approved the final prototype and it is just a matter of them getting printed up and shipped to me. The #9 Squadron needs another revision though. The color of the blue was way off and a few decals needed to be scaled down a millimeter or so.

I'm hoping to do a lot more of the design work my self on the next decal sets, that should speed up the process quite a lot.
    I am really looking forward to seeing your decals. I have started two squadrons of repaints and my biggest hangup is finding numbers and letters of appropriate size.

For questions and discussions about the decals, please see this thread.

Exclamation Hey Col Hajj

It looks like I'll have to buy another military transport bag. The one I have is the big bag and I have two spots left. I don't think my retirement check can handle much more of this. I may have to get a job!

Some people drink; some people smoke; I buy minis!

Have Fun,
    Volant Gun.

FFG - We're STILL WAITING

Nexus officially announces revised edition ... Great photos included!

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3737

I hope it will come soon to Spain...

We read...

Default New Deluxe Set

Quote Originally Posted by Hako_Ikki View Post
    Nexus officially announces revised edition ... Great photos included!

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3737

I hope it will come soon to Spain...

We read...
    Thanks for the update. Hope they literally mean "coming soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Thanks for the update. Hope they literally mean "coming soon."
    Soon is a very emotive word to those of us who expected series 4 for Christmas. (Last Chritmas)
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Soon is a very emotive word to those of us who expected series 4 for Christmas. (Last Chritmas)
    Rob.
    Yes. We are still waiting for series 4...

I hope we get our (last) Christmas gift soon ....

We read...

Smile Looks Good!

Last edited by Artack; 09-14-2010 at 16:06.

It is showing on FFG's site, so it should be within the next 2-4 months.

Craftorian

Those look fantastic! Does anyone know how to order them? I did not see them on the website.

It is showing on FFG's site, so it should be within the next 2-4 months.
    Please give us a link. I can't find it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW1 deluxe set
    By ff151 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 04:55
  2. WWII Deluxe Rules
    By John B in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:18
  3. Deluxe Edition Reprint Possible