Ares Games
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bomber miniatures

Just think this it will be another 6 - 8 weeks after you guys see them in shops before they arrive in New Zealand shops.
    Have patience my friends have patience.
    Linz

I'm glad they are coming out with updates kudos to them. Will be buying one each.

Glad to hear the news...have three of each on order from Krystal Keep in Dayton. After a few opportunities to see similar models in combat three seems right for a challenging scenario. The wait seems manageable, barely.

Ares site now shows the bombers as an April release

There are still no (dealer) informations about WW II series III release in Germany.

I have to wait anyways for the bombers.

Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Ares site now shows the bombers as an April release
    LOL... old news. See post #15.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    LOL... old news. See post #15.
    Yes, but their official site still had them listed as March until just recently.

hmmmmm, we will see eh

It sounds like we're looking at something like:

Bombers (Summer - If they ship in April by the time they filter through the supply chain it'll be Late May or June before they hit US doormats)
    Series 5 (October/November)
    Series 1 Repaint (Jan/Feb 2013?)

Worth the wait, but this is an ambitious release schedule considering:

1 - They're new
    2 - They're launching a new line of games
    3 - They're continuing on with WW2

It's a lot of product to proof, order, and ship in a pretty short period of time. I know they have great intentions, but even experienced companies with more staff struggle and they're dealing primarily with cardboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yes, but their official site still had them listed as March until just recently.
    Really? I would have bet money that they had it changed that same day. Oh well, matters not. I'm looking forward to them be it March, April, or October.

Good to hear! Nice reporting Keith.

Default Nice news

I wish them good luck and God's speed.

keeping my fingers crossed

I am not by nature a very patent (or like waiting) person, but I keep on tell myself I have waited for so long a few months more won't matter

Hi All,
    Havn't been around for a while for one reason or another and wanted to catch up. I've been reading through the forum but release date for the bombers and early war fighters seem a bit vague? Checked out the Ares site and they say April for the Bombers, is this still on track?

As far as we know, April is still the month.

Excellent news, Hopefully they will be on schedule, more importantly, I'm looking forward to the release of the early fighters, which I understand are due for release around the same time as the bombers?

That is what they are telling us.

I ordered 2 gothas from12/7. I can hardly wait any longer! Lol! The new rules pack with bomber rules will be perfect. Can you pre order the rules pack somewhere?

Not yet, but I'm sure 12-7 will as soon as they can.

Well gents it's April.....is there any target date ?

Whose been waiting? I've got 11 Gothas and 4 Ca3's and no one wants to attack me yet! It will be fun to have the whole family home for Easter . . . Clipper

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    It sounds like we're looking at something like:
    Series 1 Repaint (Jan/Feb 2013?)
    2014 probably

Users Country Flag

Name
    Vittorio
    Sorties Flown

The site of the Italian distributor of the date to the first two weeks of May for the release of the bombers
    http://www.redglove.it/prossimeuscite.php

(Nel sito del rivenditore italiano da come data le prime due settimane di maggio per l'uscita dei bombardieri)

Just looked at the first post from Herr Oberst and it is dated Feb 2010. You can see the Series 3 WWII planes in the photo. If remember correctly there were also photos of Series V WWI. Seems if there were already master models 25 months ago we should be seeing sets soon.

Bob, we also don't know if Ares got the Nexus tooling or they had to re-tool for the same thing like they're doing on the earlier series... My bet on Series 5 is sometime late summer or early fall, July at extreme soonest.

Now that the leash of Italeri's incompetence is off them, I expect much improvement relative to the Nexus days...

These are Ares' dates for next releases:
    http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products
    They should refer to USA mainly, but more or less Europe timing is the same.

Long awaited and eagerly anticipated. Look forward to all future releases including the Aces cards for WW1.

Thanks Diamnoback. At least we know they are in the works and will be out sometime this year. Set 3 WWII was great so I can't wait for any next series.

Just check the link Andrea posted. Looks like series 5 in June. The models look awesome so can't wait for them. Thanks guys

Areas has released the date for the Bombers, May 7th is the day Gents. Let the Heavies roll! Woot!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Vittorio
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    Areas has released the date for the Bombers, May 7th is the day Gents. Let the Heavies roll! Woot!
    Finally

Vittorio

hopefully this will be the last time we have to talk about this lol

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    I hope so Daniel, I'll be very happy along with everyone else, depending on the cost.
    However you did notice the small disclaimer bottom left of the page ?

Well looks like another week until the release of the bombers. I hope the next series of WWI scouts will not be far behind.

All coming out when I am in the middle of moving, ah what the hell mins come first!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by sirosis o liver View Post
    hopefully this will be the last time we have to talk about this lol
    Yes...there is always hope.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-26-2018, 11:12