Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWII Series 3 is shipping to distributors!

Default WWII Series 3 is shipping to distributors!

Roberto just announced on Facebook that they have the first set of packaged Series 3 planes in their hands and that shipping to the distributors is starting. Should only be a month or so now!

Great news for all you WWII buffs.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Woot!! About time! I don't about the little hanging tabs when it comes to storage, but otherwise I like the box art!

Even more good news! Lots more to look forward to during this year

*Calling SWMBO* "Hey baby! So, guess what..."

Ahhh she's gonna love the good news. Not as much as I do though.

When I have those planes in my hands or get a confirmed YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED then I will be glad.

Whomp!! this is my shocked look. Fantastic!!

Shiny ! that'll keep the WW2 boys happy !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

This WW2 boy won't be truly happy until they're actually on the shelves of my FLGS.

I'am a WW II boy,too.

I'am still happy!
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

great news ! can't wait

I pre-ordered 6 p-40's and the LE Box set just because...lol I ordered them from the forum sponsor 12-7. I was told they are do in this week!

Very interesting. I thought they were due out this month?

I think beatng the new Axis and Allies CMG plane game Angels 20 would be in there best interest for potential new comers to the game.

http://rallyroundtheflag.blogspot.co...re-planes.html

WotC does have a huge following and a late release by ARES could hurt them in this case.

I have a pre order for Angels 20 but just another game to play. Will see how it plays but I still enjoy Wings and hope the WWII planes get in next week since they are on the way.

*and the clouds open up as a ray of heaven shines down* AH! Can't wait to see these in my LHS!!

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    *and the clouds open up as a ray of heaven shines down* !!
    You could also use it in your AAR Michael.
    Rob.

WW2 or not this is great news for everyone because it shows that they're able to bring the product to market. It gives me great hope that we're in good hands and once they work through the initial supply chain issues we'll have great support. Very exciting stuff.

Just had word from our sponsor, 12-7 Games that the these have been held up in customs in China. They should be State side the last week of Feb and the Starter Set should be about a week behind that.

Ah, found the thread. Yes, I was informed yesterday that the planes should arrive stateside in about 2-3 weeks & the starter set will be about 1 week after that. I will update everyone as I get more info. It looks like Angels 20 will be on the street before Wings of Glory.

One more thing. The report I got said the "planes" will be here in about 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if that means just the WW2 planes or if it includes the WW1 bombers. I doubt that I will get more info before my shipment arrives. I will let everyone know just as soon as I can.

We are getting close, so please be patient. I know, that is asking alot. :-)

I am waiting/waiting/waiting/waiting oh well soon I hope.

Awesome!! more cool stuff now to find a place for the stuff and a way to bring the stuff with me when i go places.

I'm doing some demo work for Ares at MidSouth Con, in Memphis the 3rd weekend in March.

Roberto's assistant said they should have WW2 to me in time but was very doubtful about the bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by kduke42 View Post
    I'm doing some demo work for Ares at MidSouth Con, in Memphis the 3rd weekend in March.

Roberto's assistant said they should have WW2 to me in time but was very doubtful about the bombers.
    Well, that is good information to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 12-7-gamer View Post
    Well, that is good information to know. Thanks.
    Thanks for the update! It's only a matter of time

Really getting excited about this one...

I am dying here! Another 2 weeks? Darn Chinese customs officers! Hurry up

And then they have to clear EU and US customs. I wonder how long that will take?

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    And then they have to clear EU and US customs. I wonder how long that will take?
    Not as long as we have been waiting so far Dave. Cheer up chaps. You know as soon as you get your hands on this lot you will be wittering about how long it is to the next ones.
    Rob.

True enough; you should be putting the cash away into jam jars until they get here, so the shock to the wallet is lessened.
    And there are more things to come.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Users Country Flag

Name
    Fredrik
    Sorties Flown

At last :-) been waiting for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    True enough; you should be putting the cash away into jam jars until they get here, so the shock to the wallet is lessened.
    And there are more things to come.
    Karl
    But mine are already paid for!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    I am dying here! Another 2 weeks? Darn Chinese customs officers! Hurry up

Sorry, I believe you're dead in 2 weeks...

My online dealer told me, that the first WoG article will reach Germany in April.

I'am curious when the first forum member hold a online buyed/shop buyed WoG plane in his hands.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Time Has Come Today. A song from the Chambers Brothers back in the late 60's or early 70's. Seems how long for the planes to get out. Oh well. (Fleetwwod Mack).

I came home from work today and OH there was a large box on the floor. Checked the address and it was from my game store. I have been waiting for the series 3 planes I was hopeful. Forgot about another preorder I placed. It was planes but not Wings planes. I guess the Wings planes are due soon.

I am hearing they are now stateside and should hit distributors and retailers as early as next week. I think we will start seeing them in our hands over the next two weeks! It appears as if the wait is just about over! Woot!

Well, my preorder won't be coming until the bombers are in stock--getting above the Free Shipping threshold plus what it looked like Bill was gonna run out of first caused that.

Order 1: 7/8 planes and the Gothas.
    Order 2: 8th plane, the Starter, the Capronis and a War at Sea booster.

Which plane did you hold back on until the second order? I bet it was one of the Yaks!!!!

Cerretani, actually. I had MEANT to hold on both Re2001s, but somehow there was a glitch that it didn't add my WAS booster and drop Metellini when I tried.

Oh well... it'll work out in the end--once I get Order 2 filed, I'll just ask Bill to ship in one box if he can. Comes out the same either way...

Great news. I may also have to wait as the place I order from waits until all preorders are in stock. I ordered all when they came up as pre order. ((planes that came today were Angles 20)) SHHH.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I came home from work today and OH there was a large box on the floor. Checked the address and it was from my game store. I have been waiting for the series 3 planes I was hopeful. Forgot about another preorder I placed. It was planes but not Wings planes. I guess the Wings planes are due soon.
    Oh! How cruel Bob. To raise your expectations like that, get the pulse racing,the adrenalin surge going, only to be dashed as you opened the box.
    On the up side you now have all that excitement to look forward to again.
    Still you can console yourself with the second prize in the meantime.
    Rob.

Well not dashed so much. I forgot about that order so was still a surpised when I opened the box. Now have another game to learn and play (and some really nice plane models).

This just in from Ares:

WW2 Wings of Glory hits the stores on March, 7th

The first Airplane Packs arrived at Ares’ warehouse in the U.S. and are now shipping to distributors

Camaiore, Italy – February 28, 2012 – The Wings of Glory game will debut on the market in March with the release of the first WW2 Airplane Packs featuring four aircrafts (Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, Yakovlev Yak-1, Kawasaki Ki-60 and Reggiane Re.2001 Falco), each presented in two different versions. The Airplane Packs, already arrived at the Ares Games’ warehouse in the U.S., are now shipping to North America distributors and will be available in the stores starting on March, 7th. In Europe, the arrival on the shelves is scheduled for the following week.

The WW2 Wings of Glory series is an easy, fun to play, fast and furious system that recreates the aerial combat of that time, with innovative game mechanics that encompass planes with very different flight capabilities and firepower, while still keeping the flow of the combat simple and fun. Created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, the game was formerly published with the name “Wings of War” and has thousands of fans worldwide.

Each Airplane Pack features a ready-to-play model, painted and assembled, with a special base with gaming stats, a variable altitude flying stand, and a specific deck of maneuver cards. It’s not a complete game, so it’s necessary to have a WW2 Wings of Glory — Starter Set to play (which will be released in the next weeks) or an old set of WW2 game system – it’s completely compatible with them. The suggested retail price for the Airplane Packs is US$ 12,90.

I can confirm this. I just got a call from my distributor and the Wings of Glory WW2 planes should be here soon. We should ship in time for the 7 March release date. Hopefully the WW2 Starter Set will be coming shortly thereafter, but I have no information about this. We have no additional information about the WW1 bombers at this point.

Good news all round then. Out in GB. in time for my birthday.
    Rob.

Sorry guys the SHH on my post of the 23rd ment quiet as it was a different game. Din't mean the other S word.

I think a PATIENCE medal should be created for the wait everyone has had for these planes. They say patients is a virtue so maybe a call it a Virtue medal. Maybe a halo over a P-40?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Fredrik
    Sorties Flown

Is wings of glory going to be a diffrent game compare to Wings of War?

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerRanger View Post
    Is wings of glory going to be a diffrent game compare to Wings of War?
    Not according to Ares Fredrik.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast