Ares Games

Thread: Wings of Glory WWII Starter Set - release date and price

Default Wings of Glory WWII Starter Set - release date and price

Just got this from Ares Games:

WW2 Wings of Glory Starter Set available in stores starting from March 19th

Ares Games announces that the complete game with all needed to start to play is now shipping to North America distributors and shortly afterwards will be released in Europe

Camaiore, Italy – March 13, 2012 – Following the Wings of Glory WW2 Airplane Packs, which started to reach the stores on March 7th, Wings of Glory WW2 Starter Set has arrived at Ares Games’ warehouse in the U.S. and is now shipping to North America distributors. The game will be available in U.S. and Canadian stores starting on March 19th, and will release across Europe shortly afterwards.

The Wings of Glory WW2 Starter Set is a complete game that includes everything needed to start playing the WW2 version of the system in few minutes. It features four airplanes - a P-40 Warhawk, a Yakovlev Yak-1, a Kawasaky Ki-61 and a Reggiane Re.2001 – with the maneuver decks, as well a rulebook including Basic, Standard and Advanced Rules, Optional Rules, and Scenarios. A full assortment of counters, tokens, rulers, and airplane console boards complete the set, which can be expanded with additional WW2 Airplane Packs to allow for larger battles with different airplanes.

The Wings of Glory WW2 products are distributed worldwide, in English language, by Ares Games. In Italy, Red Glove publishes the Italian editions of the game and distributes it. In Germany, the game is distributed exclusively by Heidelberger; in France, by Edge/Millennium; in the U.K., by Esdevium.

The suggested retail price for the Wings of Glory WW2 Starter Set is US$ 69,90. To know more about the planes included in the WW2 Starter Set and featured in the WW2 Airplane Packs, read the preview articles at Ares Games website – www.aresgames.eu.

Just found out that the German distributor Heidelberg also supplies my usual webstore ...so I'm good

I have my pre-order in with Milsims in Australia, likely another month before we will get our hands on the item down this way.

I have one on pre-order with our sponsor 12-7, and my squadron of p-40's are stuck on the ground there until clearance is given for the starter set...lol patiently waiting!

Lewd

Alex i had a Two Hour chat with Heidelberger, they have no clue when Ares will delivery WoG and they don´t know if ww2 will be avaible in germany at all.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by jhary View Post
    Alex i had a Two Hour chat with Heidelberger, they have no clue when Ares will delivery WoG and they don´t know if ww2 will be avaible in germany at all.
    Man that's a drag.

THey told me that the Newest info they had from Ares that War of ring is on Preorder now! The Rest will be lost in the Translation, under the Radar Nexus = Ares Same old Mistakes and Politics
    Last edited by jhary; 03-16-2012 at 18:26.

Just got the email last night that my order is complete! So I assume that means the box set is in and on its way! Yahoooooo! I am sooooooo Happy to have P-40's you have no Idea! I have been on this game since day one and a lot of years have passed with very little in the way of product being released! Now if we could have some P-51's, some F4U Corsair's and a few bombers like the B-17, or B-24 we would be in serious business! lol Would be very cool if they work in some Naval ships too! couple aircraft carriers like the Hornet and Enterprise! Could be some serious Pacific action! ok, I know I am dreaming here, but Imagine!

GRMBLL!!!

And as far as I know there is no distributor for Belgium...

Looks like I should get my planes next week if the 19th is the arelease of the Startes set.
    Last edited by BobP; 03-17-2012 at 14:33.

Starter is fantastic! Everything is just awesome and done really well!

Daniel you got your Starter? Means I should get my WHOLE set this week. I will never pre order and Wings again. I will wait until they are in the store.

Bob, why did you not like pre-ordering?

My starter set arrived today from 12-7-Games.
    Excellent service, we should all support this site.

Got mine from 12-7 today as well. I also picked one up at the LGS on Saturday.

...just doing my part to support Ares!

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Daniel you got your Starter? Means I should get my WHOLE set this week. I will never pre order and Wings again. I will wait until they are in the store.
    Yes, I received it today. I think now that Ares has gotten things rolling that things will be smoother in the future. I will be all over the WWII bombers later this summer.

still nothing for me as of yet... got the email last week...

Well, hopefully in the post tomorrow mate! It has been well worth the wait for sure. Ares has done a fantastic job and when you think about it, Ares was able to bring product to the market in a very fast amount of time. A lot of the initial delay was the rotting corpse of Nexus and the birth of a new company, not an easy feat by the way.

I implore you all to give Ares a pass on the delays of these first items and judge them on the products due out over the next few months. Obviously there were plenty of issues to overcome and hopefully things are ironed out and they will go smoothly going forward.

During the time before these products a lot of money was spent by Ares for production, as I am sure the R&D bill was already footed by Nexus. It behoves Ares to get product to market quickly to recoup spent assets so they can begin producing new product. I promise you the delays were as frustrating to them as they were to us.

Now if these issues continue months down the line as they did with Nexus, I wont be as understanding as I am now.

Thanks Ares for a quality product at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    Well, hopefully in the post tomorrow mate! It has been well worth the wait for sure. Ares has done a fantastic job and when you think about it, Ares was able to bring product to the market in a very fast amount of time. A lot of the initial delay was the rotting corpse of Nexus and the birth of a new company, not an easy feat by the way.

I implore you all to give Ares a pass on the delays of these first items and judge them on the products due out over the next few months. Obviously there were plenty of issues to overcome and hopefully things are ironed out and they will go smoothly going forward.

During the time before these products a lot of money was spent by Ares for production, as I am sure the R&D bill was already footed by Nexus. It behoves Ares to get product to market quickly to recoup spent assets so they can begin producing new product. I promise you the delays were as frustrating to them as they were to us.

Now if these issues continue months down the line as they did with Nexus, I wont be as understanding as I am now.

Thanks Ares for a quality product at a great price.
    Oh, I am not griping! I am thrilled that Ares has salvaged this awesome game! I have high hopes for what they "should" do going forward, but I am not upset with them for any delays as of yet! We all know who deserves the bulk of that blame! No need to even go there...lol

Gratefully,

Lewd!

Guys forgive this but I don't understand how NEXUS had everything in place then ARES takes over. I understand the delay for this aspect of the change over. Then rather then release 12 planes they decide to release 8 planes and OH a new starter set as if we don't have the rules to play the game. So now we get 8 models and a starter with the other 4 that were to be released in the whole set. They should have issued all 12 planes and for a starter 4 different paint schemes. After this there is a delay at customs. Now this Monday they are released. I remember placing my preorder back in Sept when I saw them listed. I have preordered other games before and had no problem but I will now wait until ARES actually releases the planes before I order them. 7 months has been some time to wait.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Well, I had a chance to buy the new WWII starter set last Friday at our FLGS, but I passed. I did not like the plane options, especially the french P-40. I do, however, have the USAAF P-40, Flying Tiger P-40, and the 'Ichikawa' Ki-61 which are all really good looking planes. I would like to see some SBD or TBD planes soon.

Lucky for you I had a Long frustrating Talk with the german distributor WW2 will not be released in Germany and if WW1 is coming is also not clear right now and when not before July. Every time i call up some thing else is. I hate all ready to talk with them but i have to from business.

Got my WW11 set yesterday from 12-7, can't wait to play.

I have a theory concerning why the distribution for Europe is FUBAR, but it treads perilously close to the verboten P-word....

My prayers go out to you guys in Europe. I know how long I had to wait so my heart goes out tot you.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

No flgs in the Vancouver area of canada have been able to get them yet.

The new WWII starter sets are availbale in FLGS in Tacoma and Oympia Washington!

James

I picked my up at the LGS last week here in Colorado.

Default WGS Starter arrived at Milsims Australia

For any Australia / NZ pilots who have pre-ordered through Milsims, I called them today and the product has just arrived at their warehouse.

Pre-orders will be posted out this week.

Unfortunately the pre-order demand took all of their available sets so they are now on backorder.

They have however reduced the cost on the WW2 Series 3 aircraft to AUD13.00 each.

Cheers,

Carl.

It has showed up in my FLGS. Son just showed me a photo of it on the shelf.

Hope this is the only Delux set that Ares puts out unless there are different planes in such a set. Prefer the Nexus way at 3 copies of 4 different planes.

The new WWII starter set with miniatures is for sale online in the Czech Republic for the equivalent of almost 80 $ as opposed to 45.25 $ in the 12-7-Games online shop.

If this is an indication of the new price difference between US and EU, it is going to hurt us, seriously.

Its even worse listprice is 80€ in Eu that is around 120$. why did you think i ordered my by 12-7 ok costum wanted 10€ but it was still cheaper then here.

Its even worse listprice is 80€ in Eu that is around 120$. why did you think i ordered my by 12-7 ok costum wanted 10€ but it was still cheaper then here.
    I agree with jhary. Thats something i don't understand. A lot of times, games that are produced or invented in europe are much more cheaper in the states the in the EU. And some games...when i am looking for my kids...produced in the states, are much much more cheaper here in germany...games from Hasbro f.e.. That so crazy. And i don't think it is about the number of games that are bought from the sellers.
    But yeah, even with customs it is cheaper to buy in the US.

Crysagon

Small example with Priece I ordered the Starter set by our Sponsor
    The Cost with Shipment where $68,57 in Euro rounded 54€ i was unlucky because the german costum wanted Money 10€ so i got the starter set for a total of 64€ . Here is the Priece 80€(oficial Priece Heidelberger) and some Shops here deliver not for Free. So i saved 16 Euro
    My Wife Ordered for me 4 Planes each for $8,25 plus shipment a Total of $46,90 or in Euro 33€, Here Cost one Plane 13€(oficial Price Heidelberger) again a save of money, this time 19€.

Total save 33€ or in planes enoutgh to buy the rest 4 planes.