Ares Games
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Over the Trenches Officer's Mess

Providence Sqn Ldr, providence. The tides of history don't lie. If it is written down, or in this case drawn, it must be fact.

It's just a pity you can't see the "Bulldog or empty gin bottles.
    If I had waited till April 1st. to post this you would think I had made it up.
    Rob.

The likeness is uncanny! Kyte: a man for the ages!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You mean 'for the aged' !!
    Had to go there, didn't you? I originally was going to say a man ahead of his time, but then realized I had it backwards which would mean he was BEHIND his times...

I'm very confused now.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Imagine my suprise whilst I was reading "No Parachute" by Arthur Gould Lee and came across the fact that he served in 52 Sq.
    Even more astounding was the sketch from their song book.
    Note the aircraft in the top LH corner.

Attachment 108207

Uncanny or what!
    Rob.
    Just another case of Truth is stranger than fiction!

Imagine my suprise whilst I was reading "No Parachute" by Arthur Gould Lee and came across the fact that he served in 52 Sq.
    Even more astounding was the sketch from their song book.
    Note the aircraft in the top LH corner.

Attachment 108207

Uncanny or what!
    Rob.
    Impressive!
    And who said there is no time machine possible! Once you are there next time, Rob please try to find the truth about Ball's death, right?

and who shot Richtofen, JR and possible Kennedy if the tardis is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Impressive!
    And who said there is no time machine possible! Once you are there next time, Rob please try to find the truth about Ball's death, right?

...next weeks Euro lottery numbers and as many original series aircraft as you can carry then back to the future for the next series releases !!

Dream on chaps, dream on.
    I'm going back to find out what actually happened to my Gramaphone!
    Kyte.

Dash the mini's bring back as many real size aircraft as you can push through the time vortex tunnel/portal. I think we swapped the Gramaphone for a block of Belgian Cheese and 2 crates of guiness, for the last mess do.

...next weeks Euro lottery numbers and as many original series aircraft as you can carry then back to the future for the next series releases !!

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Dash the mini's bring back as many real size aircraft as you can push through the time vortex tunnel/portal. I think we swapped the Gramaphone for a block of Belgian Cheese and 2 crates of guiness, for the last mess do.
    That makes far more sense than the story I got in the Mess about Balders flying it over Hunland and dropping it on the Krauts.
    Kyte.

I think that's who we got the cheese and Guiness from. They wanted a quick return or their goods back...Balders came up with the quickest means of delivery. And no postage to pay either.

That makes far more sense than the story I got in the Mess about Balders flying it over Hunland and dropping it on the Krauts.
    Kyte.

*DING-A-LING* *DING-A-LING*

"Guten tag? Rittmeister Schneider? Major Schweppenburg....what?!? No, I don't know why your phone sounds so odd...perhaps a bad connection...nonetheless, what a showing your men are giving! Twisting, turning, they aren't making it easy for the Amerikaners! It seems like this dogfight has gone on 9 1/2 hours so far! The final bomber is about 1/3 of the way across No-Man's Land with 2/3 to go to out lines, so you should have a report soon..."

Ha, ha, ha...I am sure you guys train how to beat an ace in mission 7th (joking). Frankly speaking I played the mission just once and won... and even posted the AAR, but Neil the Devil pointed out I had missed the "first pilot hit" rule of the ace, so I deleted the thread. Neil.
    I could not the stand the fact my pilot got a chance of survival and scoring a kill because I had broken (not on purpose) the special mission rule...
    Tried it two times afterwards... It is a kind of a VERY HARD puzzle...
    OK. As we say the third time is the last time. Tomorrow I will try the mission for the last time and THAT time I will post the result no matter the final is.
    What I want to say, it is a kind of impossible mission because of the enemy ace abilities... My tactics is - - - to stay out of HIS arc of fire!

My apologies Andy. You should have let the result stand not fly it over and over again. I do apologise.

Frankly speaking I played the mission just once and won... and even posted the AAR, but Neil the Devil pointed out I had missed the "first pilot hit" rule of the ace, so I deleted the thread. Neil.
    I could not the stand the fact my pilot got a chance of survival and scoring a kill because I had broken (not on purpose) the special mission rule...

NO! Neil, I would not forgive myself not obeing the rules of this engagement! (If my poor English skill...). It allowed me to try this bloody scenario over and over agian! THANK YOU.

I wrote the mission briefing in big letters and marked the important parts with red colour.

Good luck for your 4th run, wingman.

I hope Fonk is French toast after this encounter.

Good luck Andy - Hals und bein gebroch !

Well I have got my mission 7 AAR up at last but the PC will be heading back to the maintenance hanger today - start up issues - so I will be on limited ops again over the weekend & next week using my sons laptop (daughter has returned & taken the iPad home !).

Well I have got my mission 7 AAR up at last but the PC will be heading back to the maintenance hanger today - start up issues - so I will be on limited ops again over the weekend & next week using my sons laptop (daughter has returned & taken the iPad home !).
    I followed your iPad story, Dave Mine one is also in my daughter's possession

Fair enough - mine's 21 & nicked it from her boyfriend who, get this, won it in a prize draw he didn't even know he was entered in. Lucky Git !

Quick update on #5: All pics edited & I've made all of my selections before uploading, rather than after like I usually do. Will upload tomorrow night & then begin the writing of the AAR.

Hi comrades.

Tomorrow I'll leave Bavaria for a week.

Two comrades celebrate their birthdays (50th & 40th) in a little house in Sweden and invited a few friends. (no electricity, no water & ****house - is ****house or outhouse the correct word )

I'm part of a supply unit. We start from Schweinfurt/Bavaria with a VW bus. A comrade, me and 150 liter Bavarian beer.

It's a 1440 km road trip throug Germany, Danmark and Sweden. Think we'll drive 18 hours. I knew this because we did this tour once in 2003.

For shure I'm offline the whole week.

Road Trip !! Have a very good time Sven - at least the 150 litres won't be going back with you - just don't eat yellow snow

Have a great time Sven.
    Are you quite sure that 150 litres be enough?
    Rob.

I can see a refill just before the Danish border coming, probably one before too and one after...have a great time.

Road Trip !! Have a very good time Sven - at least the 150 litres won't be going back with you - just don't eat yellow snow
    didnt know you were a Frank Zappa fan Dave

Sound Epic, got to see the photos!!!!!!

Have a great time, Sven Sweden is beautiful. Which part of the country/village will you be staying in?
    I spent some spring/summer months in Skane in 90-ies biking/driving and working as a student. Very friendly people, good food, excellent cakes, dark blue nights.
    One of the nicest little towns I stayed in was Gladsax, which means...Happyscissors

The house is near Munkfors in the province of Värmsland.

It stands lonley in the wood, so no one will disturb our party.

Thank you for the good wishes comrades, maybe I can post a picture if it will not be cencored.

Have a great time Sven, look forward to the photos.

Lonely in the wood! By Jove! Be careful then! I can picture Strangers coming out of the woods (or I have been reading to much of the Game of Thrones recently...)

Andy I think we may need to put Trev's name forward for inclusion into the Final Months Campaign, to that end if Trev is in agreement:

I would formally like to put Trev (aka Brambo) forward as an active participant in the OtT Final Months Campaign.

Yes, it would be fine, but how about taking over fast.git's characters by him? They are "ready to use" and I do not think fast.git would raise an objection. What the others think?

Hey you sneaky Huns subbing pilots during half time , is that allowed Next thing you know it will be a penelty shoot out for top Ace

Just so you guys know, I'm happy to wait until you finish this campaign, your on Mission 7 I think, so well into it. I am going through your earlier missions, so plenty to keep me occupied.

Have a great time, Sven Sweden is beautiful. Which part of the country/village will you be staying in?
    I spent some spring/summer months in Skane in 90-ies biking/driving and working as a student. Very friendly people, good food, excellent cakes, dark blue nights.
    One of the nicest little towns I stayed in was Gladsax, which means...Happyscissors
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqLDmSjqZ4U

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Just so you guys know, I'm happy to wait until you finish this campaign, your on Mission 7 I think, so well into it. I am going through your earlier missions, so plenty to keep me occupied.
    Join in if there is an empty place, Brambo.

We do one mission a month - this is a long time to wait.

Thanks Sven, I thought it was one a week

Welcome to the campaign Trev. Fast.git only played Mission 1: Fill your boots I would also add you could play 2,3,4,5,6,7. And still catch us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Welcome to the campaign Trev. Fast.git only played Mission 1: Fill your boots I would also add you could play 2,3,4,5,6,7. And still catch us up.
    Thanks Neil, I'll do that then, start with mission 2. Do I use Fast.git's roster and AI opponents from the Bulldog Reserve Squadron?

Yes, it would be fine, but how about taking over fast.git's characters by him? They are "ready to use" and I do not think fast.git would raise an objection. What the others think?
    I'm ok with it, as long as he wasn't planning on returning, as I BELIEVE was the case. Dave would have to confirm for sure, as it was he who made the announcement.

Thanks Sven, I thought it was one a week
    Oh thank heveans no! At the rate SOME of us move, , 1 a month is enough, (not for lack of WANTING to play more mind you... )

Thanks Neil, I'll do that then, start with mission 2. Do I use Fast.git's roster and AI opponents from the Bulldog Reserve Squadron?
    That sounds like the plan as long as no one else has any objections. Welcome aboard Trev!

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Hey you sneaky Huns subbing pilots during half time , is that allowed Next thing you know it will be a penelty shoot out for top Ace
    It's not like were not already winning anyway...

Thanks Rob, I will go ahead with the plan starting with Mission 2 and post it as an AAR, then if somebody does object then don't include it in the Campaign. I will still enjoy it, included or not.

Go for it Trev. Welcome aboard.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Hi comrades.

Tomorrow I'll leave Bavaria for a week.

Two comrades celebrate their birthdays (50th & 40th) in a little house in Sweden and invited a few friends. (no electricity, no water & ****house - is ****house or outhouse the correct word )

I'm part of a supply unit. We start from Schweinfurt/Bavaria with a VW bus. A comrade, me and 150 liter Bavarian beer.

It's a 1440 km road trip throug Germany, Danmark and Sweden. Think we'll drive 18 hours. I knew this because we did this tour once in 2003.

For shure I'm offline the whole week.
    Gee Sven you should come to Australia if you are up to road trips of that length.
    You could drive from my place up to sunny Queensland.
    Hope you enjoy yourselves. Hope you took some Schnapps along for any cold nights.

Smile

Lonely in the wood! By Jove! Be careful then! I can picture Strangers coming out of the woods (or I have been reading to much of the Game of Thrones recently...)
    Or episodes of "Grimm"!

Thanks Rob, I will go ahead with the plan starting with Mission 2 and post it as an AAR, then if somebody does object then don't include it in the Campaign. I will still enjoy it, included or not.

Well done that man. Good to have you on board.
    Welcome to the strange but compelling world that is OTT.
    Kyte.

Hold your horses there fella.
    Now the poor sod who administers the campaign has finally found out about this (rather than being asked, told or given a heads up I hasten to add) then he will have his say:
    I object in principle - there must be a limit - I'd like to be consulted first before anyone is told to 'fill their boots' - that way anarchy lies; if we all invited someone that way I'd be running 20+ pilot sheets by the end of the week, though most of them would drop out after a few games like last time !

Having said that, we have vacancies now & I think Trev has proven his commitment by wading into the original campaign so I'd welcome him to the fold.

Trev - you can be Hun or Tommy - pick a side & PM me six names of scout pilots, two names of Two-seater pilots & two names of observers, I will assign your enemy pilots. Fast.Git & Lloydthegamer have been withdrawn from the game for their own reasons & I won't allow use of their personal pilots just in case they want to return - doubtful though that may be now - but their opponents are replacements & fair game !

How you go about this I can't say - if you want to start from mission 1, have time and can blast through quickly to catch up go for it, if you want to start with mission 7 or 8 that's fine too and may be easier for you - just let me know which !!

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast