Ares Games
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Over the Trenches Officer's Mess

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Paul alias Tikkifriend accomplished his 500th sortie.

Well done & congratulation, Captain!

I hope we get a few drinks for free.

Congratulations Paul. Your contributions are most appreciated.

Paul alias Tikkifriend accomplished his 500th sortie.

Well done & congratulation, Captain!
    Bien fait, Paul!

Mike

Thank you for noticing
    Paul

Congratulations Capitaine Paul.
    You will soon be commanding your own Squadron at this rate.
    Make mine a G&T just for a change.
    Kyte.

News update Ron Curtis has been found, alive and somewhat Brahms and Liszt
    He will be flying the next mission assuming Kyte does not ground him for loosing hiis plane

Ps this has been aproved by the chief MO and dice roler Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Congratulations Capitaine Paul.
    You will soon be commanding your own Squadron at this rate.
    Make mine a G&T just for a change.
    Kyte.
    They are on the Bar waitng for you ( Ron bought the round hoping to curry favour)
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    News update Ron Curtis has been found, alive and somewhat Brahms and Liszt
    He will be flying the next mission assuming Kyte does not ground him for loosing hiis plane Ps this has been aproved by the chief MO and dice roler Sven
    Excellent news Paul !

It's been a good week so far - got the UK T-shirt from Rob, an Oleislagers Camel from evil bay, picked up a Gotha at Cavalier 2013 for Ł20 & some KR cases, and today I received all the WoW box sets from evil bay; FotG was mint, cards sealed, counters unpunched, all at less than Ł15 a box. Happy daze !

Well done that man.
    Does this success justify a trip to the Mess? Hint, hint.
    Kyte.

Ah it was you who out bid me

Sadly I missed the Goering D.VII that went for just over 16 quid .... was that you ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Sadly I missed the Goering D.VII that went for just over 16 quid .... was that you ?!!
    Sadly no only got Udets red stripy thing

A proposal for the start of the Late War Campaign.

Would it make sense to put some headline threads back to the normal threads, when the new Campaign starts?

No. 52 Squadron The Bulldogs

All the 'Over The Trenches' Campaign Missions.

"Kaiser's Eagles" Jasta

Ace Abilities for the Over the Trenches Campaign

Campaign Rules

The needed informations should be in this threads:

All The 'Final Months' OTT Campaign Scenarios

Final Months Rule Amendments.

By the way, where are the new rosters?

The rosters are on the spreadsheet Sven where they've always been - just a different page ! You will find your flight on the Kaisers Eagles Final Months sheet, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will find your opposition pilots. If you would like other pilots let me know. Cheers Dave

Winter was wounded in a collision 6 pts damage. RTB.
    Rob.
    1d12 → [6] = (6) + 3 RTB = All went well!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3966887/

Just a question to the Huns.

Who is the commanding officer of the late war Kaiser's Eagles?

A proposal to honour or most original (German) Eagle player:

Kommandant Rittmeister Alois Schymalla, EKI & EKII

Any other opinions?
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 03-11-2013 at 01:46.

Has to be 1 of these 3, rank wise. I would plum for Wilhelm Schneider as he is an Ace.

Rittmeister Alois Schymalla
    Rittmeister Johann Kroll
    Rittmeister Wilhelm Schneider (Ace)

I would definitely vote for Herr Schneider, for obvious reasons

I can live with Rittmeister Wilhelm Schneider as Jasta commander.

It's an honour.

Replacements for Evans and Dodgson will arrive in the morning.
    In light of today's action I have decided to promote Frank Winter to fly Scouts. His two seater replacements drafted from the Home establishment will be a Lt. Broderick Ford. and Sgt. Brian Lee.
    Please make them welcome in the Mess when they arrive.
    Kyte.

Wreath and condolence card sent to 52 Sqn with full details of the military funeral with honours for the 2 gallant airmen. Location of burial given for future reference.

Just Ten days left to get your mission two posted chaps !

Hope you can all get it done but if you can't please let us know - Lloyd is next in the frame for scenario creation !

Just Ten days left to get your mission two posted chaps !

Hope you can all get it done but if you can't please let us know - Lloyd is next in the frame for scenario creation !
    I should be flying mine this weekend, with AAR to follow ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I should be flying mine this weekend, with AAR to follow ASAP.
    Ditto Played another great skype game with Mike in Canada , Alister in Australia and Andy (nightbomber) in Poland. Epic .

We have 50% of the AARs so far. Am I right?
    33% actually Sven hence the prod !

Quick update, my factory has been so busy attempting to produce aircraft that I did not fly mission #2 this weekend.

HOWEVER, I think I am calling a brief halt in production & am going to try & complete the mission one night this week (or two if I have to break it up in two parts!)

Another update: Got a late start on the remaining work on the 3rd Halberstadt tonight & still have a couple more hours work to go on it. Will take one last stab at it tomorrow night after work & hopefully fly the missions the following night. If I don't get it done tomorrow night, I'm gonna throw in the towel & just use cards. Wish me luck.

You can always start with two and when one gets shot down bring it on as the third !!!
    We can wait though Rob.

You can always start with two and when one gets shot down bring it on as the third !!!
    We can wait though Rob.
    I appreciate that. I got an unexpected early start this am, got to put some time in, & have it finished except the peg, matte finish, & a little smoothing up, so I may even get to fly the 1st half of the mission tonight!

One more quick update from me: Part One flown last night & it was FANTASTIC! If I do say so myself I think (hope) y'all will find it worth waiting for. I could have done part 2 last night as well, but I spent a lot of time before Part 1 documenting the construction of another Photo Backdrop (which was used in the mission) for a "How-To" article I'm going to try & post over the weekend.

Also, I'll tease everyone by saying I flew a sort of "prolog" mission first that also kind of ties in the previous mission, & incorperates some earlier ideas I had for this one, as a "bonus" for everone who has been so gracious with how long this is taking.

SO, if the fates are kind you'll get THREE AAR'S & a How-To (possibly TWO of them!) from me this weekend! I hope to pull off a trifecta of missions w/ part 2 tonight because the two others have been humdingers IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    ...SO, if the fates are kind you'll get THREE AAR'S & a How-To (possibly TWO of them!) from me this weekend!...
    Typical Yank... turns up late but makes up for it with numbers and fighting spirit !!

Better late than never....can't wait for the epic.

Can't wait for this Rob. It sounds enthralling.
    Rob.
    Thanks! I hope you all enjoy it.

Typical Yank... turns up late but makes up for it with numbers and fighting spirit !!
    I don't know what to say...thanks? Guilty as charged? Both?

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Better late than never....can't wait for the epic.
    Part 2 flown last night. I hope I did good. It was a hard one to manage the details on, as there is a LOT on. I have a feeling I may have missed a rule here or there, like a rudder jam or no straights while on fire, but I did the best I could & had a lot of fun. Great scenario. Coordinating the three 2-seaters & planning their moves to fly in formation was challenging & thrilling. Enjoyed thoroughly Going to start working on the AAR's tonight!

Dear comrades, Saturday morning Marechallannes is leaving the front for a week of Heimaturlaub in Tyrol/Austria.

No Internet there, so I'll be online Sunday 2nd June (my bithday) again.

Dear comrades, Saturday morning Marechallannes is leaving the front for a week of Heimaturlaub in Tyrol/Austria.
    No Internet there, so I'll be online Sunday 2nd June (my bithday) again.
    Have a good time Sven, all being well you will be back refreshed and ready for mission 4 & a round of drinks in the Mess to celebrate your birthday !

Do have a great time in Austria Sven.
    I trust that the Flik's Officers will give you a good time in their Mess.
    Rob.

IS it time to introduce some Snipes into the 52Sq given that the next Scenario is in May /June

IS it time to introduce some Snipes into the 52Sq given that the next Scenario is in May /June
    Bit early yet Paul.
    The first operational Squadron to get Snipes was 43 in August 18.
    Rob.

Bit early yet Paul.
    The first operational Squadron to get Snipes was 43 in August 18.
    Rob.
    As I thought .They were in production but I was'nt quite sure when they were operational. Next mission then

As I thought .They were in production but I was'nt quite sure when they were operational. Next mission then
    SEPTEMBER: Sopwith Snipes - 43 sqn received first on 30 August 1918. After spending much of September training, it flew its first operational patrols equipped with the Snipe on 24 September 1918.
    So quite a bit longer wait than the next mission .... you have time to build a squadron Paul !

Doh Time to paint them up though.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Andrzej for the superb emblem of The Kaiser's Eagles which he has sent to me and which arrived in the post today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3818.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	91974

I shall wear it with pride at Partizan tomorrow.
    Rob.

Sorry to have to ask yet again chaps, but can anyone point me to the up to date short Rosta for the Bulldogs. All I have bookmarked is the full rosta and this does not seem to be up to date.
    Rob.

The spreadsheet is bang up to date Rob as I update it daily - haven't seen a short roster since we finished the last campaign unless someones got one running on the QT

The spreadsheet is bang up to date Rob as I update it daily - haven't seen a short roster since we finished the last campaign unless someones got one running on the QT
    Sorry then Dave. I must be that far out of date with the threads that I did not even notice that there was no short rosta anymore. As for the full one I can only apologise to you for maligning your efforts. I will go back and check it out more carefully.
    Rob.

I think I may be looking at the wrong thing Dave.
    What I have bookmarked is:- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jNE1ZQnc#gid=0

If you have another set of stats for the later campaign will you please give me the right place to view them.
    Sorry to be a troublesome old giffer.
    Rob.

This is exactly the same bookmark/link I use, Rob.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast