Ares Games
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Over the Trenches Officer's Mess

To myself
    I'm Sorry Dave, I hurried up.
    But I really think there is a place for Brambo. I can help him rolling for casualties (for example) if that can be of help and he could also be kindly asked to fill the sheet of his pilots to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hold your horses there fella.
    Now the poor sod who administers the campaign has finally found out about this (rather than being asked, told or given a heads up I hasten to add) then he will have his say:
    I object in principle - there must be a limit - I'd like to be consulted first before anyone is told to 'fill their boots' - that way anarchy lies; if we all invited someone that way I'd be running 20+ pilot sheets by the end of the week, though most of them would drop out after a few games like last time !

Having said that, we have vacancies now & I think Trev has proven his commitment by wading into the original campaign so I'd welcome him to the fold.

Trev - you can be Hun or Tommy - pick a side & PM me six names of scout pilots, two names of Two-seater pilots & two names of observers, I will assign your enemy pilots. Fast.Git & Lloydthegamer have been withdrawn from the game for their own reasons & I won't allow use of their personal pilots just in case they want to return - doubtful though that may be now - but their opponents are replacements & fair game !

How you go about this I can't say - if you want to start from mission 1, have time and can blast through quickly to catch up go for it, if you want to start with mission 7 or 8 that's fine too and may be easier for you - just let me know which !!
    Ok the horse has stopped.

First off, sorry Dave, I didn't know who was running the show and my enthusiasm got the better of me. I appreciate your comments and understand your reasoning.
    I would like to play on the Hun side please.
    I have found out you play one mission a month, so I would like to start on Mission 1 and play catch up. Hopefully I should have caught up by the end of October, or sooner depending on work and SWMBO, hope this is acceptable. There are two reasons for this: 1. It will allow me to develop my pilots and learn how things are done. 2. Show commitment.
    I will PM you the names as requested.

Thanks again Dave

No worries Trev - you accepted invitations made & no blame attributed !
    Huns it is - already prepped the sheet - funny that !
    Would love you to play catch up for the same reasons so goggles down and get in there - just please write the Butchers Tally as per the rules !!

As it's been said before, I can be of help with after combat dice rolling, Trev. :thumbs up:
    Good luck on your missions.

I feel that I must shoulder the responsibility for the mix up. I came in part way through the stampede, and assumed, rather than checking that Flash had initiated the new member. We all know what assume does. It makes an ass out of U and me.
    I should have checked more fully.
    Sorry Dave, I should have headed the stampede off at the pass.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    To myself I'm Sorry Dave, I hurried up. But I really think there is a place for Brambo. I can help him rolling for casualties (for example) if that can be of help and he could also be kindly asked to fill the sheet of his pilots to help you.
    Thanks Andy - keep up the die rolls but leave the sheets to me please - Trevs pilots & crew are on the roster !

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I feel that I must shoulder the responsibility for the mix up. I came in part way through the stampede, and assumed, rather than checking that Flash had initiated the new member. We all know what assume does. It makes an ass out of U and me.
    I should have checked more fully.
    Sorry Dave, I should have headed the stampede off at the pass.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob - It's Pauls campaign rather than mine as he set the ball rolling but we do need to communicate on things like this before giving an OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    As it's been said before, I can be of help with after combat dice rolling, Trev. :thumbs up:
    Good luck on your missions.
    Thanks Andy, not sure how that bit works yet, I take it I post the AAR with butchers tally and then you roll the dice for crashes and such like?

You notice I tried to stop them Dave, since I'm such a good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Ok the horse has stopped.

First off, sorry Dave, I didn't know who was running the show and my enthusiasm got the better of me. I appreciate your comments and understand your reasoning.
    I would like to play on the Hun side please.
    I have found out you play one mission a month, so I would like to start on Mission 1 and play catch up. Hopefully I should have caught up by the end of October, or sooner depending on work and SWMBO, hope this is acceptable. There are two reasons for this: 1. It will allow me to develop my pilots and learn how things are done. 2. Show commitment.
    I will PM you the names as requested.

Thanks again Dave
    Whew! Tall order, I look forward to seeing your missions. You're obviously very committed. Lucky for me, I've already BEEN committed...

Welcome again, fellow Eagle.

Apologies to all fellow mess members (Dave, Trev, Andy, Rob et al)I stand on the silly stool with undies suitably draped over head waiting for the jolly old mess pranging game (I will try not to fall off the stool at the first wobble...although I admit to feeling a little tiddly). By the way Sqn Ldr whats the mess record?

Fill up chaps time to fly solo.....

Thanks Andy, not sure how that bit works yet, I take it I post the AAR with butchers tally and then you roll the dice for crashes and such like?
    Exactly this way, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    (I will try not to fall off the stool at the first wobble...although I admit to feeling a little tiddly). By the way Sqn Ldr whats the mess record?
    Just over three days Neil.
    Kyte.

Can I have another go then? I'm not so tiddly now (after just being sick in the geraniums, don't tell the adj; mums the word).

Can I have another go then? I'm not so tiddly now (after just being sick in the geraniums, don't tell the adj; mums the word).
    I hate to have to break this to you Neil, but we don't have any geraniums.
    Kyte.

Dahlias?
    No she doesn't have any either.
    Kyte.

Smile

No she doesn't have any either.
    Kyte.
    Hope his next guess is not Pink Elephant droppings!

Well what is that big potted plant just outside the mess side door?

Well what is that big potted plant just outside the mess side door?
    That my lad is the Adjutant's toupee on its wig stand waiting to be de-loused.
    Oh no! You didn't?
    Kyte.

Smile

That my lad is the Adjutant's toupee on its wig stand waiting to be de-loused.
    Oh no! You didn't?
    Kyte.
    Oh I think he did Mr. Kyte, I really think he did!

I will wash my mouth out with copious amounts of G&T's and volunteer for the Dawn Patrol tomorrow.

I will wash my mouth out with copious amounts of G&T's and volunteer for the Dawn Patrol tomorrow.
    I will accompany you my boy. On the first part of the excercise that is.
    Kyte.

I'm back hic.....cup

I'm back hic.....cup
    Just try not to be sick again this time, and if you are avoid the wig stand and wig, which has now been dry cleaned, disenfected, and fumigated.
    Kyte.

I'm back from Sweden comrades.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF6575.jpg  

Welcome back, Sven.

It's good to see you weren't thirsty while abroad.

Welcome back Sven, hope you had a good time. I see the bar is well stocked at your aerodrome

Good to have you back Sven, and just in time before the next months mission kicks off.
    I hope your trip was everything you could have wished for and more.
    Rob.

Welcome back, Sven! I see you were not loosing your time in the north

Good to see you back in one piece Sven - though it may not feel like it yet ??

Meet any Bears in the woods when you were out there, given you limited bathroom facilities?

Good to have you back Sven. Looks like you had a good trip!

Just heard today that my PC died on the table - after much investigation they finally tracked its issues to the mother board - it's Donald - so I will be having to fork out for something new - hope nothing else breaks (Compter/car/kettle in last few weeks). If I go dark at any time it will be 'cos my son has taken his laptop back & I haven't got the new machine yet !

Always happens in threes Dave

What happens in t'rees Sqn Ldr?

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Always happens in threes Dave

Will be dark from now for about a week - new machine on the way

You moving to north Norway for a while?

Will be dark from now for about a week - new machine on the way
    Roger that. Should have a mission flown & an AAR waiting for you when you get back,

Thumbs up

Depends on Who/What are in the Trees!

Hello my fellow OTT players.

I will be posting the next mission either tomorrow evening or on Wednesday. I have a few things I want to finalize, and then we'll be ready to go.

Cheers,
    Eric

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Koalas?
    Just so long its not their large cousins, DROPBEARS!

Chinese Box-kite or Wing?

Wonderful, Dave.

A new computer is always fun.

...if it works.

I'm back - new kite under me !
    Is this the thing you can launch "Rise of Flight" memory hog on now, Dave

Trees are woods and we know what bears do in them don't we ?!

Chinese Box-kite or Wing?
    Fighting of course.

Have a picnic?

Trees are woods and we know what bears do in them don't we ?!

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast