Ares Games
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1572

Thread: Over the Trenches Officer's Mess

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Sorry Chaps but real life and unfortunately death mean I will not be able to post either Mission 7 or 8 till mid March. Keep the Eagles flying lads.
    Paul
    Sorry for your loss Paul, we'll still be here when you can get back.

"He is wise who watches"

Really sorry to hear your news Paul.
    I join with Dave in sending you my best and prayers.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thinking of you and all around you, take care Paul.

Sorry to hear this Paul. Take care.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Very sorry to see this, Paul.
    Missions can wait, real life cannot.
    Hang in there.

My condolences Paul.

Hope everything goes smoothly - positive waves heading your way.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Sorry to hear about your loss Paul.
    Return when you can.

Just picked up on this Paul!
    Please accept my sincere Condolences.

Thanks for all those messages guys. Really appreciate it .

Step father was 87 with Altziemers and a poor quality of life towards the end, but had great care at home from the nurses which meant he could stay at home and I could take care of Mother.
    Thing is he was living here in France so paperwork, funeral getting a plot for the burial was a bit tricky, and as my mother is 85 and speaks little French the last couple of weeks have been manic for me and Mary .
    Now its just the legal junk to deal with so some solicitor /Notaire is going to get rich
    Hopefully back in the cockpit soon.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Paul! I only just picked up on this - soooo sorry to hear your news. Sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family. Strength for the coming months huh!

Had similar in the last few months with SWMBO's old man passing so feel your pain Paul.

"He is wise who watches"

May I inquire who is putting on the April show?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    May I inquire who is putting on the April show?
    Rob.
    According to the schedule Mikeemagnus is the man of the month. The lucky fellow gets to bring the Kaiserschlacht to the campaign.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 03-26-2017 at 04:40.

Smile

Looking forward to seeing what devilment Mike has in-store for us!

I have this weekend off, table has been cleared in preparation for the mission.

Hi Guys, sorry about the silence in recent days. Have had the family here celebrating someone's 70th Birthday Am now away until Wednesday, but I promise to be back in time to post the "devilment" It is all ready to fire up - and by way of a taster - you will need two mats; three friendly scouts; one friendly two seater; and three enemy scouts (that's correct, only three of the latter!!!! )

Catch you all in a day or two. Chau for now, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Hi Guys, sorry about the silence in recent days. Have had the family here celebrating someone's 70th Birthday Am now away until Wednesday, but I promise to be back in time to post the "devilment" It is all ready to fire up - and by way of a taster - you will need two mats; three friendly scouts; one friendly two seater; and three enemy scouts (that's correct, only three of the latter!!!! )

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Waiting with ham and cheese on whole wheat breath.

Surely not 70 Mike . Congrats and here's to you.

Thumbs up

Come on Mike "fess up" It was Your 70th wasn't it!

We will all now Sing Happy Birthday to Mike, Happy Birthday to Mike, Happy Birthday to You!

Cheers mate!

...and by way of a taster - you will need two mats; three friendly scouts; one friendly two seater; and three enemy scouts ...
    And you will need a D6

"He is wise who watches"

Fancy that two 70th birthdays within a week of each other Mike.
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Rob.

Smile

It almost sounds like---"Three French Hens, 2 turtle doves & an Albatross in a Pear Tree"!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    It almost sounds like---"Three French Hens, 2 turtle doves & an Albatross in a Pear Tree"!
    If your Albatross gets shot down near a pear tree?

Hahahaha hello - back again as promised

Surely not 70 Mike . Congrats and here's to you.
    'fraid so guys. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I can hear the singing from here

And you will need a D6
    or a D8 even and some smoke / fire and a camera

Fancy that two 70th birthdays within a week of each other Mike.
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Rob.
    And a jolly Happy Birthday to you too Rob

Really Rob three score years and 10.
    congrats and a little G&T at Donnie on me .
    Paul

Congrats to you two 70s leading the way. Hope you had great days.

Thanks chaps I did.
    How Mike did we will have to see when he reads this.
    Rob.

Happy BIG 7-0 to both of you, Mike and Rob.

Thumbs up

I already wished Mike Happy Birthday so now this one is for Rob!

Happy Birthday Rob!
    Have 7 G & T's on me! One for each Decade.

Oh what the heck! Have a few more Mate!

Happy birthdays gentlemen, here's to many more!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	220116
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 03-30-2017 at 17:43.

Rob, Mike, Seventy ? Seventy ? You don't look seventy .... though you must have once I suppose
    Congratulations you old war horses, you're in your prime.

"He is wise who watches"

Belated Happy Birthday to the both of yous!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks a bundle guys. Yep, had a wonderful time. Had all bar the Canadian based family over at the weekend and ate and drank too much - took em all out for a meal and also built sand castles on Dawlish Warren beach (Devon south coast) with the grand children. Weather was amazing! Yon and I then took ourselves off for a couple of days which included more eating and drinking plus a visit to Bovington Tank museum - Yon even pretended to enjoy that too Great time!
    Have now put the odd finishing touch to Mission 10 and written up my AAR for the same, complete with Butcher's Bill. Looking forward to posting it - just hope you enjoy it too! Chau for now and thanks again for the birthday wishes Mike

Drinks all round

PS Sorry Carl, couldn't see your attachment, but I'm sure it is great

Smile

Thanks a bundle guys. Yep, had a wonderful time. Had all bar the Canadian based family over at the weekend and ate and drank too much - took em all out for a meal and also built sand castles on Dawlish Warren beach (Devon south coast) with the grand children. Weather was amazing! Yon and I then took ourselves off for a couple of days which included more eating and drinking plus a visit to Bovington Tank museum - Yon even pretended to enjoy that too Great time!
    Have now put the odd finishing touch to Mission 10 and written up my AAR for the same, complete with Butcher's Bill. Looking forward to posting it - just hope you enjoy it too! Chau for now and thanks again for the birthday wishes Mike

Drinks all round
    But what about the BRF!!!!

Carl will be biting his nails to the quick! He has the weekend off to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Happy birthdays gentlemen, here's to many more!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	220116
    Fixed now, sorry about that. I was using my phone and mucked up the photo upload process.

In my defence at the time I was having a beer at the local pub!

But what about the BRF!!!!

Carl will be biting his nails to the quick! He has the weekend off to play the game.
    Let's see UK is ten hours behind Brisbane, which means it's quarter to one in the morning on 31 March, so you can post anytime now.

No pressure Mike

I am starting to think Carl has no life outside of WoG

Except drinking beer at least

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I am starting to think Carl has no life outside of WoG

Except drinking beer at least
    He does like a Beer but he likes Wings better!

Smile

Fixed now, sorry about that. I was using my phone and mucked up the photo upload process.

In my defence at the time I was having a beer at the local pub!
    Great photo Carl. Is it XXXX?

Great photo Carl. Is it XXXX?
    No Baz I can't drink that stuff anymore, chemicals do my head in.

This one is James Squire 150 Lashes, a very nice drop

Smile

No Baz I can't drink that stuff anymore, chemicals do my head in.

This one is James Squire 150 Lashes, a very nice drop

You are not wrong there Carl. They have it on tap at Moruya Golf Club where the Tractor & Machinery Club hold their monthly meetings.

Maps out, aircraft fuelled, armed and run out to the flight line, pilots dressed and ready.

OK Guys I can see you are getting all fueled up and ready to go. For the sake of those in more southern and easterly climes / time lines, I'll start to put it up now Here we go, here we go, here we go Bye the bye - great pic Carl. Beer looks inviting too

OK Guys I can see you are getting all fueled up and ready to go. For the sake of those in more southern and easterly climes / time lines, I'll start to put it up now Here we go, here we go, here we go Bye the bye - great pic Carl. Beer looks inviting too
    Awesome Mike

OK, all systems go If it flies as well as the average bus back then, I expect a few teething problems. So I shall check back at regular intervals throughout today, to give feedback on any problems / ambiguities etc etc daka daka daka daka

Not around tomorrow though. Taking my son-in-law, Tom, fishing, as part of his birthday gift

Cheers for now,

Mike

Just read it through, I think I have it down. Just to confirm, the player's side always deploys the two seater?

Edit: I just re-read the briefing, all good, it was the RE.8 reference that threw me for a bit. Maybe change to RE.8 (Entente player) / Rumpler (Central Powers player)?

I like the mission, can't wait to for 'game on!'
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 03-31-2017 at 05:33.

Yep,
    I tried to stick to the use of "Friendly" and "Enemy" rather than "Entente" or "Central Powers" but I agree - the use of the nomenclature "RE8" is ambiguous.
    So for the benefit of other players: If you are playing as a Central Powers pilot, then the two seater is a Rumpler, as Carl suggests, or other suitable aircraft. It will be defended by two CP scouts and a third CP scout will attack the ground targets. The Entente will therefore only have the three opposing scouts.

And I guess the Italians would use a Savoia-Pomilio for the two seater (is that correct Rob?). I did assume that this would work for the Italian front, but if not, it could be assumed that the Italians were present on the Western Front, as they were later in the year to my knowledge. Sorry, not very clued up on the Italian involvement.

Anyhow, cheers Carl. Hope it goes well for you. looking forward to reading your usual excellently written AAR. Mike

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast