Ares Games
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1572

Thread: Over the Trenches Officer's Mess

For those lucky blighters with ace skills I have added notes to the ace skills section of your pilots on the spreadsheet so that you may remind yourselves of the skill when selecting pilots without having to look it up in the rules sticky. I thankyou

Mission 4 is a done deal, just got to right it up and post, sorry for the delay.

Guys,

Im writing up mission 4 and realised I made a mistake in interrupting the rules. It thought balloons exploded when they reached their maximum damage and anything touching received 1*A damage card.

I was pretty tired by the end of the game (2nd time I've played it and made mistakes in that one too) and I had a plane under it when it came down and I dealt that plane 1*A damage card. Now according to the rules if the balloon explodes its 2*A.

Now what shall I do? I can shuffle the deck and issue one more A damage card to the plane and if it comes down it comes down or not include the damage from the balloon in the AAR.

You guys choose

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    Guys,

Im writing up mission 4 and realised I made a mistake in interrupting the rules. It thought balloons exploded when they reached their maximum damage and anything touching received 1*A damage card.

I was pretty tired by the end of the game (2nd time I've played it and made mistakes in that one too) and I had a plane under it when it came down and I dealt that plane 1*A damage card. Now according to the rules if the balloon explodes its 2*A.

Now what shall I do? I can shuffle the deck and issue one more A damage card to the plane and if it comes down it comes down or not include the damage from the balloon in the AAR.

You guys choose
    Your call Flash my lad!

For the record the balloon was not on fire when it reached its maximum damage but for some reason I. thought they gave 1*A damage when they came down to any aircraft overlapping them.

So Flash - I'm at your mercy and happy either way as it could really spice things up one way or another

Interesting question - The rules state:
    If a balloon explodes (because of an explosion special damage result or because it takes too much damage while on fire), two A damage cards are taken by each airplane within a half-ruler of distance on the balloon's altitude level, and by all airplanes overlapping the balloon at one altitude level just above or below it.
    The important bit I see being: or because it takes too much damage while on fire. As I read this - if it wasn't on fire it didn't explode, it just deflated, so there would be no 'explosion damage' to be dealt out.

However, to save messing about, in your particular circumstance James your kite was underneath the collapsing balloon so it might be struck by falling cables or some such debris that might have damaged something so you could leave as is with one A damage or remove it if you want.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Dave.......that makes sense and can be added to the story line without the need for taking additional photos.

I was actually hoping you'd tell me to take an extra damage card

Looking back this is only the 15th game of WOW I've actually played so thank you to all of you for your patients when it comes to my questions and mistakes.

Hey, we all miss things - as we play mission with rules not used every outing things get overlooked, forgotten, misinterpreted and things go wrong but we learn from mistakes, and how many of us reread the pertinent rules every time we take off and how many of us remembered that if it ain't burning it don't go bang ? I didn't - so something re learnt & bonus for all !
    And a refreshing, if slightly disturbing, attitude to actually want to take more damage !

It's getting to the point where I'm trying very hard to get my pilots killed.... they just don't want to bloody die! I might have to resort for shooting them for cowardice for leaving the battlefield!

Well assign Machin to home leave or a propaganda tour in Berlin and get Spatz und Reiher into action and develop their stories - many of us 'spread the love' between our pilots, most of mine have done two missions now.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Well assign Machin to home leave or a propaganda tour in Berlin and get Spatz und Reiher into action and develop their stories - many of us 'spread the love' between our pilots, most of mine have done two missions now.
    Yes I really like that idea!

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    It's getting to the point where I'm trying very hard to get my pilots killed.... they just don't want to bloody die! I might have to resort for shooting them for cowardice for leaving the battlefield!
    That is really funny James.
    I was a bit concerned that so many of my pilots got through two campaigns of the late war.
    Now I am desperate to keep Kyte alive so that the continuity between early battles and later ones is not compromised by him being dead at the time of his later escapades.
    He must not accrue many victories either, or he will have more than he ended up with at the end of the war.
    To me, the story line has now become more important than notching up victories. I think that I have found a way out of the mire, now I've flown my own sortie against the Zep, but you will have to wait for me to post it this weekend coming, as I'm very busy till then.
    rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ah, the old home posting recruiting ploy then is it?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Ah, the old home posting recruiting ploy then is it?
    Got it in one Neil.
    Rob.

Sorry chaps but I have run out of time to play Robs mission. Currently Awol from base on a secret mission hic hic with no models to fly due to baggage restrictions( my wife packed ad Ryan airr have a 10kg limit pp)

Ps how did the Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and John Bonham game go at Doncaster? sorry I missed it.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Pics are all up under the Table 1 thread Paul. It was fantastic, you missed a real climax to a great weekend. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Sorry chaps but I have run out of time to play Robs mission. Currently Awol from base on a secret mission hic hic with no models to fly due to baggage restrictions( my wife packed ad Ryan airr have a 10kg limit pp)

Ps how did the Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and John Bonham game go at Doncaster? sorry I missed it.

PS: I think we lost John Bonham, but he went down a storm, in the mist near a high mountain. Or was it a low duck pond?

PS: I think we lost John Bonham, but he went down a storm, in the mist near a high mountain. Or was it a low duck pond?
    Thats what happens when the levee breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Sorry chaps but I have run out of time to play Robs mission....
    You may not be alone in that quandary Paul !
    There is just over a week to go so we may yet see some more Zep action - Anthony (Tusekine) is in the chair for October with the Jun16 period

Being dumb and a Takem where is thread 1 Neil

Can't play Rob's Zepp scenario until well into October now. Start work on Friday yahooo, start day at last. Plus the builders are in, well if they got here today they would be putting in our new kitchen!

Great news about the job Neil The only thing about work is it is the curse of the gamer

Can't play Rob's Zepp scenario until well into October now. Start work on Friday yahooo, start day at last. Plus the builders are in, well if they got here today they would be putting in our new kitchen!
    Very happy about your new job, Neil!
    Keep us posted about what it is and if you're happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Thanks Dave, with all us overseas players there forgot it was a UK wing bash

Good News: Start Date confirmed Friday. Basic Maintenance Worker at an Old Peoples Home. Part Time. Just what I wanted/needed.

Bad News: Builder didn't turn up and says he might not make tomorrow either!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Very happy about your new job, Neil!
    Keep us posted about what it is and if you're happy with it.

Nice. You'll still have time for our little hobby!
    More than I have...

Good News: Start Date confirmed Friday. Basic Maintenance Worker at an Old Peoples Home. Part Time. Just what I wanted!
    Great to hear, I started at sainsburys on Monday.

Congrats Si and Neil - more money for WoG?

You haven't met swmbo, yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post

Nearly 2 months without an AAR posted, withdrawal symptoms...must get a game in, must get a game in.

Yes, you must but you're not alone !!

I'm waiting on my Zep to play this one so might be Oct. before I get to play this one. I might actually play the other Prequel that I didn't play and see if I can weave it in to the story line.

I've been building and painting way to much and not enough play!

Nearly 2 months without an AAR posted, withdrawal symptoms...must get a game in, must get a game in.
    Think you might get some of the old Biddies and Gagies interested in WoW , then you can combine work and hobby at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    If only Brian, might be worse, it's pt same as Neil, an I'm now paying Ł80 a month for travel. We'll have to see. I am enjoying it, people can be in to much of a hurry (fair enough), but there are some crackers (and some are really crackers, So I fit right in! ).

Gentlemen,
    I fear I have been called away from the front for a spell. It pains me to have to put my involvement in this campaign on hold, but I see no other way. I bought a fixer-upper house to give my family a bit more space a few months ago, and it has been consuming all of my time. So my gaming time and budget has been reduces to nil. I thought I could still slip a game in every once in a while, but it just isn't happening.

Once I get it all fixed up and moved, I hope to pick back up and fly again. Until then, may the boom cards fall on the enemy, and may your aim be true.

Quote Originally Posted by diceslinger View Post
    Gentlemen,
    I fear I have been called away from the front for a spell. It pains me to have to put my involvement in this campaign on hold, but I see no other way. I bought a fixer-upper house to give my family a bit more space a few months ago, and it has been consuming all of my time. So my gaming time and budget has been reduces to nil. I thought I could still slip a game in every once in a while, but it just isn't happening.

Once I get it all fixed up and moved, I hope to pick back up and fly again. Until then, may the boom cards fall on the enemy, and may your aim be true.
    Sorry to see you go but there are more important things. Did I just say that?
    You should practice you Arnold Schawrzenegger voice, "I'll be baaaach."

Go slowly come back quickly, you'll be missed. Hope the R&R goes well and don't worry you can have my dawn patrol when you get back.

Neil

Gentlemen,

Speaking of R&R, our Clipper is in the infirmary. Many strokes over a 12 day period. His latest post might have gone under the radar.

"Twelve days 7 strokes, new record, no planes : ( Mrs Clipper is getting too skilled at anticipating my moves! They even took away my laptop! All I have is my Kindle and my web sites! Keep up the great projects, they help me focus on getting over this hurdle! I still have a few zeppelins to mail out!!!!!!! Blessings! Dave"

I have been in touch and he is doing fine considering what he's been through.

...Once I get it all fixed up and moved, I hope to pick back up and fly again....
    Let me know as soon as you're ready Shawn and we'll have your flight back in the air in no time. Good luck with the house

Good luck with the project Shawn. See you inn the mess soon.

Sorry to hear that Shawn.
    You can be assured that we will keep a seat by the bar warm for you until your return.
    Fly safe my friend.
    Kyte.

Good luck with the new house, Shawn! We'll be here waiting with a hot coffee and good stories to share with you.

Unhappy Re: Clipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Speaking of R&R, our Clipper is in the infirmary. Many strokes over a 12 day period. His latest post might have gone under the radar.

"Twelve days 7 strokes, new record, no planes : ( Mrs Clipper is getting too skilled at anticipating my moves! They even took away my laptop! All I have is my Kindle and my web sites! Keep up the great projects, they help me focus on getting over this hurdle! I still have a few zeppelins to mail out!!!!!!! Blessings! Dave"

I have been in touch and he is doing fine considering what he's been through.
    So very sorry to hear this about Clipper!
    Is there a thread up in the Officers Club?
    Please pass on my best wishes to him.

Lets hope the elves can fix him up good.

Guys, just to let you know I'm still in this..... just waiting for my Zeppelin to cross the Pacific so I can play the campaign with miniatures!

Thanks for the heads up James - unless you know it's on the way (not knowing how fit Dave is) I would suggest you designate the pilots to fly that mission then press on with Mission 6 with others

That makes sense - Might set the table up in the office and play a for a few hours every evening.

Think that would go for anyone else waiting on a zep or zep build !

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast