Ares Games
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1572

Thread: Over the Trenches Officer's Mess

With only 2 hours to go until we hit 30 June here in Australia games mats are set up and likely minis deployed.

I can't believe half of 2016 is done and dusted........

Yeah, where did that go ?! Can't believe my annual pilgrimage to the wargames show at Bovington Tank Museum is this weekend....shame we can't seem to get a table there. Maybe I can find a connection while I'm there.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yeah, where did that go ?! Can't believe my annual pilgrimage to the wargames show at Bovington Tank Museum is this weekend....shame we can't seem to get a table there. Maybe I can find a connection while I'm there.
    Nice. Perhaps you could post some photos when you get back?

Been there, done that. Don't usually take any these days Carl but I have in the past - best selection is on these threads:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...w-this-weekend

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...2606-Seen-Fury

"He is wise who watches"

Game played. just need time to write it up now.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Game played. just need time to write it up now.
    Rob.
    Down to the wire Rob!

Was it messy for the Bulldogs?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

No Bulldogs involved in this one Paul, and it will be well over the wire before it gets written.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

The "Hearts of Oak" chaps are waiting anxiously to see what Targets their intrepid Photo Recon lads brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    With only 2 hours to go until we hit 30 June here in Australia games mats are set up and likely minis deployed.

I can't believe half of 2016 is done and dusted........
    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    The "Hearts of Oak" chaps are waiting anxiously to see what Targets their intrepid Photo Recon lads brought back.
    No worries!

Scenario is written... and will be posted tomorrow. Trying to get my AAR written prior to the mission's release... want the lads to get proper recognition for their efforts.

No Bulldogs involved in this one Paul, and it will be well over the wire before it gets written.
    Rob.
    Only Italian ones !

"He is wise who watches"

It's 5pm June 30 here is Australia, just got home from work and looking forward to getting my Wings of Glory OTT on tonight!

Very soon Carl...I just saw the scenario and can't wait until it is posted. I hope to fly it this weekend. Hoping the weather holds out long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    No worries!

Scenario is written... and will be posted tomorrow. Trying to get my AAR written prior to the mission's release... want the lads to get proper recognition for their efforts.

'Chris, you will post the briefing today' (brow furrowed, hand waving to the side)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jedi-mind-trick.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	201062
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 06-30-2016 at 19:32.

'Chris, you will post the briefing today' (brow furrowed, hand waving to the side)

Name:	jedi-mind-trick.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	201062
    I will post the briefing today...

Mission Briefing is up and ready to go! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions... all appears clear to me, but the writer's eye often sees what maybe isn't there.

I'm sorry for the delay, Carl... blame it on where I live, as it's still "today" here.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    I will post the briefing today...

Mission Briefing is up and ready to go! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions... all appears clear to me, but the writer's eye often sees what maybe isn't there.

I'm sorry for the delay, Carl... blame it on where I live, as it's still "today" here.
    All good Chris, thanks for posting!

As I pass the 10,000th sortie mark I would like to thank all the past and present players involved in the OTT campaigns without whom most of that score would not have been possible. So thanks for that and for your continued support over the years chaps

"He is wise who watches"

Congratulations on becoming the first British Officer to attain the rank of Colonel Dave.
    I'm sure that the Mess will be very well attended tonight.
    Enjoy the new desk job.
    Kyte.

As I pass the 10,000th sortie mark
    Congratulations Dave

Well done Dave , or should I call you Colonel See you and all the other OTT squad in the bar

...Enjoy the new desk job. Kyte.
    Nooo.o.o.o.o.o.o

"He is wise who watches"

Congrats Dave. Quite the milestone! I'm sure the OTT campaigns won't let you rest on your laurels and keep you busy for a long time coming.

That is some milestone!
    Congrats "Onkel" and thanks for all you do.

Congratulations Dave

Thanks for all your hard work and here's to the next 10,000

Great news Dave but alas I'm back in the OR's mess but I've left the Aspdistra for you to take care of and the cricket/croquet stuff and the grmophone and the records (well one as the others got smashed during the last mess rugger match) remind Hedeby to return that horse to the Artillery and don't forget to water the Aspidistra.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I have sent a communique to the top about your loss of insignia Neil.
    You may very well get a bill from Gieves & Hawkes for a replacement.
    Kyte.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    As I pass the 10,000th sortie mark I would like to thank all the past and present players involved in the OTT campaigns without whom most of that score would not have been possible. So thanks for that and for your continued support over the years chaps
    Tis a Pleasure Colonel! Well deserved Promotion for your dedication to the Western Front throughout the War to its Bitter End.

Drinks are lined up at the Bar for you from the Bulldogs C Flight now the Hearts Of Oak Squadron.

Cheers chaps We'll have to leave Neil's out on the step until he's properly dressed again !

"He is wise who watches"

OTT Bitter End Mission 3 - D minus 3

Three days until I post the briefing for the next OTT Bitter End scenario!

If the meantime it may prove useful to print up some Mark IV tank cards and stats sheet, see http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2286 and http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2287.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 07-28-2016 at 18:29.

D minus 3

If the meantime it may prove useful to print up some Mark IV tank cards and stats sheet, see http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2286 and http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2287.
    Sounds interesting Carl

D minus 3

For others interested in ground targets, there are some nice cards in the Files section: Mission Cards

PS: there are AV7 tank targets there for the other side, if needed?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Puts me nearly a month behind then.
    I will be flying July tomorrow.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    For others interested in ground targets, there are some nice cards in the Files section: Mission Cards

PS: there are AV7 tank targets there for the other side, if needed?
    No A7Vs required, they did not see combat service until 21 March 1918.

Pity though, they are impressive looking vehicles. This is the 'Mephisto' the only surviving original A7V in the world captured by the 26th Battalion AIF in 1918. It is normally displayed only a few kilometres from my place in Brisbane but is currently on loan to the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	203190

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	203191

'Tanks' for the photos!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

OTT Bitter End Mission 3 - D minus 2

For those players out there who like to plan ahead the following is a list of WGF gaming stores you will require to play the next mission:

Name:	OTTBE Mission 3 Stores List.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	203237

Thanks for the heads up Carl. Cambrai then My printer is cr*p although I managed to print off the tank cards, kind of Guess I'll just have to stick to 15mm models if I have enough.

Looking forward to it. Cheers for now. Mike

If the meantime it may prove useful to print up some Mark IV tank cards and stats sheet
    Didn't realize at first that you had made new cards - I have the Mark V

Nice job

it also gave me a chance to try out the new card stock I picked up last weekend.

Briefing has been posted for OTT The Bitter End Mission 3, link here - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...arl_Brisgamer)

Best of British luck or Hals und Bein bruch, whichever is most appropriate!

Briefing has been posted for OTT The Bitter End Mission 3
    Thanks Carl - Tally ho

Nice one chaps - can I ask we keep the BE campaign stuff in the Late War campaign thread and leave the Mess for fluff and serious drinking please.

"He is wise who watches"

Shawn (Diceslinger) has swapped missions with me so I get the Christmas 1917 scenario.

Heads up , if you have any bombers get them out of their wrappers its time to fly the big ones .

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Shawn (Diceslinger) has swapped missions with me so I get the Christmas 1917 scenario.

Heads up , if you have any bombers get them out of their wrappers its time to fly the big ones .
    Haha you read my mind Paul. Thanks for stepping up.

Mission 4 BRF will be available as of 00.00 CET
    Well I hope it will if I finish playing it tonight

Dave.

May I please have a replaacemente Sgt Observer. Giacomo De Manio.

Thanks, Roberto.
    Last edited by flash; 09-25-2016 at 10:53.

Fatto Roberto !

"He is wise who watches"

Grazie mille Dave.

Roberto.

Sorry Chaps but real life and unfortunately death mean I will not be able to post either Mission 7 or 8 till mid March. Keep the Eagles flying lads.
    Paul

Crap. Death issues always suck, no joke. Take care, Paul.

Sorry to hear that Paul. Hang in there and do what you must. We'll hold the line till you return.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast