Ares Games

Thread: Mission 2 AAR

Default Mission 2 AAR

I don't actually have the AAR available right now, but I did finish the scenario today and will get cracking writing it up. I'm feeling a bit guilty about being tardy with this one. Have to admit that I started the scenario over. There were two things that I found difficult to do from a playing point of view. The first was I tried to do altitude, which I've done when playing with a single plane. Keeping track of 5 planes, plus the solo work really scrambled my brain, so I didn't use altitude. This may sound a bit strange, but I'd also never done any bombing before. It took a bit of flight school to figure out how to estimate the distance to target. It also didn't help that I eventually figured out that I was doing the bombing procedure wrong. That bombing template in the files finally set me straight! Anyway, the dust has settled, the bombs have dropped, and those still able are back at their aerodromes. I'll get the AAR written soon.

Well done Lloyd - I didn't use altitude either (it's not compulsory!) glad you found the bombing template in the files - links to useful stuff like that can be found in the final months campaign rules sticky; always worth a look when a mission's coming up !

You are not tardy at all Lloyd. Don't worry old bean. We have till the end of the month to get the AAR. in.
    Rob.

Just blame it on your green crews, Lloyd On the other hand I remember I could have placed the eggs precisely in one mission just to fail badly in another. This is war. And in (table) wars like this the fun of grown up boys is what really counts.!)

I didnt use altiude either except when bombing it can be a bit tricky as you say and as dave said its an optional rule.
    Paul

Similar Missions

1. Solo Mission 4: Luftaufklärungsauftrag (Air reconnaissance Mission).
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 05:12
  2. Mission 7 set-up
    By steel_ratt in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 02:33
  3. Mission 8
    By tikkifriend in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 06:58
  4. First WWI Mission