Ares Games

Thread: New South Wales/Act Command Structure.

Exclamation New South Wales/Act Command Structure.

G'day fellow Pilots!
    Following the lead of Wing Commander Kyte (retired) to introduce "Brevit" ranks into the UK Organisational structure I have decided to follow his example in an effort to continue the excellent work being carried out in our areas.
    This will especially assist any new Pilots reporting for duty to have a point of contact to help them find Clubs, Games & other players in their areas.

Therefore I am pleased to comfirm Zoe Brain as Brevit Canberra/Act Flight Leader with Queanbeyan & Goulburn falling into her Remit.

Rat of Vengance (Dave) will resume his role of Western Sydney Flight Leader &
    COLBATMAN will likewise do so in the Sapphire Coast Flight.

I will continue to oversee the situation in NSW & assist Col with Areas in the Far South Coast.

Any new Pilots joining this site are encouraged to send a Personal Message to one of our Officers for any assistance we may be able to provide.

I am sure our continued commitment to growing the Game & encourageing new chums to enjoy the experience will be a success once new models become available.

I trust we can also continue to promote the Game with demo games at Conventions where possable.

Signed Barry Hickson (gully_raker) Major & Brevit NSW Squadron Leader.

More than happy to continue to follow your lead in this Barry

Dave

I'm incredibly busy/stressed finishing off my thesis - but can spare a little time for this. I should be able to spare more in a few months.

COLBATMAN's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies

Name
    c
    Sorties Flown

Agree Bazz!!!

Way to go guys. I suggested something very similar to Linz the other day.

Zoe, what is your area of discipline and how did you get interested in WWI aviation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Willi Von Klugermann View Post
    Zoe, what is your area of discipline and how did you get interested in WWI aviation ?
    It's multi-disciplinary. I'm using techniques borrowed from biology (evolutionary programming) to investigate the mathematical properties of meta-genetic algorithms. These have been applied to a particularly knotty problem in chemistry involving some fairly difficult calculations in quantum physics.

I think I'll end up getting the PhD in Chemistry, even though the work is more Computer Science. My last paper was in a Physics journal though, the one before that in an Artificial Life conference. We've just submitted another paper to a Computational Chemistry journal, "we" including a Nobel Laureate who's taken my work as a basis for further investigation of Fullerines rather than long-chain molecules. I got co-authorship even though the work's being done in Nagoya, Japan, because they're using my code, and from a little consultation. My involvement's rather peripheral, and it was good of them to put me down as a co-author when the work's really theirs. I just provided the concept.

As regards WWI aviation - probably on my Grandad's knee, with him telling me about his experiences being strafed by red-nosed Albatros's. Long story, I've told some of it on another thread.
    Last edited by Zoe Brain; 03-11-2012 at 08:06.

My compliments. I was a Chem major but hated the lab aspect of it...so much so that a choose a computer project for for my Honors thesis.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    I'm incredibly busy/stressed finishing off my thesis - but can spare a little time for this. I should be able to spare more in a few months.
    Hi Zoe! No problem!
    You just concentrate on your most important things & when you are more free then do what you can
    You have already contributed so much to the Site, Cancon Organisation & Shapeways ordering I am posting you to Blighty for a very well deserved leave.

Brevit Ranks ?

Custer was a brevit major general.

We all know what happened to him.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zakopious View Post
    Brevit Ranks ?

Yeah Kenneth but I dont aspire to that exaulted rank
    Besides I listen to my fellow officers & scouts & know the Huns are out there in number.

Didn't they comfirm Gen. Custers rank as General in 1976 as part of you celebrations?
    Linz

Quote Originally Posted by Zakopious View Post
    Brevit Ranks ?

I think you'll find he was actually a Brevet Major General during the Civil War, and a substantive Lieutenant Colonel when he died.

And now with 700 up, time to retire to the O'Mess where hopefully you'll join me for a wet.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    And now with 700 up, time to retire to the O'Mess where hopefully you'll join me for a wet.

I am up for that Balders old Chap!

Line em up mate.

Well in that case I will continue my work with new members in Queensland

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Well in that case I will continue my work with new members in Queensland
    Way to go Alistair!