Ares Games

Thread: Anyone going to Cold Wars this weekend?

Carlos von C

Default Anyone going to Cold Wars this weekend?

The HMGS, putters-on of Fall-in! and Historicon, are having Cold Wars this weekend in Lancaster. I've went the last two years for Napoleonics, but hopefully I'll see some Wings stuff there now as well too (so I can buy it ALL!).

Is anyone from the 'drome gonna be there?

Not sure if any Wings of Glory is being played, but a pickup game is never out of the question for me and my meagre collection.

Also, I'm running a Star Trek minis game event there, so if you see a guy in a trek shirt, that's me.

I'd love to play some WoW/G there, so hopefully I'll see some of y'all there.

I was going to go tomorrow but als can't get the day off. Usually me and a friend go on Saturday but last year went to Fall In on a Friday and it was great other then the traffic going back to MD.

Did you see where Historicon is in VA this year? Have been going to all the HMGS cons for years. Always get to at least one each year.

I am going to try and get there on Sat. I'm sooooo glad you reminded me about it.

Thanks,

Voss

Carlos von C

Historicon is in Fredericksburg VA this year, bit too far for me to drive. This is my last con till Fall-in! so I plan to really live it up. I'm willing to spend up to $300 this year!

Actually Historicon this year is closer then Lancaster. I remember when Fall In was in Gettysburg. A bit shorter of a drive for me.

My wife has a training class tomorrow, and I had considered taking the kids up there, but I just spent $100 on a book on mercantilism and merchant practices in late 17thC London, so maybe I'll stay home and paint some planes and play some WoW with them instead. Oh, and take them to see John Carter, too.

Long drive for us John. A friend and I have gone there for years. Have to tell a story.
    Years ago (don't remember the year) was a Historicon and we were playing a game SQUADRONS. It was a Battle of Britian battle ( I had 4 Me 109's). Went to sit down, missed the seat of the chair and hit my head on a table. OH the blood. A gamer (DR) came over and the Lancaster EMS was called. While all are checking me out my friend calls out "IT YOUR ROLL". So what do I do get up and make my roll.

Not too far. I frequently drive up to Hershey for the day, or to The Game Parlor in Chantilly, and those are even farther.

(I like to drive.)

ps - Good story!!!

Is this always in Lancaster or does the site vary ? I was occupied this weekend otherwise it would have been a nice day trip.

Sorry for the lateness of this report but it has been a long week already.

I pulled this upcoming events list from the event program for anyone that wants to know what is going on in the next year+.

A friend and I spent most of the day there on Saturday and I took some pictures although I must admit that I was not sure what game was being played sometimes.
    A game of "Watch your 6"

A WWII Sea Power game(Name???)

You can check out the rest in my Cold Wars Album if you like.
    I am looking into going and playing something at Fall in. Sorry I did not see you there Carlos von C, maybe next time.

Voss