Ares Games
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nieuport 17/23 Challenge

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    It's incredible to me, and of course I do not know the ins and outs of it all, but I cannot understand how such a popular game as WoW gets to the point where no one can buy the aircraft. From the forums on here a pile of money has been spent on models from whatever source which could have been in their coffers, good luck to Ares but they better get a move on.
    Some hint as to what has been happening might be gained by looking at whats been turning up for sale on EBay recently.
    Plenty of WoW Fokkers, Brumowski Albatros DIII`s or Nieuports still seem to available if you are willing to bid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit 3 View Post
    Some hint as to what has been happening might be gained by looking at whats been turning up for sale on EBay recently.
    Plenty of WoW Fokkers, Brumowski Albatros DIII`s or Nieuports still seem to available if you are willing to bid for them.

The Ebay prices are crazy...just look at what happens in the last 10 minutes of an auction.

I have extended the contest until the 30th of this month due to the recent issues with the site. Hope this helps out some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I have extended the contest until the 30th of this month due to the recent issues with the site. Hope this helps out some of you.
    This may just save my entry! I've been falling severely behind on schedule.

You're a star Oberst!

/Niclas

Great. I have problem which paintscheme I will choose so the extra time are welcome

Thanks!!! I stilll might have a chance to sneak my in under the wire now!

I was actually frantically working on mine when this post popped up!

Thanks, Herr Oberst!

Thumbs up

Thanks Keith for that but it looks like I will still miss out as the Nieuport 17 I ordered from S/ways via Zoe ended up a knitted one & still awaiting a replacement!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Thanks Keith for that but it looks like I will still miss out as the Nieuport 17 I ordered from S/ways via Zoe ended up a knitted one & still awaiting a replacement!
    Ditto, but I have been working on other stuff for a "Nieuport Challenge"...

pix soon.

That was not a comment by an "Unregistered Guest", but rather by I, the dastardly Dark Horse, throwing down the challenge! BWAHAHA!

I have a couple of models to work on, but real life is conspiring against me, so its unlikely I'll be able to get to work on either of them (or indeed anything) until late May!

gonna submit mine soon.. lol.. just need to do a few finishing touches.. can't wait to see the planes..

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    ...but it looks like I will still miss out as the Nieuport 17 I ordered from S/ways via Zoe ended up a knitted one & still awaiting a replacement!
    Barry, you could build and paint a crashed Nieuport 17, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Barry, you could build and paint a crashed Nieuport 17, too!

Hmmm...The things look on the workbench at the moment, I may need to steal this idea.

/Niclas

I was just wondering the other night if someone would go that route

How much entries - one week before the deadline?

Mine is still not finished, but hopefully, I manage to finish it in time.

i'm just waiting for one sunny day to get the photos. It always takes better in natural light.
    Rob.

If I manage to finish mine at all - It'll be 23.59 on the 30/4.
    Well, that's the whole charm with deadlines, isn't it?

/Niclas

Mine one has been posted several days ago. That means your repaints will be much more detailed

Good luck to you chaps, can't wait to see your Nieuports

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Mine one has been posted several days ago. That means your repaints will be much more detailed
    Not if they started their after you turned yours in!

APR 23, 2012 | 11:56AM CEST

Hi Zoe,

I have reaction regarding your complaint.

We are going to re-print the models for you. The new order number is: 111499

I hope this helps you out.

Regards,
    Kind Regards,

Joost Denissen
    Unless there's an extension of the comp deadline, I think the 7 N-17s in the order will come too late...

Sorry to hear that, but over 2 month seems enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

Good luck to you chaps, can't wait to see your Nieuports
    Don't think you need worry about me Andrzej. The way things are going, I'll be lucky if I manage to start painting on the evening of the thirtieth, since monday seems to be the first real chunk of hobby time I have available in the near future.
    One small blessing though, is that the deadline is actually a couple of hours after midnight (thanks to the time difference) - I fear that I might need that extra time.

/Niclas

I cross my fingers for you, Niclas. Would be great to see that many repaints like in the Albatros contest

I managed to keep to the original deadline, but now I can't wait to see everyone's entries!

Looking grim for my entry. Still no decals (not whinging, I was late ordering them) and discovered tonight that Tarzan's Grip is NOT a substitute for superglue (metal model). Now I have to peel the Tarzan's Grip off the struts, bendy buggers they are, and start again.

I am away all weekend on a church camp I am organising, but lets see if a miracle happens and I get it done Sunday/Monday nights...

Dave

Feel for you Dave!
    Having problem myself, but for different reason. Complications from pulled put tooth necessitates lots of decent strength painkillers - Makes fiddly build more or less impossible. Have to hope for problems to pass soon, so that I can finish build - And finally get down to painting!

/Niclas

Iám late again. Finished the last silver layer yesterday. So many details and so little time I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Feel for you Dave!
    Having problem myself, but for different reason. Complications from pulled put tooth necessitates lots of decent strength painkillers - Makes fiddly build more or less impossible. Have to hope for problems to pass soon, so that I can finish build - And finally get down to painting!

/Niclas
    I hope you feel better soon.

Just sent my entry!
    I've made it!
    Now let's work on the Bomber Mission!
    Then the balloon.
    Then my Over the Trenches Mission 5!
    Then my 16th solitary mission!!
    Then my...
    Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!.....

Rolled %dice. Ops...
    Rolled a 1D10 die. Double ops!
    Lost 10 sanity points.
    Gained a derangement...
    WoG compulsive playing disorder.
    Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Just sent my entry!
    I've made it!
    Now let's work on the Bomber Mission!
    Then the balloon.
    Then my Over the Trenches Mission 5!
    Then my 16th solitary mission!!
    Then my...
    Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!.....

Rolled %dice. Ops...
    Rolled a 1D10 die. Double ops!
    Lost 10 sanity points.
    Gained a derangement...
    WoG compulsive playing disorder.
    Nice...
    Would you like to add getting the U.K. Members lists up to date to that. Find the missing wingman game! My plane has been done for a month and I still need to photograph it.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Would you like to add getting the U.K. Members lists up to date to that. Find the missing wingman game! My plane has been done for a month and I still need to photograph it.
    Rob.
    The clock is running. Today is already 28, Rob!
    You have less than 72 hours.
    Run!!!

Don't panic chaps. I can panic enough for you all.
    Rob.

Smile

Phew! I finally finished mine yesterday & took the pics. Had terrible trouble with some of the ID decals that kept splitting.
    Had to wait for sooooo long due to the first lot of S/ways aircraft sent to Zoe that were not perfect!

Oh well never mind at least I will have another early war plane to carry the fight to the Huns.

Default Zombie Apocalypse

Putting on the final decals now. Then waiting to dry, varnishing, dullcoting, touching up, and photographing.

The model is sub-standard, but I'm pleased with it anyway. My natural reaction to things turning to custard is to take it as a Challenge.

So I've attempted to resuscitate the truly awful Nieuport 17 models that we got from Shapeways. I've only worked on three so far, but I'm putting one of these "Zombies" in for the comp.

How bad were they?

Name:  PICT0019-n17-fuselage.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  130.0 KB

That bad. As I said, a Challenge.

So if I get a half- or even quarter-decent model out of it, I'll be pleased. I think I have, and while they may never be good enough to display, they should be OK for gaming.

Some gals do knitting, or crochet, as a form of meditation, occupying the hands while the mind is elsewhere. I do filing, and filling, and sanding, and painting.

Zoe, interesting textures there........Have you thought of leaving them natural and using washes and a dry brushing to bring out the unique camo?

James

Ahhh I thought those were crocheted, sad we still get these still turning up. I replaced mine in the end.
    I'm sure you'll do a sterling job as usual Zoe

Just put on base coat - Anyone think I'll make it? I'm doubtful...

/Niclas

Just put on base coat - Anyone think I'll make it? I'm doubtful...

/Niclas
    Kyte has faith in you . Go, go Niclas.
    Rob.

Keep painting Niclas!
    You can do it. The more of us, the merrier!

How many hours are left now? Iám getting confused about the time difference

April 30th, midnight US Mountain time?

If so, that's about 30 hours, isn't it?

/Niclas

At last I finished the plane. The photos are unforgiving and I could keep on forever It will be very intresting to see the other entries. The Alabtros DIII challenge was awesome with all the nicely painted planes. Iám sure this will turn out the same way

April 30th, midnight US Mountain time?

If so, that's about 30 hours, isn't it?

/Niclas
    Iám ahead of schedule for once, but Iám to weary to keep painting and my kids rise early Good luck Niclas. Iám looking foreward to see your entry this time

Model completed, pictures taken... but now my camera won't talk to my computer(s), the USB port is KO, so looks like I'll have to go with plan B - low-res pics from my mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Model completed, pictures taken... but now my camera won't talk to my computer(s), the USB port is KO, so looks like I'll have to go with plan B - low-res pics from my mobile phone.
    I say you win an award for perseverance in the face of adversity!

Email sent with my entry photos... I think I got all the right stuff in there.. lol

24 hours left guys and gals!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast