Ares Games

Thread: How many damage decks do you use?

Default How many damage decks do you use?

I normally use double decks even with just two planes a side. Next week I have a large game on and may have to resort to adding a third deck, but will see how far two decks take me.

We usually manage to cope with a single deck with only 4-5 aircraft in play, but we have used double decks occasionally.

I quite often use one in a 4 aircraft game but have recently upped it to a double deck at the club where the chaps have now got used to handling more aircraft - seems to cope with up to eight aircraft quite comfortably; we shuffle the downed combatants cards back in too. I should think a third deck would be ample for most big occasions !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Only one deck, even playing with six "A" firing planes.

We now use limited ammo - so we stay with one deck.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I use one deck for 2 planes.

We usually play out of the deluxe box so it is a double deck.

Didn't know that the "A" deck from the Deluxe Set is a double one...

(Bought the cardgame Famous Aces January 2012)

Ok, we use one "A" damage deck from the Deluxe set, too.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I use one deck for up to planes and haven't run out yet. I believe that is also the guideline from various sources (1 deck per 4 planes).

I have only used one deck per plane so no problem.

In my deck dealing box I have three of each deck at all times.
    Rob.

"Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I like two decks... pretty much all the time

OK, having just spent two days doing the Blue Peter thing, Kyte uses something cooler. Where did you get the box and was it modified?

Thumbs up

I have a double "A" deck, 2 x "B" decks, 1 x "C" & 1 x "D"
    The other chaps at the Club also have Decks so we never run short!

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    OK, having just spent two days doing the Blue Peter thing, Kyte uses something cooler. Where did you get the box and was it modified?
    I am curious too, that would stop the kids in my school club getting things mixed up so much...

Dave

The box came from Hobbycraft, and I then cut pieces of acrylic to make the dividers, slit the joints with a junior hacksaw, put it together with Plastic Weld and Bob's your Aunty.

Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 02-19-2012 at 01:14.

That's so cool

Off to HobbyLobby....oh wait, that's right. They're a family-friendly company that's closed on Sundays
    (boy, I wish there were more like them).
    Monday then.
    Karl

Sorry Rob; I've maxed out on giving you rep points, so I'll just have to offer you a round at the OC

Karl
    Last edited by Jager; 02-19-2012 at 02:12.
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

We only use one damage deck both A & B normally we do not run out of cards, but on the odd occasion we have, all plane are assumed to have run out of ammo the players with the most planes left on the table wins. Or the one occasion when it was even the game was declared a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    That's so cool

Karl

Sorry Rob; I've maxed out on giving you rep points, so I'll just have to offer you a round at the OC

Karl
    Did I hear a free drink being mentioned Karl.
    To the bar.
    Kyte.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Generally we use 2x 'A', 2x 'B', one 'C' and one 'D'. Though with more players we have used 3x 'A'. We use limited ammo and jot down our damage and return cards to the deck.

Most of the time a double A and B, but have used up to 4 of each in a 6 player game. But we use 12 cards in our ammo pile, so we get lots of shooting.

Excellent work their ol son, but I am going to stick to the Blue Peter stuff, much safer for these shaky old hands.