Ares Games

Thread: Picked up Mats and Series 1-WW2

Default Picked up Mats and Series 1-WW2

Well, stopped in to Sentry Box in Calgary, Alberta, a mere 1.5 hours from my house today. Despite my local shop being very good, Sentry Box is... HEAVEN... www.sentrybox.com for any who are interested.

Had the two mats, East and West, on hold for me, and planned to pick up MAYBE Galland and Vybral to try the WW2 minis. Then I saw them, and it was ... GAME OVER

$285 later, I had both mats, the entire series of WW2 planes (how could I think I would pick two and leave the others behind?), and some card sleeves just for trying.

I love this game. Still need Fire From the Sky, though... next trip...

One of our local players picked up the two mats, they are very nice! A bit small for group games, but just right for smaller games at home.

I've only picked up one of the 109's and a Spitfire. I'll get them all, but I'm in no hurry right now as I'm still heavily into the WWI stuff still. When the deluxe set hits, I'll pick it up and start working on a mini campaign... designed more around a battle or series of battles instead of the whole war.

WilliamBarkerVC, $285 in one hit in the toy store, you must have a very understanding wife!! I'd be hiding the models in the garage for ages and slowly filtering them into the house under the cover of darkness to make sure the "long haired general" did'nt find out!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    WilliamBarkerVC, $285 in one hit in the toy store, you must have a very understanding wife!! I'd be hiding the models in the garage for ages and slowly filtering them into the house under the cover of darkness to make sure the "long haired general" did'nt find out!!
    Me too! It is obvious who wears the trousers in his house

Ha ha ha - I have been to the Sentry box a few times. $285 is a flesh wound for that place; quite an amazing store.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    That's funny! See, the problem is, you are hide them. Be brave, fellow gamer. Wear the pants.

Plus, I didn't tell you all that I have ebay'd almost $3000 in stuff over the past 3 months. Clearing out my games room, trying to pare it down to a couple of armies for the games I play, and such.

So $285 was not out of the family budget, it was just from sales.

Bixby Ha ha ha - I have been to the Sentry box a few times. $285 is a flesh wound for that place; quite an amazing store.
    Yes, Sentry Box is like nothing else likely in all of North America. I went to Brookhurst in LA, thinking it would like it - not even close. It was like a closet in comparison (but still lots of stuff!).

Sentry Box will make you broke faster than owning a hockey team in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post
    ...Clearing out my games room, trying to pare it down...
    Oh the HORROR!!!!(gasp-stagger-pull at shirt collar)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie3 View Post
    Oh the HORROR!!!!(gasp-stagger-pull at shirt collar)
    Here are pics of my hobby room, pre-ebay. It was WAAAAY too much. There were 10 double GW cases alone.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/v...gallery/page/1

Very nice Grant. I have NO talent for painting so I admire those who do.

Since we are sharing, Here is some pics of my gaming cave...
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklis...53#item1010553

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
    Very nice Grant. I have NO talent for painting so I admire those who do.

Since we are sharing, Here is some pics of my gaming cave...
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklis...53#item1010553
    Thanks! Nice gaming room. My painting and storage rooms are permanent, my gaming space is not. I have a 6x4 table in the half-basement rec-room, with removable legs. That's where I actually play most of my games like the GW ones. For WoW, it's usually the kitchen table.

I like the set up in my painting room, as the couch provides awesome kick-back room, and the x-box gets used a lot. The blu-ray not as much as I would like. Not sure why.

Anyway, my hobby space was part of the basement development plan, and it's turned out great. Maybe I will take some pics of the post-ebay room, it's a marked difference.

You guys make me so jelous!!!!

My painting room is other wise known as the garage and thats full of other boxes ands stuff that the "Long Haired General" dosent want in the rest of the house (kinda of a junk room), so painting space is in a bit limited.

Don't really have anywhere to play, living room floor if its with my son or if the wifes in a really good mood, I might be able to use the dinning room table.

Just about all of my gaming is done at friends houses or clubs.

Similar Missions

1. Gaming Mats
    By usmc1855 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 14:03