Thread: Ares to release a new Rules and Accessories pack

Any word on this release lately?
    Just wondering . . . . Clipper

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Still projected as August.
    From FB
    Ares Games

5 hours ago

Leaving for GenCon, 9 hours from now! Come to visit us at booth #2134 to be the first to play AZTLAN, discuss LORDS OF MIDDLE-EARTH, try MICRO MONSTERS or WINGS OF GLORY, and buy the first copies available in the US of the WW1 WINGS OF GLORY Rules & Accessories Pack!

Now while that is well and good, at least for those who can get to wherever this event is, all it tells me is that someplace in the very near future is selling the r&ap, and and unknown number of pegs to those who can get there. Which unfortunately is not me
    Last edited by wargamer; 08-13-2012 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by wargamer View Post
    From FB
    Ares Games

5 hours ago

Leaving for GenCon, 9 hours from now! Come to visit us at booth #2134 to be the first to play AZTLAN, discuss LORDS OF MIDDLE-EARTH, try MICRO MONSTERS or WINGS OF GLORY, and buy the first copies available in the US of the WW1 WINGS OF GLORY Rules & Accessories Pack!
    Lucky, lucky basta....er..lads!

I don't think these have been posted yet, they come from the Ares website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RandA1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	57004

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RandA12.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	57005

I must say I like the looks of it so far. It looks well laid out and the new graphics are nice.

I was not a fan of the new style control board in WGS, and I can't say I'm going to be a fan of them in WGF either I do like that fact that on the WGF version they put the icons next to the different slots to show you where everything goes. That's a big plus.

I like the look too. And here's another pic of the new rules, found on a different page on their site.

They certainly look user friendly to me, and should certainly appeal to any new players.
    Rob.

I just got an update from Bill at 12-7 games:

I was informed recently that the WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack has had a production delay and will not be available until September. If anyone wants to cancel the Rules and Accessories Pack from their order, we can refund the money and ship the rest of the order immediately. The customer can then place a separate order for the Rules and Accessories Pack for shipment after the release date. They can email me at:

contactus@12-7-games.com

Thanks,

Bill

Weren't they selling these at GenCon? Or were they pre-production samples?

Wow, they can sell them at GenCon, but not to the non attending public? I swear I have lost any excitement I have had towards this game. Ares is no better than Nexus was at getting releases out and I have had it. I'm tired of empty promises of forthcoming releases and past products that compose a major part of the game that are unattainable

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Weren't they selling these at GenCon? Or were they pre-production samples?
    From my understanding, they were advanced copies they the brought over with them for the Con. A pretty standard practice it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    Wow, they can sell them at GenCon, but not to the non attending public? I swear I have lost any excitement I have had towards this game. Ares is no better than Nexus was at getting releases out and I have had it. I'm tired of empty promises of forthcoming releases and past products that compose a major part of the game that are unattainable
    I have to agree. I have seen too many games release special Con only cards, minis, etc. I would think that any gaming company would rather I give them my $500 than spend it on a plane ticket to Indianapolis or wherever. I can see sneak peeks and test play, but I too feel penalized because of where I live.

It's not a Con only release or special edition. It was simply that they only had a few advanced copies and they choice to make then available to customers at that event. The reason they do this is to build interest and excitement for the game when they have a large audience. This kind of promotion is good for the game and for us as players.

Got to agree there Keith.
    I don't care what they do to advertise the game as long as they eventually come up with the goods.
    It was only about 18 months ago that we were worried that there would never be any more planes at all. Now after the Bombers and early birds are out all we can do is carp about the rules being unobtainable.
    I'm still playing rebellion in the Colonies and I have not seen a re release of the rules for that for 20 years. You should see my copy.
    At least we can download the old rules from here whenever we like. To be frank, if they never release any new rules it won't stop me from carrying on playing the game. I have enough planes to do that. It's not as if it is a new phenomenon in the games world. I have several part finished Regiments because the source dried up before I could complete my Army.
    So keep smiling and carry on regardless chaps. There's a war on don't you know.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    It's not a Con only release or special edition. It was simply that they only had a few advanced copies and they choice to make then available to customers at that event. The reason they do this is to build interest and excitement for the game when they have a large audience. This kind of promotion is good for the game and for us as players.
    Ok, sorry for my venom. As usual, it isn't about this situation, it is about several other experiences. I shouldn't bring my baggage along Thanks to Ares for giving us a sneak peek and being honest about the release date moving to Sept.

This kind of promotion is good for the game and for us as players.
    apparently not, given the reaction it has caused in some quarters.

Pity it still has the gash illustration on the front.

The reason given was a production delay. If that happens at a factory halfway across the world it is not exactly something over which Ares has much if any control. I know that for many of us the nerves are still raw about WG release dates, but these packs are coming, just a few more weeks.

Personally, I just noted that I have been a member of wingsofwar.org now for three years, so I'm in with this game for the long haul. 4 weeks is a drop in the bucket.

As good as it looks I am still unsure as to if I need it or not?

The all enclusive rule books is a big bonus for me... plus I personally want all of my cards to match visually as much as possible.

Mine arrived yesterday! Woooo!

My LGS is getting them in tomorrow (8/31) - if UPS delivers them on schedule.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123