Ares Games

Thread: WWII site theme added.

Default WWII site theme added.

I've been working on a WWII theme for the site the last week or so. Why it is still in progress, I think it's come along far enough so that it is usable. It's based off of Jagdgeschwader 51 (JG 51) and again using rOEN911 artwork for the logo.

Anyone that wants to have a look at it can do so by going to the very bottom of the screen and using the drop down menu on the far left and selecting "JG51".

Feel free to let me know what you do and do not like about it. One of the areas I want to continue to work on is the yellow/black title bars that go across the pages. I'd like for those to be more "aircraft" like in appearance.

Enjoy,

Oberst Hajj

Ok, I checked the option.

The picture is great, the combination of colours fits to the Messerschmitt's painting sheme. It's a enormous difference to the colorful WW I images.

But one thing I realized very fast, is that you mirrored the plane and corrected the plane number "13" to show it correct.

Unfortunately the squadron emblem and the swastika are still wrong sided, at the moment.

I wondered how long it would take someone to notice the mirrored image. lol I think I can fix the squadron emblem, not sure about the swastika though... not a lot of room there to work with.

A great pitcure and nice mix of colours. Better than Soaring theme.

Well done Keith

Attilio

Rather nice; I'll probably switch back and forth occationally.
    Great artwork, of course.
    Karl

Excellent! I'll switch every week from WW1 to WW2 and vice versa! Thanks, Keith!

Ah the 13 is mirrored. That's why the geometrics look wrong
    But nice theme it is

Looks real nice. An excellent option. Excellent job.
    Tony

Thumbs up

Very nice Keith & if I feel like a WW2 "Fix" I will change but as you all know I am "stuck" in 1914-18 somehow.

Certainly a different look! The artwork is of the usual high quality, but the overall yellow/black (ok, dark grey) theme strikes me as reminiscent of an industrial site. I guess I'll be sticking with the sunny uplands of 'Soaring 4'.

Similar Missions

1. Trivia Quiz #20 - Guess the Theme
    By BananaLee in forum Trivia Quizzes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 15:05
  2. I've added 1 new album and added to the Finns/Russian one
    By Lloydthegamer in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 06:19
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 18:37