Ares Games
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Balloon Busters set

Default Balloon Busters set

I found some artwork of the upcoming Balloon Buster set...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic404679.jpg   pic404731.jpg   pic425276.jpg  

Any idea on the release date for the expansion?

The only think I've heard is September. I was talking to my local game store owner, and he was not aware of them coming out. Not that unusual since he deals with a hundred or so game systems, and I keep track of only one or two.

Really looking forward to this
    I wish they'd sell the balloons as separate mini's though, I want perhaps 2-3 balloons but not the rocket plane :P

I'm sure you would not have a problem off loading the planes to someone. Another idea is to just remove the rockets and use them for re-paints

tyree67

looks great, can't hardly wait. now i must make up my mind, what mini game i'll have to stop playing.

Hm, the rocket planes are just for the allies though?
    That's the biggest issue I see right now.

On the other hand I'm not even sure what these rocket planes do, or can do, other than shooting down balloons.

There are special rules for firing rockets at balloons. They could hit planes, but it does not happen very often.

As for there being not German planes with rockets (I assume they used them as well), there were several captured Nieuports flown on the German side. Another idea is to remove the rockets form all those planes you don't want, and glue them on to some German planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    There are special rules for firing rockets at balloons. They could hit planes, but it does not happen very often.

As for there being not German planes with rockets (I assume they used them as well), there were several captured Nieuports flown on the German side. Another idea is to remove the rockets form all those planes you don't want, and glue them on to some German planes.
    Or, to get some 1:144 model, say, a Tornado, and use the rockets off that. And then point to the Nieuport and say, blusteringly, "You call those rockets? Those are NICHT RAKKETEN!" And then proceed to use your new Rockets on your opponent. Problem solved!

tyree67

any news on when in sept. this is coming out.

Sorry, no new info on it. I had my local store owner talk to his distributor for me and they said they did not even know about it. That's not totally unusual though, the typical product makes it into the distributor's system about 60 days before it hits the shelf. They use this lead time to talk the product up and take pre-orders for the stores. Some items get what's called "short listed". These are products that show up as little as 10 days before they hit the store's shelves.

A couple of points. I look forward to the release, according to my hobby store owner, they are translating the rules from Italian into English and then they will be out. As far as Germans using rockets I have been told the Germans did not use them, incendary bullets instead. Also rockets were not used for air to air combat, as they were prity inacurate, except against Balloons and Zeplins. I have got to admit I like the looks of the Nieuport 16

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Really like the looks of this set. Thanks for the art pics.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post
    Or, to get some 1:144 model, say, a Tornado, and use the rockets off that. And then point to the Nieuport and say, blusteringly, "You call those rockets? Those are NICHT RAKKETEN!" And then proceed to use your new Rockets on your opponent. Problem solved!
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
    Thanks! I DO try hard!

hardrada

Any further udate on release as yet guys?

I'm trying to remember if Andrea gave me an update on this one. I want to say it is coming out in Oct now.

Wow - these are amazing. Can't wait to add these to the collection. I had read somewhere that these are coming out in late October or early November. Time of course for the Christmas wishlist!

According to the site below Balloon Busters is confirmed for October 2009

http://http://merlindex.free.fr/spip/spip.php?breve33

Some Halberstadt D.II/D.III and Albatros D.III had them. A few: then incendiary bullets became common.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/ot...s-rockets.html

Default Models in the Balloon Busters?

I've never purchased a deluxe set. Will models be included in it or will they be available seperately? I'm particularly anxious to get my hands on the Neiuport 16s. They can be used as N-11s in other early war senarios.

Pooh

Pooh, The WWI Deluxe set (not available in English speaking countries) comes with four of the Series 1 miniatures. The Balloon Buster set will come with the balloon and one Ni16. There will be two versions of this set, I'm assuming the only difference will be a repaint on the Ni16 and the matching card for it. As of now, this set is the only way to get a Ni16 miniature... or will be when it comes out some time this month.

Default Thanks

Thanks Kieth,

That's what I wanted to know. I told my hobby retailer about the set yesterday. It isn't on his system yet but as he is also a WoW gamer, he's now on the lookout for it. I've got my order in for 1 of each set so I can have both planes (and balloons if they're different).

Pooh

Pooh - yep, the retailer I have emailed about this doesn't see it on his system yet either. But is looking out for it - and he plays too!

Anyone seen a price estimate? I am thinking $35 to $40 for plane and balloon set...but that is just a guess....
    Last edited by Ritterton; 10-09-2009 at 18:45. Reason: another question came to my mind.

I would think it would come in about the same price as the box sets.

I would think it would come in about the same price as the box sets.
    Um - for those of us who didn't buy the box set of the minis - Colonel, Sir, how much would that be?? ;-)

Sorry, was referring to boxed sets like Famous Aces and Watch Your Back.

Any update when Balloon Busters is coming out?

Nothing heard yet at the US distributors. You can see one of the balloons in a photo Andrea posted here.

I did some checking around and found some pictures of the two sets on display at the German gaming fair that is going on now.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic587378.jpg   pic587528.jpg  

Talking

These look great, I was only going to buy one set but now I will be buying both:!

I agree! That certainly looks great!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

I'm raelly looking forward to buy them at Essen tomorrow.

ego, could I talk you into taking some photos of all the contents and sending them to me please? I’d like to make an official post with images and all. Thanks if you can!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

ego, could I talk you into taking some photos of all the contents and sending them to me please? I’d like to make an official post with images and all. Thanks if you can!
    I can sure try. What would you like exactly?
    Photos of all the new stuff?
    A Few Impressions of the booth?

I did some checking around and found some pictures of the two sets on display at the German gaming fair that is going on now.

Enjoy!
    Cool. Now if we can get a release date j/k

I'm excited to see your pictures, Ego. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ego View Post
    I can sure try. What would you like exactly?
    Photos of all the new stuff?
    A Few Impressions of the booth?
    Some shots of the NG booth would be cool. I'd really like some good photos of the front and back of one of the balloon boxes as well as a good over shot of every thing that comes in the box.

Wow, that looks just soo awesome!
    I want 4 to paint in different colors and add markings too..

The yellow might be a bit colorful, I might just repaint it to beige! :P

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

They look fantastic.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Wink

Some shots of the NG booth would be cool. I'd really like some good photos of the front and back of one of the balloon boxes as well as a good over shot of every thing that comes in the box.
    I'll do my very best!

Here's a place where you might want to check for updates occasionally:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/39596

Of course, there's lots of Wings of War info elsewhere on that site.

Yep, that's were I got those two photos posted above

Yep, that's were I got those two photos posted above
    Yeah, I recognized them right away... just thought some folks might want to wander around that site as well. There's so much great information over there, too (on WoW and just about every other game ever printed).

spidey10

This set looks great! I must have!

The more I see of the WWI stuff the more I want it [I've put my WWII collection on hold for now until I get some of the WWI stuff]

I really wasn't planning on getting any WWI stuff. So I can now blame you lot for getting me into the WWI planes.

I will certainly be getting both of those box sets.

Cheers
    GW

Users Country Flag

Name
    A. Emerson
    Sorties Flown

My economy sticks me to WW2 but those balloons are really tempting...

I have had my set on order for a month now. I sit by the front door waitnig for the post to deliver.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by Seiseki View Post
    Wow, that looks just soo awesome!
    I want 4 to paint in different colors and add markings too..

The yellow might be a bit colorful, I might just repaint it to beige! :P
    For the markings, decals should be included for different nations.

The yellow is the typical ones for Austria balloons. My friend Paolo Varriale had an original piece in his hands and can attest the color.

Richad Bliss posted a short video presentation here:

http://richardbliss.typepad.com

If something changes with time, you can reach it there:

http://richardbliss.typepad.com/rich...n-figures.html

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I have had my set on order for a month now. I sit by the front door waitnig for the post to deliver.

John B
    According to what I've heard from Nexus in Essen yesterdy, you'll have to wait till next year...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGS: WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 15:34