Ares Games

Thread: Wings Of Glory now at Walmart!

Default Wings Of Glory now at Walmart!

WWII fighters! But not from Ares, I'm afraid: http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/v...27267&start=25

let us have a pic of the cards you use with those 1/48 scale wog birds

I wonder if Ares know that someone else is marketing under the Wings of Glory trademark?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I wonder if Ares know that someone else is marketing under the Wings of Glory trademark?
    ... and has been for some years, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    ... and has been for some years, apparently.
    That is what was worrying me. I hope this is not going to have a knock on effect as to production schedules if Ares suddenly have to change all their packaging, and marketing blurb.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I don't think its an issue. You can't copyright a title unless it is something pretty unique. There are dozens of books and other products called "Wings of Glory". I think it only becomes an issue where two very similar products may share a name and hence significant confusion ensues.

Exclamation

I don't think its an issue. You can't copyright a title unless it is something pretty unique. There are dozens of books and other products called "Wings of Glory". I think it only becomes an issue where two very similar products may share a name and hence significant confusion ensues.
    Also if the other Company has Copyrighted the name for 1/144 model aircraft.

I guess if its a problem they could come up with a new name. "Wings of War" might work, it sounds catchy

I guess if its a problem they could come up with a new name. "Wings of War" might work, it sounds catchy
    I like it!

Seriously strange mix of planes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wingsOfGlory48Scale_102_1264.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	144477

And, it wouldn't take much for confusion between products, if a store stocked both lines? Serious players wouldn't have issues, but novices might.

Oh, perhaps this might put pause to the guys expecting an expansion into larger scale games by Ares?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

What scale are these? If 1/48 I am sure will not confuse most people interested in this game by the name. But then you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

Um -- can you provide a maker's name for those? I need to look them up.

Hmm. Interesting. What scale are them??
    Changing subjects, i dont think the name is an issue. As David said, i guess only similar products (with the same name of course) may have a problem.
    Thanks

Nick

And, it wouldn't take much for confusion between products, if a store stocked both lines? Serious players wouldn't have issues, but novices might.

Oh, perhaps this might put pause to the guys expecting an expansion into larger scale games by Ares?
    Ha, Jets of Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    What scale are these? If 1/48 I am sure will not confuse most people interested in this game by the name. But then you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. What scale are them??
    Changing subjects, i dont think the name is an issue. As David said, i guess only similar products (with the same name of course) may have a problem.
    Thanks

Nick
    These are, regrettably, 1/48th scale. So, unless you are going BIG, you need to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Um -- can you provide a maker's name for those? I need to look them up.
    I have no idea of the maker's name. The marketing name is "Wings of Glory".
    Mike

I guess Ares doesn't have a lock on the name:

"Wings of Glory", Seth Harris

Not a good comparison for our aspirations of flight.

Or, perhaps, more prophetic of some of our efforts? *even bigger frowney face!
    Mike

I have no idea of the maker's name. The marketing name is "Wings of Glory".
    It should be on the box somewhere.

Because any web-search of "wings of glory" just leads back here....

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    It should be on the box somewhere.

Because any web-search of "wings of glory" just leads back here....
    I snagged the image from the interweb. Walmart in Canada will probably never see these, and I don't have any use for WWI models, especially 48th scale. Can't help you with the manufacturer, sorry.

PS: There is a P-40 from this group, too. I saw one on e-Bay. But no other planes...
    Mike