Romain Hugault
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Fiction
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:
    1917 France

A new German pilot, fighting with an albatros DV painted with an Edelweiss creates confusion and terror in French Forces even l'Escadrille des Cigognes seems to be affected.

Apologies for the poor translation in English, but this comic released a few days ago is really good.
    Wonderful design, promising story there will be 3 volumes, i enjoyed this book a lot.
    I know it is in French, don't think it will be translated in English one day, but graphics worth it.

Stéphane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails edelweis.jpg   edelweiss_2.jpg   edelweis 3.jpg   edelweis 4.jpg  
    Last edited by dans le mille; 01-21-2012 at 14:45.

Ok, nice graphics, and forgiving all the N2 and Jasta 23b references, it's good to see a Char Schneider CA1 for a change!
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 03-05-2012 at 15:04.

sorry guys forgot to mention the name of the scenarist : Yann.
    Romain Hugault is the drawer.

thanks

Users Country Flag

Name
    Friedhelm
    Sorties Flown

Default WGFF: Der Pilot mit dem Edelweiß 1: Valentine

Book Title:
    Der Pilot mit dem Edelweiß 1: Valentine
    Author:
    Romain Hugault
    ISBN:
    ISBN-10: 3899084888
    Category:
    History
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    1917.world war one, High above the muddy trenches, in which the French and the German soldiers fight man vs. man on the bloody ground, the pilots whit theyr beautiful colored planes from both nations,duell in the sky.And a mysterious German Albatros comes up with a great edelweiss flower on the fuselage, brings panic to the brave french pilots from the stork squad....
    For whatever reason, a courageous death Ass like Henri Castillac is suddenly overwhelmed with every appearance of this enemy aircraft from fear and terror? What terrible secret shares Henri with his brother Alphonse, who is a former pilot himself, but was transferred to the tank weapon?
    And most importantly: What's in January 1910 during one of the worst flood of the Seine really happened at the Paris bridge "Pont de l'Alma"?
    A great story. Beautiful artwork, and a must have for every WOW - WW1 Player! OK, its not a book, it’s a comic, but whit this book in your hands, you can fell the wind on your nose …;-)
    Fantastic drawn aircrafts , a god story and much material for us to dream on ……….
    In april 2014 part 2 is in our stores.Have a look on a page of this comic, and you will know what I mean …..Book is in german (I think you can have it in french to, english ?? I don’t know
    Der Pilot mit dem Edelweiß 1: Valentine /Story :Yann/Artwork :Romain Hugault
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails salleck-pilot-edelweiss-1-leseprobe-1.jpg  

Users Country Flag

Name
    Berel
    Sorties Flown

I have all three of them in Dutch. The original was French and it IS being translated into English as well but that might take some time.

The story is entertaining and fun but expect some fantasy-ish stuff and one scene in the second book that made me scratch my head. I cannot fully say what it entails or else I'm going to spoil the ending. Not the greatest story but done well enough to be above average. Is it just me or are most comics boring these days?

The artwork is just superb. Being an artist myself I am very picky about what works I buy but this series stands out. The attention to detail is amazing. Note to those that want to pick this up, these are adult comics. They are not fit for young kids unless you are comfortable explaining that the characters are not dancing naked together.

They also have WWII aviation books coming up(two series already out here) and a WWI and WWII pin-up book. Girls and planes; what could you want more?

Exclamation

There was of course at least one German pilot who carries the Edelweiss on his Aircraft & there is indeed a Wings model of it.
    Uffz Paul Beaumer of Jastas 2 & 5 who ultimately had a total of 43 victories.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    There was of course at least one German pilot who carries the Edelweiss on his Aircraft & there is indeed a Wings model of it.
    Uffz Paul Beaumer of Jastas 2 & 5 who ultimately had a total of 43 victories.
    Actually, at least two; Paul Baumer, and Otto Kissenberth of Jastas 16b and 23b.