Ares Games

Thread: Boxed Sets Getting Reprints?

Default Boxed Sets Getting Reprints?

Any word on boxed sets & cards getting reprints or will this game now exclusively be a miniatures game?

I know I had the card game only for about 4 weeks before I decided to dive in with the minis...

I think there's a vibrant market for the card game still, but at the same time I don't know how profitable that market is so it's hard to comment as an outsider.

I've not heard from my sources on any thing about the card version of the game. I think at one time Andrea said that it would continue on as a card game though.

It's just a great low price-point entree to the game system that I think it'd be a harder sell for the minis game if you couldn't hook people with the card game. Back when I was doing demos and product was on local shelves, I can tell you that it generated sales not for minis but for the card game even though minis were also available.

I am actually buying more card booster packs now than ever, as I try to source cards for my repaints.
    Oh! Why are there no independent J decks? I'm fed up with having to buy Burning Drachens sets. Anyone wan't any Balloon cards free?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob there is a simple answer to dealing with lack of J deck. Simply colour photocopy the deck (deck fits on to 2 x A4 sheets) laminate and then cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Rob there is a simple answer to dealing with lack of J deck. Simply colour photocopy the deck (deck fits on to 2 x A4 sheets) laminate and then cut out.
    Thanks Alastair. I have a problem with that. I have all actual decks for my sets of aircraft, and although it makes no sense, as I do have Max's and Gunners' aircraft cards for the ones unobtainable, I have set this silly rule that I will always try to get official cards if they exist.
    Anyone want a bunch of Pfalz aircraft without decks or pegs?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I am actually buying more card booster packs now than ever, as I try to source cards for my repaints.
    Oh! Why are there no independent J decks? I'm fed up with having to buy Burning Drachens sets. Anyone wan't any Balloon cards free?
    Rob.
    Kyte, I think I have a spare J deck I can send you. PM me your snail mail address and I'll have a look when I have access to my stuff tonight.

[ hate the auto spell correct on this tablet!]

That is very civil of you Paul. If I can repay you in any way I will be glad to . At the moment I have spare A and B damage decks if they are of any use.
    Rob.

Rob, PM'd you re the Pfalz's
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

You already have my friend: I have a shiny, new Schassenberg card you sent last fall for my pseudo-Schassenberg repaint! Plus all the free advice and humourous comment you have contributed to the many posts I read.

That's what I love about this community, we help each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    You already have my friend: I have a shiny, new Schassenberg card you sent last fall for my pseudo-Schassenberg repaint! Plus all the free advice and humourous comment you have contributed to the many posts I read.

That's what I love about this community, we help each other out.
    And you sir are an Officer and a gentleman
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Anyone want a bunch of Pfalz aircraft without decks or pegs?Rob.
    Who wouldn't?

Dont forget chaps there are photo cards of most of the decks on file here at the drome, I have used these to fill out my extra decks

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...p?do=cat&id=43

This is pretty cool. Another great idea is to get a nice top down shot of your paint schemes and overlay it on the blank card templates here. I've seen a few of those a while back and cannot remember who did it. The result was pretty awesome though.